Ransomware stole our webshop (Azero) - New PS install

Hi.

Unfortunately our web-shop was stolen including all our domains, mails at our hosting: Azero.

We have to start from scratch as their backups and even their central administration systems, was hacked too.

We now has the possibility to start from scratch ;/ Yay Y

So what to choose? A version of 1.7.x? or 8.1? 

We want to try to make fast contents with CSV import with combinations - Is it possible and which version is best for that?

Before: We had our web-shop at PS 1.6.1.13 and never got to use the Migration tool we bought for upgrading to 1.7.x. We didn't had a lot of modules - only the some freewares, Mega Menu, EU Cookie Law GDPR, Official GDPR Compliance by PS 1.5 & 1.6), Combinations pictures and Bulk Mass editing, which I think is either integrated or 8.1 ready. And the Theme was free and not without faults.

38 minutes ago, Shopify said:

Before: We had our web-shop at PS 1.6.1.13

If you still have that old version you have something to build upon
Sorry to hear that. we try to convince shop owners to have more than one shop as that can happen.

16 hours ago, Nickz said:

If you still have that old version you have something to build upon
Sorry to hear that. we try to convince shop owners to have more than one shop as that can happen.

Hi Nick

It's a big no - The host's backups are stolen as well. We have absolutly nothing - except for a 1 year old DB I downloaded from the host. Alot have happend since that.

Il y a 2 heures, Shopify a dit :

It's a big no - The host's backups are stolen as well. We have absolutly nothing - except for a 1 year old DB I downloaded from the host. Alot have happend since that.

Hi,

it was up to you to set up an outsourced backup solution, which is mandatory for any sensitive site, and an e-commerce site could not be more sensitive.

Personally, I back up every 6 hours my database sent by email and stored on my server with 30 different versions, then I back up all the files every day to another location.

What's more, my domain names are managed by a company that does just that, and hosting is provided by another service provider.

These are the basic safeguards that need to be implemented.

21 hours ago, Mediacom87 said:

Hi,

it was up to you to set up an outsourced backup solution, which is mandatory for any sensitive site, and an e-commerce site could not be more sensitive.

Personally, I back up every 6 hours my database sent by email and stored on my server with 30 different versions, then I back up all the files every day to another location.

What's more, my domain names are managed by a company that does just that, and hosting is provided by another service provider.

These are the basic safeguards that need to be implemented.

Yeah - sounds about right. Our DB was so big, that I couldn't make a full backup via SQL - I had to have the host do it and download it FTP. And PS1.6's own backup service wasn't full either so didn't bother to do that, as I thought it would just make a restore incomplete anyway. But yeah - I should have asked for more DB-backups to download.

Now - I didn't post here to be more belittled, I can do that BIG time by myself. But to ask all of you extraordinary, amazing Prestashopper's, that like to give amazing and useful guides, and give away what your experiences tells you, about which version to use to start from scratch? If you should start a new shop of products with lots of combinations - where would you start? (*Sometimes in 1.6 we had to devide a product bec of too many combinations)

Thank you.

Pia

il y a une heure, Shopify a dit :

Yeah - sounds about right. Our DB was so big, that I couldn't make a full backup via SQL - I had to have the host do it and download it FTP. And PS1.6's own backup service wasn't full either so didn't bother to do that, as I thought it would just make a restore incomplete anyway. But yeah - I should have asked for more DB-backups to download.

Like everything else, a database needs to be maintained, because it accumulates an enormous amount of useless data, which is why there are modules that allow you to clean up your store regularly, and why my database backup module allows you not to save the contents of non-essential tables in order to support huge databases.

il y a une heure, Shopify a dit :

Now - I didn't post here to be more belittled, I can do that BIG time by myself. But to ask all of you extraordinary, amazing Prestashopper's, that like to give amazing and useful guides, and give away what your experiences tells you, about which version to use to start from scratch? If you should start a new shop of products with lots of combinations - where would you start? (*Sometimes in 1.6 we had to devide a product bec of too many combinations)

My answer wasn't a criticism, but a simple reminder of common sense when you own an online store that represents a work tool.

Your question about which version to start with is a complex one.

If you've identified problems that specifically bother you in your business, the best way to choose a version would be to test versions based on these problems to see if they've been corrected.

Personally, I'm not a great advocate of PrestaShop versions 1.7 or 8, as I'm still on a customized version 1.6 and will certainly be upgrading to version 1.6 called PhenixSuite, which allows you to take advantage of PHP 8. I can only invite you to test it too, as it will enable you to take advantage of PHP's technical evolutions while maintaining your working habits.