How made Prestashop work faster

Shark Bur

Hello Shark,

There are several steps you can take to make PrestaShop work faster:

• Optimize images: Ensure your product images are appropriately sized and compressed to reduce loading times. Consider converting them into WEBP format to get a smaller size but decent image quality.
  • Use a Content Delivery Network (CDN): CDNs distribute your website's content across multiple servers globally, reducing server response times.
  • Enable caching: PrestaShop offers built-in caching options. Make sure they are activated to reduce server load.
  • Minimize HTTP requests: Reduce the number of requests your website makes to the server. This can be done by merging CSS and JavaScript files.
  • Choose a reliable hosting provider: Select a hosting provider known for its speed and reliability.
  • Regularly update PrestaShop: Keep your PrestaShop installation, themes, and modules up to date to benefit from performance improvements.
  • Database optimization: Optimize your database tables to improve query performance.
  • Install a speed optimization module: Additionally, you might want to explore modules that are designed specifically for PrestaShop speed optimization and can significantly enhance your website's loading times.

My best regards.

20 hours ago, Leonard Britvolli said:

It's funny that AI gave the same answers, albeit more briefly 

I actually worked in AI in the late 80's at american express, it's not a new thing, large companies have been using it for many years.

to keep my mind somewhat sharp I don't use any ai for communications...

when doing shop performance I focus is on hardware (ssd nvme for example) and tuning the mysql config (which nobody mentions) which significantly can lower ttfb.  tuning ps is expensive but I'll do it if they have budget.

I've always been committed to performance and recently created two new works, jss and css pro that removes render blocking, there is no better solutions for this for any platform, something I might have created in my previous career but this for ps. https://prestaheroes.com/collections/performance

note: I highly advise against using any ps module performance module that implements internal cache, I've made 10,000's of usd's on new client intake reporting unreproducible cart results.  

have a great day

• Like 2

On 9/12/2023 at 10:59 PM, tdsoft said:

You should use Cloudfare Cache website, it iss free!!!

it's not that helpful, finally cloudfart figured out not to cache .html pages...

the free package then does not offer anything of real value

I'll warn you all again, if it has the word cache in solution I recommend avoiding, this aint' wordpress...you are dealing with dynamic data's and .js is easy to break loool

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Hope the below list solutions will help.

Choose a Good Hosting Provider: Select a hosting provider that specializes in hosting PrestaShop. Ensure they offer fast and reliable servers with good uptime and support for your specific PrestaShop version.

Use the Latest PrestaShop Version: Keep your PrestaShop installation up to date. Newer versions often come with performance improvements and security fixes.

Optimize Images: Large images can slow down your website significantly. Use image optimization tools or plugins to compress and resize images without compromising quality. PrestaShop has built-in image optimization features.

Enable Caching: Utilize caching mechanisms to store static content and reduce server load. PrestaShop has a built-in caching system that you can enable in the back office.

Content Delivery Network (CDN): Implement a CDN to distribute your website's assets (images, scripts, stylesheets) across multiple servers worldwide. This reduces server load and speeds up content delivery.

Minimize HTTP Requests: Reduce the number of HTTP requests by combining CSS and JavaScript files, using CSS sprites, and minimizing the use of external scripts and stylesheets.

Enable GZIP Compression: Enable GZIP compression on your server to compress files before they are sent to the browser, reducing file size and load times.

Optimize Database: Regularly optimize your PrestaShop database by removing unnecessary data and optimizing database tables. PrestaShop has a built-in feature for this purpose.

Use Lazy Loading: Implement lazy loading for images and other assets. This technique loads content as the user scrolls down the page, improving initial load times.

Minimize Third-party Plugins and Modules: Be cautious with third-party plugins and modules. Some poorly coded or unnecessary modules can slow down your website. Only install and activate the ones you truly need.

Reduce Redirects: Minimize the use of redirects, as they add extra HTTP requests and delay page loading.

Enable Browser Caching: Configure your server to leverage browser caching, so returning visitors can load your site faster.

Optimize TTFB (Time to First Byte): Ensure your server responds quickly to requests. This can involve server optimization, using a Content Delivery Network, and minimizing server-side processing time.

Monitor and Audit Your Website: Regularly monitor your website's performance using tools like Google PageSpeed Insights, GTmetrix, or Pingdom. Conduct regular audits to identify and fix performance bottlenecks.

Consider a Faster Theme: Some PrestaShop themes are faster and more optimized than others. Consider switching to a lightweight and well-coded theme if your current theme is causing performance issues.

Use Content Delivery Network (CDN): Implementing a CDN can distribute your website's content across multiple servers around the world, reducing latency and speeding up loading times for visitors from different locations.

Reduce External Resources: Minimize the use of external resources like social media widgets and external fonts, as they can slow down your site's loading times.

Database Indexing: Ensure that your database tables are properly indexed. Proper indexing can significantly improve database query performance.

Server-Level Optimization: Consider server-level optimizations such as using PHP opcode caching (e.g., OPCache), tuning your server's configuration for PrestaShop, and using solid-state drives (SSDs) for storage.

Regularly Monitor and Test: Performance optimization is an ongoing process. Regularly monitor your site's performance and conduct performance tests to identify and address any new issues that may arise.

• Thanks 2

There are many patches to gain a little bit of speed, but my recomendation is installing litespeed or varnish, either you or some expert, and cache all frontend when user is no logged in. This will improve enough your sales while keeping your store easy to mantain. If your store is quite slow, consider moving to a better hosting.

• Like 1

On 9/14/2023 at 11:02 PM, PrestaHeroes USA said:

it's not that helpful, finally cloudfart figured out not to cache .html pages...

the free package then does not offer anything of real value

I'll warn you all again, if it has the word cache in solution I recommend avoiding, this aint' wordpress...you are dealing with dynamic data's and .js is easy to break loool

You can use Page Rules in cloudfare to Cache everything page with *.html:

https://developers.cloudflare.com/cache/how-to/edge-browser-cache-ttl/create-page-rules/