Reverse Migration

EcoPets

Has any tried to reverse migration form Prestashop 8.1.1 back to 1.7?  I am finding that there are some things that 8.xx does and does not do that I am not happy with, so I would like to go back to 1.7.8.9.  I have spend quite a bit of time setting things up, but 8.1.1 just seems too buggy and not widely supported for me. 

Any suggestions would be most appreciated!

Not really.  I started with 8.1.1 thinking the newest version would be the best.  But there are quite a few modules that are not compatible as well as themes.  In reading these forums, it seems that the vast number of users are in 1.8 and are able to do plenty of workarounds that don't pertain to 8.11.  It just seems that version 8 was rushed to market before the ecosystem was ready for it.  It is a very common process in software these days.

You can try do the trick and change in app/appKernel.php your shop version to lower like 1.7.8.0, same thing in DB configuration table ther are 2 rows to change. Then you can download prestashop 1.7.8.9 and using 1-click upgrade module you can try update shop to choosing version from local archive.

I'm not sure if it will work so make copy of your store and DB before upgrade.

• Like 1

I also advise you to check if the server does not have a backup copy, I don't know when you updated the version from 1.7 to 8, but some hostings keep a copy even from a few weeks. And such a restore from a copy is the fastest solution.

You can also run version 1.7 and migrate all data from 1.8 by making the store from scratch in a lower version without losing data.

I started with 8.1.1 so there is no 1.7 backup.  I tested 1.7 on my local machine so I have a copy there and I am working on importing the 8.1.1 database backup there and editing what I might need to see if I can make it work.  I know it is a long shot, but rebuilding my product files and setup is very tedious.

• 1 month later...

I recommend going to addons and buying a migration module

note: manually migrating requires advanced knowledge of ps catalog db....I do, you all don't, so pay heed:

we used this recently with good success.

https://addons.prestashop.com/en/data-migration-backup/8934-migrationpro-prestashop-upgrade-and-migration.html

1. create subdomain, install latest 1.7  (target)

2. follow migration instructions, usually requires simple uploading a file to the (source) shop

3. run migration

go live

1. put prod shop in mant mode

2. resync new orders, customers etc.,

3 copy target shop to subdomain for reference, fallback

4 copy source shop to httpdocs/public

note: target shop will be default theme.  you may need to reinstall 3rd party modules and update webservice.

this can all be done in a day...for admin level ps user.

they also have ps to yfipohs loool.  always good to kick tires on different cars

Edited by PrestaHeroes USA (see edit history)