[1.7.8.5] Backoffice very slow - Notification and AdminStat

Myo

Hello everyone.

After several days of unsuccessful research, I have come to ask you for help.

For several weeks, I have huge slowdowns in my backoffice, on almost all pages. I have to wait for all ajax requests to complete before I can do anything.

I'm pretty sure the problem is with the notification system when there's a new order/customer/message but I haven't been able to verify that.

I also think stats also slow down pages. I attach my log when launching the Catalog > Category page :

2023-07-2815_53_50-CatgoriesThibautNature.thumb.png.7a41698dd0ae3a5b28a947a2934fd920.png

This is all I tried to disable the notifications:

• Advanced Settings > Administration: Notification, all disabled
  • Disable the "Order Notifications on the Favicon" module
  • Empty the ps_connections, ps_connections_page, ps_connections_source tables
  • In classes/Notification.php, I forced the function getLastElements() returned an empty array
  • Cache cleared

All these changes have not changed anything, the requests are still all sent.

Unfortunately I can't activate profile mode on my shop, all pages crash when I activate it.

Does anyone know how to disable these notification requests?
Same remark concerning the AdminStat requests which are launched on the pages which have a header with statistics, for example the list of customers which displays the average age of the customers. I don't want to disable my store stats, just turn off sending the request directly in the code if need be.

Thank you.

Edited by Myo (see edit history)

I have 2 prestashop on the same server, the other is in a lower version, it contains more customers, more orders and more products. Both have the same modules but all the pages of the BO of the first site load in 1 second while the 2nd load in 5-8 seconds. I'm pretty sure the problem isn't with the host.

Cleared cache, I also cleared the contents of /var/cache/

What are you looking for in F12? the call comes from main.bundle.js but I just can't find the source.

I'm on 1.7.8.5

Where can I go to disable the prestashop default call?

2 hours ago, Myo said:

@musicmaster Be my hero please :)

I don't think those calls will take up so much time. It would be a better idea to enable _PS_DEBUG_PROFILING in /config/defines.inc.php and look whether some queries take too much time.

But if you want to play with those notifications: the only thing that I could find that main.bundle.js is included in /classes/controller/admincontroller.php. The relevant part looks like:

public function setMedia($isNewTheme = false)
    {
        if ($isNewTheme) {
            $this->addCSS(__PS_BASE_URI__ . $this->admin_webpath . '/themes/new-theme/public/theme.css', 'all', 1);
            $this->addJS(__PS_BASE_URI__ . $this->admin_webpath . '/themes/new-theme/public/main.bundle.js');

// the multistore dropdown should be called only once, and only if multistore is used
            if ($this->container->get('prestashop.adapter.multistore_feature')->isUsed()) {
                $this->addJs(__PS_BASE_URI__ . $this->admin_webpath . '/themes/new-theme/public/multistore_dropdown.bundle.js');
            }
            $this->addJqueryPlugin(['chosen', 'fancybox']);
        } else {

But I have no idea what $isNewTheme is for...

It would be a better idea to enable _PS_DEBUG_PROFILING in /config/defines.inc.php and look whether some queries take too much time.

I can't :(

Unfortunately I can't activate profile mode on my shop, all pages crash when I activate it.

2023-08-0915_56_47-Window.thumb.png.526c8cc999e42e3ca0d7f6c784769d27.png

2023-08-0915_58_16-Window.thumb.png.1128031e0594f4450abfdd5d206178a0.png

On 7/28/2023 at 4:23 PM, Myo said:

I have never seen an error message like this before. I would like to see what is on that line 2013 but I have no idea how that could be achieved. I hope someone else can advise on that.

- Obviously something more serious is wrong with your shop. But I have no idea what. Did you have a look at the server's error log?

- Did you try to solve your speed problem by outcommenting the line with "main.bundle.js" in the code I mentioned?

- Try to disable statistics modules

But if you want to play with those notifications: the only thing that I could find that main.bundle.js is included in /classes/controller/admincontroller.php. The relevant part looks like:

I disabled the import of the bundle and the notifications are no longer called. Unfortunately, my BO is still slow, but I'm glad I can dismiss that point, thanks for the advice.

I managed to display the profiling but only from the Dashboard page. I'm not sure where to look to identify the problem, do you see something suspicious?

2023-08-1118_34_43-Window.thumb.png.3e9ec8624758e93267be12ff428de3c0.png

2023-08-1118_35_05-Window.thumb.png.2d56196300b4f77f863ffa3e7d29b4cc.png

2023-08-1118_35_51-Window.thumb.png.7115b5efa48dc67df4b434850620b957.png

2023-08-1118_36_41-Window.thumb.png.3bdf00de7740b3a6ff06d7b840e3029a.png

2023-08-1118_36_53-Window.png.be52123b3ab4c6ef024c2e0f27154c6f.png

2023-08-1118_37_19-Window.thumb.png.fd3bdd1638f1abe70a2cea7a6b495516.png

I managed to disable all AdminStat calls and saved 2 seconds of loading on the affected pages, but I realize that the longest loading time is on the server side.

The only page where I managed to display the profiling is the fastest on the site, it is unfortunately not representative :(

I also tried disabling all languages but no change. 

• 1 month later...

Who initiate the calls to common/notifications is the getPush() function in ..../js/admin/notifications.js (on a 1.7.8.8)

In development I've commented the 

setTimeout(getPush, 120000);

line, not for performance, but because if I have "some" browser tabs opened in admin pages, debugging with symfony profiler become difficult, as it will be filled with the notifications requests.