Upgrading from 1.6.1.24 to most stable version

Hello Fellow Geeks, we have a bunch of PS stores (14) and 90% are running 1.6.1.24 (I know, they must upgraded sooner or later) yet they are performing well, besides the fact that we have been hacked a few times nothing serious but recently the server was upgraded and we cannot longer log into the BO, FO works fine which is odd.

Now, keep on mind we don't have access the BO, there they had a module that would do it on one click, so how can be done without access to BO?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

AJ

Thanks for replying @ComGrafPL although the main issue is that we cannot access the BO since the server did an upgrade and it loads the BO page, we get to enter the email and pwd yet it just refreshes the page and does nothing, the odd part is that customers can access to the FO. So yeah, BO is unreachable now.

8 minutes ago, tivicrdotcom said:

Thanks for replying @ComGrafPL although the main issue is that we cannot access the BO since the server did an upgrade and it loads the BO page, we get to enter the email and pwd yet it just refreshes the page and does nothing, the odd part is that customers can access to the FO. So yeah, BO is unreachable now.

Hard to tell. It would require more dig and try to solve it.

15 minutes ago, tivicrdotcom said:

Indeed @ComGrafPL, what about if through MySQL i do a back up of the bd, although images may be gone, install the latest one and try to upload the db.

1.6 tables in db are slightly different as it is on 1.7. You could try with clean 1.6.1.24 install and copy DB. Then when BO will work, try with 1-click upgrade. Either clean 1.7 and copy 1.6 db. Test both.

I could look into it, to check if i can manage to gain access to BO. Let me know on email / private.

BO is not working because the server upgraded the software so it loads the BO sing in page but it won't redirect, it just stays there and shows the same page but the log in boxes are gone, if I refresh, then they appear again and the loops continues. No error, nothing, it just won't re-direct. At server level we receive this message:

[Mon Jul 10 09:30:58.669595 2023] [access_compat:error] [pid 563650:tid 139849533052672] [remote 73.150.207.48:53254] AH01797: client denied by server configuration: /home/at4gprieu0fh/public_html/admin0777/ajax-tab.php, referer: https://www.tivicr.com/admin3777/index.php?controller=AdminLogin&token=f5fbc79d1b9593e54d7b0b762baf2d54&redirect=AdminDashboard

• 3 weeks later...