1-click upgrade does not allow to upgrade.

Hello!

I'm trying to update one Prestashop installation to the latest 1.6. Currently running 1.6.1.11, latest is 1.6.1.24.

1-Click upgrade module installed 26.06.2023 (version 4.14.2) and seems it is the latest module for the 1.6

When trying to process with the upgrade, I'm getting the error (not warning, red cross) "The 1-click upgrade module is up-to-date (your current version is v4.14.2)"

I found few discussion about this and seems that this bug was resolved in 4.15 but 4.15 does not supports 1.6.

Found also advice to place the latest number to the config.xml in the module folder, but this does not helps.

Any advice please?

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/28/2023 at 3:01 PM, ps8moduly.cz said:

Hi.

Please turn on debug mode and provide us with a screen in the event of an error. Please also write us the server parameters.

Hello!

sorry, I was out for a while, now I'm back and still did not upgraded the PS even to the latest 1.6 (

Debug did not shows any errors or warnings on the 1 click upgrade configuration page, the following lines are on login screen

Deprecated: Function mcrypt_decrypt() is deprecated in /var/www/clients/client1/web141/web/classes/Rijndael.php on line 68

Warning: Illegal string offset 'datakick' in /var/www/clients/client1/web141/web/classes/Hook.php on line 554

Notice: Array to string conversion in /var/www/clients/client1/web141/web/classes/Hook.php on line 554

Below are also screenshots of 1-click update and server paramaters screens.

On 6/28/2023 at 4:24 PM, Nickz said:

That makes me wonder:

What are you trying to accomplish? 

have you made backups for your data, files and database before doing the one click?

hdb1-1click.jpg.3b4fa04095dc54d8f94667e4c98a34c1.jpgHhdb1parameter.thumb.jpg.f311b6de7ec2cf1c3e96e198a37bcf6d.jpg

On 6/28/2023 at 4:24 PM, Nickz said:

That makes me wonder:

What are you trying to accomplish? 

have you made backups for your data, files and database before doing the one click?

I'm trying to update the shop to the latest 1.6 version and after that will try to move to 1.7. Of course I made a copy of a production site and trying to update this copy now.

47 minutes ago, Nickz said:

why not, do you care to explain?

Not sure about His country. By mainly Hosting providers limiting plans to PHP 8+ ( some have option to stay on old PHP with fees ). Same with payment / delivery integrations. Here in Poland, They're changing API system and updating integrations only for 1.7+ PS. Forcing to use new version in road to new PHP.

3 hours ago, ComGrafPL said:

Not sure about His country. By mainly Hosting providers limiting plans to PHP 8+ ( some have option to stay on old PHP with fees ). Same with payment / delivery integrations. Here in Poland, They're changing API system and updating integrations only for 1.7+ PS. Forcing to use new version in road to new PHP.

just use a VPS and control the server.

• 4 months later...

I'm currently working on an upgrade from 1.6.1.12 to 1.6.1.24, with the same issue with the module.

I'm a little bit disapointed by the module, but I'll try to disable this check, it's th'e game. Also, I'm more stupefied by the vacuity of some responses provided.

I see here some big poster responding by "How, strange, I'm wondering what you try to do" - let's say probably just upgrade a prestashop instance. Just a supposition, but we should investigate about this. Or better "Hummm, did you do a backup, dude ?".

Thanks guys, you made my evening 😅

So... In the version I'm currently using - the 4.14.2 - there are two files to modify in the module, to disable some checks and display the upgrade button:

- /modules/autoupgrade/classes/Twig/Block/UpgradeChecklist.php

- /modules/autoupgrade/classes/Twig/Block/UpgradeButtonBlock.php

In those files you'll need to update some boolean values, and disable a if condition in the UpgradeButtonBlock.php. After that, you'll be able to run the upgrade successfully...

Screenshot from 2023-12-08 21-11-32-2.png

Edited by Konfer (see edit history)

22 hours ago, Konfer said:

So... In the version I'm currently using - the 4.14.2 - there are two files to modify in the module, to disable some checks and display the upgrade button:

- /modules/autoupgrade/classes/Twig/Block/UpgradeChecklist.php

- /modules/autoupgrade/classes/Twig/Block/UpgradeButtonBlock.php

In those files you'll need to update some boolean values, and disable a if condition in the UpgradeButtonBlock.php. After that, you'll be able to run the upgrade successfully...

Screenshot from 2023-12-08 21-11-32-2.png

Looks like you are using PHP 7.2 or newer. 7.1 is the last version that supports Rijndael encryption.

On 12/9/2023 at 7:32 PM, musicmaster said:

Looks like you are using PHP 7.2 or newer. 7.1 is the last version that supports Rijndael encryption.

Indeed, the hosting doesn't allow PHP 7.1. So, I'll keep PHP 5.6 at this time and let die this 1.6.1.24 version before to rebuild it from scratch in a 8 version.

• 3 months later...