Internal server error after installing free module

WVW

Hi

I am running PS 1.7 and was busy installing free modules. After one of the modules completed installation the BO gave Error 500:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

I have done some reading about this error and the modules and found one link that said to uncomment 'php_intl.dll' in init.php file. This had made no difference. Another forum advised to clear the cache folder which also made no difference. I also read about manually removing the module folder and then remove the corresponding module's line from the PS DB but according the PS they advised against just deleting the module from the store.

I am not sure if there is a way to manually remove modules successfully? I would prefer not to reinstall PS and would like to know if there is something that can be done to remove the modules? The other problem is that I didn't keep track of the free modules that installed so I am not sure which free module caused this problem.

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks in advance

Hi.

In your case, I recommend the personal intervention of an experienced programmer. By doing it yourself, you can irreversibly damage Prestashop so much that it would have to be reinstalled. There is also a JOB section. You can have everything safely resolved in a few minutes or a few tens of minutes.

Thanks to everyone for all the replies.

@ComGrafPL I just want to clarify what you said. When you say rename the modules folder you mean the specific module that is causing the problem or the main modules folder?

For the clear cache in VAR before I posted my question here I read this https://classydevs.com/prestashop-1-7-clear-cache/ and followed the second section on deleting the folder. Although in my case I renamed the folder but no difference.

I don't remember the name of the module as I was installing a few modules and obviously not expecting this. One thing I have discovered between my first post and this reply is that the parameters.php file in app/config folder is missing. I have replaced it but still getting the same error so who knows what else went wrong.

With this in mind I decided it would be quicker and easier to just reinstall PS

As for the module - I installed it from within the PS BO by going to the modules section and in there found free modules which I thought might be helpful not knowing this specific module is going to create this problem.

Again thanks for all the replies and help!

• Like 1

Yes, a clean install will definitely be better. You already know that it is good to have a dev version of Prestashop and test new modules there. Indeed, many of them may be damaged or incompatible.

It is better to choose paid modules from verified developers. You can also ask here on the forum about the developer or the functionality of the module before you buy it.

By spending a few dollars, you can lose several years of work in an e-shop.

Do not try to modify anything yourself if you do not have good knowledge of Prestashop and programming languages. It's really better to hire a certified programmer if problems arise.

Edited by ps8moduly.cz (see edit history)

I am puzzled why no one recommends the obvious: When you get an "internal server error" you should enable debug mode. That will show you the error and if you look at the file path(s) that will tell you which module caused the problem. You can then delete it under the modules directory.

Edit /config/defines.inc.php and set _PS_MODE_DEV_ to true.

Edited by musicmaster (see edit history)

Because an inexperienced Prestashop user, when an error pops up at him, is afraid to do anything and will not change the file to FTP. The more experienced will do it, but will not give the entire error record, but only the header, or only part of it.

If the error is 500, the debug log may not be displayed at all.

And besides, no error may appear at all, where the name of the module will be written.

Edited by ps8moduly.cz (see edit history)