Cannot upgrade from 1.6.1.24 to 8.0

hi,

I have tried severl times to upgrade from 1.6.1.24 to 8.0 but failed due to server response time. when spoke to Hosting, they said there is no error on their end and advised me to contact the developer.

I am not expert in it and need help to get my shop upgraded. please can someone advise the easiest way to upgrade to the latest version of prestashop? i am just using a 3rd party module "Clean url" on my existing version. 

I am grateful for your time.

Kind regards

kids bunk bed

On 5/19/2023 at 7:04 AM, adamthomson123 said:

I have tried severl times to upgrade from 1.6.1.24 to 8.0 but failed due to server response time. when spoke to Hosting, they said there is no error on their end and advised me to contact the developer.

Those shops a rre like different systems. Update from 1.6.1 to 1.6.2 until you reach the desired version. Have back ups ready, files and database. Or drop me a line.

Edited by Nickz (see edit history)

On 5/19/2023 at 6:04 AM, adamthomson123 said:

hi,

I am not expert in it and need help to get my shop upgraded. please can someone advise the easiest way to upgrade to the latest version of prestashop? i am just using a 3rd party module "Clean url" on my existing version. 

I am grateful for your time.

Kind regards

kids bunk bed

You need to upgrade to 1.7 say 1.7.6 first then back that up and shoot for 8.0.4

I don't recommend going to 8.0.4 until ps has had time to fix early bugs, not everyone has updated their modules and themes to be compatible....best  to wait...

Edited by PrestaHeroes USA (see edit history)