[SOLVED] PrestaShop 1.6.1.24 slow when updating products

iwizard

Hi guys,

We have a shop based on PrestaShop 1.6.1.24, with just over 115,000 products listed. This is hosted on a dedicated super fast server:

AMD EPYC 7451 24-Core Processor
Sandisk Corp WD Black 2018/PC SN720 NVMe SSD
256GB RAM 2666 MT/s 

CentOS Linux 7.9
10.6.12-MariaDB - all tables are InnoDB.
FPM served by nginx/1.20.2 / php7

I've disabled most of the modules while testing, including Facebook Pixel, Google Analytics, MailChimp etc. Updated the menu module to a newer version, enabled all the performance settings and installed a Caching module which seems to work great. I've also disabled the Apache mod_security as well.

While I'm aware this is a deprecated / not supported version of PrestaShop and while we're building the next iteration of the website on more modern technology, I'm trying to fix some issues with the super-slow times while updating a product and sometimes an order. Currently it takes over 30-40s to update a simple product and about 10s to update an order, eg adding a tracking number.

Any other ideas on what can be done to make this faster?

Thanks!

Edited by iwizard (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Not sure this help, but we've noticed if we associate the product to HOME category only it takes 1 second to save the product, if we associate to a CATEGORY / SUBCATEGORY / SUBCATEGORY it takes 30s-40s.

Any ideas guys?

On 4/25/2023 at 9:08 AM, iwizard said:

AMD EPYC 7451 24-Core Processor
Sandisk Corp WD Black 2018/PC SN720 NVMe SSD
256GB RAM 2666 MT/s 

up that RAM to 2 GB better that is very little. Also a huge Database will slow down a shop.

il y a 13 minutes, iwizard a dit :

I get you're trying to sell your mod, not required, thanks. The clean up happens monthly. 

In view of the volume of data processed, it might be preferable to set a shorter deadline.

Of course, I want to sell my module, because it's great 😉

Joking aside, my comment wasn't about my module, but more about your practices.

You're encountering something that's complex to identify, due to the very fact that to do so, you have to dive into dozens of tests in every direction to try and identify the blocking point concerning your site, not the neighbor's, but yours.

So, I'm talking about one of the many elements to be analyzed and, above all, implemented on such a large volume of data: increasing server power is pointless if the problems are on elements that serve no purpose.

Then, for each slow element, you need to study all the modules attached to the HOOKS used by these update functions, and study each SQL query present to see if a Database Index might be missing or necessary.

• iwizard changed the title to [SOLVED] PrestaShop 1.6.1.24 slow when updating products