Problem with loading the home page of the e-shop

Peter.31

Hi,

I have a problem loading the home page of the e-shop. If I make any changes on the home page, e.g.: add or deactivate a product, change the price, banner, etc., the change will only take effect after the second loading of the page. No change will be reflected when the page is first loaded.
If I open the page via "private window", the change will be reflected immediately. There is probably a problem with cookies.

Has anyone encountered a similar problem? Thanks in advance for your help.

On 4/7/2023 at 11:30 AM, Peter.31 said:

What should I clear?

Hi @Peter.31,

Clear the cache from Perfromance page. (Ref below image)

image.thumb.png.0d9490e55c56d7d6c413fc5bb3eb429d.png

During development / for debugging, disable the cache and change Template Compilation value to `Force compilation` and Save it for an immediate effects on any changes. (NOTE: Don't forget to enable it again after the development work is done) (Ref below Image)

image.thumb.png.76063e0acdff33ab96e4026ee7569952.png

Let me know If this helps.

1 hour ago, AddWeb Solution said:

Hi @Peter.31,

Clear the cache from Perfromance page. (Ref below image)

image.thumb.png.0d9490e55c56d7d6c413fc5bb3eb429d.png

During development / for debugging, disable the cache and change Template Compilation value to `Force compilation` and Save it for an immediate effects on any changes. (NOTE: Don't forget to enable it again after the development work is done) (Ref below Image)

image.thumb.png.76063e0acdff33ab96e4026ee7569952.png

Let me know If this helps.

I've already tried that too. After clear the cache, the change takes effect immediately. But if I add a new product, it will be displayed again only after the second page load. There will probably be an error in the theme, or in the module that displays new products on the home page.

1 hour ago, Peter.31 said:

I've already tried that too. After clear the cache, the change takes effect immediately. But if I add a new product, it will be displayed again only after the second page load. There will probably be an error in the theme, or in the module that displays new products on the home page.

During development / for debugging, disable the cache and change Template Compilation value to `Force compilation` and Save it for an immediate effects on any changes. (NOTE: Don't forget to enable it again after the development work is done) (Ref below Image)

image.png.aba50970201feade31a4c97f6c3b99e8.png

@Peter.31 Have you tried this solution?

16 minutes ago, AddWeb Solution said:

During development / for debugging, disable the cache and change Template Compilation value to `Force compilation` and Save it for an immediate effects on any changes. (NOTE: Don't forget to enable it again after the development work is done) (Ref below Image)

image.png.aba50970201feade31a4c97f6c3b99e8.png

@Peter.31 Have you tried this solution?

Yes I tried that but it didn't help either.

1 hour ago, Peter.31 said:

Yes I tried that but it didn't help either.

Okay. Below could be some of the reasons for caching issues.

1. Browser Cache The simple solution to disable browser cache would be to use Incognito mode for testing purpose.
  2. Disable CCC (ref below imageimage.thumb.png.1d85e7794dc796a49df769bee5d2b477.png
  3. Disable Caching. available on botton of the performance page. (ref below image)

image.thumb.png.47bae4b2c19bd9c3946d341cbec6b1b6.png

Let me know If this resolves the issue

6 minutes ago, AddWeb Solution said:

Okay. Below could be some of the reasons for caching issues.

1. Browser Cache The simple solution to disable browser cache would be to use Incognito mode for testing purpose.
  2. Disable CCC (ref below imageimage.thumb.png.1d85e7794dc796a49df769bee5d2b477.png
  3. Disable Caching. available on botton of the performance page. (ref below image)

image.thumb.png.47bae4b2c19bd9c3946d341cbec6b1b6.png

Let me know If this resolves the issue

Unfortunately, that didn't help either. The product will be displayed again only after the second loading of the page.

6 minutes ago, AddWeb Solution said:

Oops.. Just for clarification, Have you saved each sections after disabling (CCC, Caching)

Yes, I saved everything. Module "Featured products" from PrestaShop, the change will be reflected immediately. The problem is only with modules that are part of the theme, such as: New products.

3 minutes ago, AddWeb Solution said:

Okay @Peter.31. Try the below steps and check If it works,

1. Goto /app/config and open parameters.php file.
  2. Change 'ps_cache_enable' value to false
  3. Goto /var/cache and delete prod folder.

Clear the cache again after doing all these steps and then try to create new product.

This value has already been changed to false.

your .css should have mod_expires, so if for example theme.css has mod_expires for 2 weeks, then theme.css will be cached in browser for that long

ctl+shift+r or incognito will fetch new my.css

there are no ps workarounds, outside of  ps you could:

update mod_expires for .css to low value in .htaccess, or remove entirely...make sure to change back to 2 weeks or whatever it was after

make sure you enable smarty cache and other configuration suggestions above to optimal settings.

11 hours ago, PrestaHeroes USA said:

your .css should have mod_expires, so if for example theme.css has mod_expires for 2 weeks, then theme.css will be cached in browser for that long

ctl+shift+r or incognito will fetch new my.css

there are no ps workarounds, outside of  ps you could:

update mod_expires for .css to low value in .htaccess, or remove entirely...make sure to change back to 2 weeks or whatever it was after

make sure you enable smarty cache and other configuration suggestions above to optimal settings.

Thanks for help. But that didn't help either. I also tested the site in incognito mode. But the response is still the same. The first time after loading, no change is reflected, the second time after loading the page, the change is already reflected.

17 hours ago, AddWeb Solution said:

Hi @Peter.31

As a final try, kindly enable the cache in performance page and set clear cache value to `Clear cache everytime something has been modified` as mentioned in below image. Check other values too from the below screenshot. Save  once you made the changes, Clear cache  and check.

image.thumb.png.b7e6572cbfc89253b3b17bc6562ba772.png

Unfortunately, that didn't help either. There will probably be an error in the module or in the theme.

4 hours ago, Peter.31 said:

For everyone who visits the website.

Ok what server do you have? VPS, Shared or dedicated?

RAM, HDD or SSD? Memory allocated to php? You find that in the respective php.ini file of your server.

• 2 weeks later...