Can't clone my PS 1.6 store on either localhost or web

BlizzardUK

This is incredibly frustrating. I want to clone a PS 1.6 store so I can bug fix, test new things out, etc, using both my Windows 10 PC with WAMP and a web hoster. Although I am a bit of a layman to all that I have actually done PS clones before on web hosting space (not WAMP) and never had a problem, even of this exact same PS site, normally it is incredibly simple. Only difference now is the PS site was moved a year ago to another hoster and they did all the moving, so I have no idea if they made any changes (other than the obvious database, URLs, etc) that makes it harder to clone now. I have followed multiple tutorials on YouTube just to see if I am doing anything wrong, but I have followed all the steps and no joy. 

I will show you both error messages I get, the one via a web hosting site where I tried to clone it (I am trying to clone it on a totally different hoster to where main live site is as it will take me over the file limit if I try to put it on the same package, so I got some cheap webspace with cPanel just to host a test site on).

Here is the error I get when trying to open the cloned site via the web (I know it says what the error places are but I still don't get what I have to do to rectify it)............

"Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'DbPDO' not found in /home/studiofi/retrolounge.co.uk/shop/classes/db/Db.php:235 Stack trace: #0 /home/studiofi/retrolounge.co.uk/shop/config/alias.php(66): DbCore::getInstance() #1 /home/studiofi/retrolounge.co.uk/shop/classes/shop/Shop.php(329): pSQL('www.retrolounge...') #2 /home/studiofi/retrolounge.co.uk/shop/config/config.inc.php(114): ShopCore::initialize() #3 /home/studiofi/retrolounge.co.uk/shop/index.php(27): require('/home/studiofi/...') #4 {main} thrown in /home/studiofi/retrolounge.co.uk/shop/classes/db/Db.php on line 235"

I have no idea what DbPDO is but I then decided to remove the DbPDO file and then the alias.php file and the db.php file and then the autoload.php file, etc, one step at a time. I also tried to edit out any mention of DbPDO in config files, literally clutching at straws here. All that happened each time was I would get yet another error message. Could it be that my test site hoster doesn't support whatever PDO is ? As the ONLY difference from me creating this new clone version to previous times of the same website is that the live site was moved to a new server by the hosting staff and so I have no idea what may have been changed as far as the bells and whistles go, etc. I can't put a clone of the site on the same webspace as it will take me over the file limit and I can't afford to increase the hosting package just for a test site, so I bought some cheap hosting package just for the test site, when this failed I thought I would try via WAMP on my home Windows 10 PC (64bit).

The error I get via localhost using WAMP is (it tries to load for 3 seconds then I get the below, if I leave the original htaccess file it just sends me to the live website which is pointless, if I edit the htaccess file with correct location or delete it I get the below).........

"localhost refused to connect"

The WAMP control panel loads fine at localhost.

Below is the settings.inc.php info for the WEB hosting version, this is different to the live site of course as the database is different, I have edited out the password (the directory is also /shop/ on my cloned hoster)..........

<?php
define('_DB_SERVER_', 'localhost');
define('_DB_NAME_', 'studiofi_le');
define('_DB_USER_', 'studiofi_le');
define('_DB_PASSWD_', 'EDITED');
define('_DB_PREFIX_', 'ps_');
define('_MYSQL_ENGINE_', 'InnoDB');
define('_PS_CACHING_SYSTEM_', 'CacheMemcache');
define('_PS_CACHE_ENABLED_', '0');
define('_COOKIE_KEY_', 'BXReHR7xDkrVWhKBYdDiBtoOHWVvrO1QqiqASi4ngGLCPP3Sj8uPqyTD');
define('_COOKIE_IV_', '70i62eFm');
define('_PS_CREATION_DATE_', '2018-05-16');
define('_PS_VERSION_', '1.6.1.18');
define('_PS_DIRECTORY_', '/shop/');
define('_RIJNDAEL_KEY_', 'wFyO5k4htZ5W-part edited out of forum post as I have no idea if private or not');
define('_RIJNDAEL_IV_', 'KZYZoN8j4-part edited out of forum post as I have no idea if private or not');

I have cleaned out the cache folders (at least the ones I know about, I am not a pro so may have missed some), and also tried it without the cache being cleaned. I have edited the shop URL in the SQL file. I have of course uploaded/imported the SQL file too. There does not appear to be a DB server address on my hosting package so I have kept it like the original live sites one where it was just localhost. Both hosting packages use cPanel.

The below is what I have used for the WAMP version of the settings file........

<?php
define('_DB_SERVER_', 'localhost');
define('_DB_NAME_', 'studiofi');
define('_DB_USER_', 'root');
define('_DB_PASSWD_', '');
define('_DB_PREFIX_', 'ps_');
define('_MYSQL_ENGINE_', 'InnoDB');
define('_PS_CACHING_SYSTEM_', 'CacheMemcache');
define('_PS_CACHE_ENABLED_', '0');
define('_COOKIE_KEY_', 'BXReHR7xDkrVWhKBYdDiBtoOHWVvrO1QqiqASi4ngGLCPP3Sj8uPqyTD');
define('_COOKIE_IV_', '70i62eFm');
define('_PS_CREATION_DATE_', '2018-05-16');
define('_PS_VERSION_', '1.6.1.18');
define('_RIJNDAEL_KEY_', 'wFyO5k4htZ5W-part edited out of forum post as I have no idea if private or not');
define('_RIJNDAEL_IV_', 'KZYZoN8j4-part edited out of forum post as I have no idea if private or not');

Things I have done/tried........

1. I have edited the htaccess to change URL and also tried without a htaccess file

2. I have made sure the PHP versions are the same, 7.1 in this instance

3.  I have tried with and without debug mode being on

4. I have tried with and without some of the cache folders having data in

5. I have edited the shop URL in MySQL

I have done a clone of the shop before so I just don't get this, literally the only thing different is it is the live version is now hosted with a different hoster to when I have previously cloned it. I have never done WAMP before though, only webhost to webhost clones.

Thanks for any help or advice.

Edited by BlizzardUK (see edit history)

1 hour ago, BlizzardUK said:

I went from a zipped cPanel backup from the live site, so all should be there, but I can check anyway.

your localhost has not most dependencies but your shared server does. You cannot import those dependencies. They need to be installed on the localhost.

Edited by Nickz (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Mediacom87 said:

Hi,

If you use cPanel, you may have an automatic script installation solution like Softaculous that can help you create a clone of your store very easily.

Hi, yes I do have that installed, but that creates a brand new store, how does that help me run a test of my existing PS 1.6 site with a paid for theme and lots of modules ?

Maybe easier option for you would be to have your store copy online, on the same server but on the subdomain like dev.yourstore.something

This way you run it in the same environment + you can ask your hosting provider to prepare such copy for you (for some additional price, I guess). You can then edit the files via FTP...

Otherwise, locally you'd have to take care of an accurate PHP version, etc. which is not an easy task for someone not experienced.

• Thanks 1

Il y a 6 heures, BlizzardUK a dit :

Hi, yes I do have that installed, but that creates a brand new store, how does that help me run a test of my existing PS 1.6 site with a paid for theme and lots of modules ?

If you have this solution, just click on a button to make a clone of your store in a subdomain or directory, so you will have a copy of your store to perform all your tests without risk and being able to delete this installation and start again as you want.

The problem is my webhoster has a 150,000 file limit, the PS store has 53,000 files, so if I duplicate it on the same server I would be over the file limit sadly, even though I am way within the disk space limit. I can't afford the large price difference to the next package up. So I bought some cheap webspace elsewhere just for the test site, that also uses cPanel, but it doesn't work via that either. So I am a bit stumped what to do.

il y a une heure, BlizzardUK a dit :

The problem is my webhoster has a 150,000 file limit, the PS store has 53,000 files, so if I duplicate it on the same server I would be over the file limit sadly, even though I am way within the disk space limit. I can't afford the large price difference to the next package up. So I bought some cheap webspace elsewhere just for the test site, that also uses cPanel, but it doesn't work via that either. So I am a bit stumped what to do.

I love this type of hosting.

Could you name it so we don't go there?

15 hours ago, BlizzardUK said:

If you can point the Domain to another folder you can copy your shopfolder into a new folder prep a database clone, use the the same user for the 2nd Database and after that you can point the domaib to the 2nd folder. Do it at night when no clients are in the shop.

On 12/31/2022 at 5:47 PM, musicmaster said:

I noticed that you nowhere mention the emptying of the cache.

You can do that by deleting the content of the directories 'cache/smarty/cache' and 'cache/smarty/compile'.

Hi musicmaster, long time no speak, you actually helped us with our site back in 2018 when we upgraded from 1.4 to 1.6. I have tried to delete the data from the cache folders, no good sadly on either WAMP or the cheap web hoster I got just for the test site.

I remember you saying you did a localhost of our site when you were testing things for us back in 2018, I tried the same via WAMP but it won't work for me, I just get the errors mentioned in this thread.

EDIT : Well I contacted my hoster 10 minutes ago asking if they could increase the file limit, and they did it instantly, free of charge, so it has been increased from 150,000 to 250,000 files now. Very nice of them, I never really expected them to do that for free. I will now try to clone on to our add-on domain via the same hoster, not sure if I will still get errors.

Edited by BlizzardUK (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
On 12/31/2022 at 10:38 AM, BlizzardUK said:

. So I am a bit stumped what to do.

try this: Shared server install Prestashop, delete the install and paste your clone, all what was in your root folder install, adjustments are still necesarry. Never tried it myself so report please ;)