PHP Fatal error on line 177

BeeJayF

Hello all,

I can't find a way to keep the following error from appearing in the server logs on practically all interactions with our shop:

[...] [fcgid:warn] [pid ...] [client xx.xx.xx.xx:xxx] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught  --> Smarty: 0():Missing '$template' parameter <-- , referer: https://*MYSHOP*.de/de/Bestellung
[...] [fcgid:warn] [pid ...] [client xx.xx.xx.xx:xxx] mod_fcgid: stderr:   thrown in /[...]/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php on line 177, referer: https://*MYSHOP*.de/de/Bestellung

The shop is running - all functions appear to work but the performance is not good - I assume because of this error. 

How can I track down to root cause - is it a module causing this or the core?

Thanks for your hints.

BJ

Edited by BeeJayF (see edit history)

On 9/17/2022 at 5:19 AM, BeeJayF said:

Since the shop still works I can't say when this started and what was done right before. 

In other words you do not monitor your shop? Don't have data on what people did? In your business?
Do you have at least a back up?

5 hours ago, Nickz said:

In other words you do not monitor your shop? Don't have data on what people did? In your business?
Do you have at least a back up?

Okay now we are arguing how often one has to check logs even if shop functionality is there. Thanks for the lecture. 

Any ideas on the original question how to track down the root cause of this error log? 

that's exactly my question - how can I get (you) more details. I tried increasing the log level and got the following entries around the original error:

[Sun Sep 18 20:29:24.338199 2022] [fcgid:warn] [pid 9913] [client some IP:port] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Warning:  Zend OPcache can't be temporary enabled (it may be only disabled till the end of request) in Unknown on line 0, referer: https://myshop.de/de/someproduct
[Sun Sep 18 20:29:24.338213 2022] [fcgid:warn] [pid 9913] [client some IP:port] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught  --> Smarty: 0():Missing '$template' parameter <-- , referer: https://myshop.de/de/someproduct
[Sun Sep 18 20:29:24.338216 2022] [fcgid:warn] [pid 9913] [client some IP:port] mod_fcgid: stderr:   thrown in /somefolder/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php on line 177, referer: https://myshop.de/de/someproduct
[Sun Sep 18 20:29:24.608608 2022] [fcgid:warn] [pid 9950] [client some other IP:port2] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Warning:  Zend OPcache can't be temporary enabled (it may be only disabled till the end of request) in Unknown on line 0
[Sun Sep 18 20:29:24.608624 2022] [fcgid:warn] [pid 9950] [client some other IP:port2] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Notice:  Trying to get property 'id' of non-object in /somefolder/modules/performancepro/src/domain/service/cache/HTTPCache.php on line 120

So I am investigating towards the module in the last line - but that might be just a coincidence / or caused by the same root cause. 

I am chasing straws right now.

3 hours ago, Nickz said:

theme. PS Version, PHP Version, all dependencies satisfied.
Recent updates those kind of details are needed.

Theme: default with Creative Elements modifications - I tried to disable Creative Elements first - no change

PS version: 1.7.8.7

PHP: 7.3.33

Required parameters: OK

Optional parameters: OK

I keep all modules updated but no recent additions or deeper changes were made (I know that's less than optimal - I started a journal for all modifications just now.) - according to the log the error started more than two PS updates before.

20 hours ago, BeeJayF said:

Theme: default with Creative Elements modifications - I tried to disable Creative Elements first - no change

PS version: 1.7.8.7

PHP: 7.3.33

Required parameters: OK

Optional parameters: OK

Sweet, all you modules work faultlessly under php7.3?

5 hours ago, Nickz said:

Sweet, all you modules work faultlessly under php7.3?

Well - no 😉

Didn't think PHP 7.4.x could be a solution - I have to pressure my provider to get things in order (managed server - currently the 7.4 comes without zip...) 

What are the chances that this IS the solution? Thx!

On 9/20/2022 at 7:33 PM, BeeJayF said:

Yes - but not the yesterday's additions - Thanks! Not the solution yet but things are unravelling still.

This is for old modules :) Thx !

On 9/20/2022 at 7:36 PM, BeeJayF said:

Well - no 😉

Didn't think PHP 7.4.x could be a solution - I have to pressure my provider to get things in order (managed server - currently the 7.4 comes without zip...) 

What are the chances that this IS the solution? Thx!

Pleas check compatibility: https://devdocs.prestashop-project.org/1.7/basics/installation/system-requirements/#php-compatibility-chart

1014875050_Zrzutekranu2022-09-23o10_29_24.png.2d6fbb82f802ecc1fd0c4bb20ebce48b.png

Your hosting provider PHP (v7.3) version isn't recommended with Prestashop (1.7.8 specific) and thus can be some issues (not like isn't working but there are bugs that's fixed in never version). 

Edited by Webo.Agency (see edit history)

3 hours ago, Webo.Agency said:

Your hosting provider PHP (v7.3) version isn't recommended with Prestashop (1.7.8 specific) and thus can be some issues (not like isn't working but there are bugs that's fixed in never version). 

that only works if his modules are up for php7.4

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

Hi

This is an analog problem

PHP Fatal error: Uncaught --> Smarty: 0():Missing '$template' parameter <-- thrown in /home/dataways/datawaysecurity.com/www/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php on line 177

How is correct a mistake?