Website really slow after upgrade to PS 1.7.8.7

misterpo

Hi,

We are facing really unpleasant performance issues affecting both back-end and front-end since we have upgraded PS from 1.7.8.4 to 1.7.8.7.

Performances are just random, sometimes good and sometimes really bad.

We are not using PS cache functionality but our ISP's LiteSpeed cache, which was working good until then.

Does anybody share the same (painfum) experience ?

Cheers.

We have random database/PDO errors.

Did something change regarding database connections management in the new 1.7.8.7 release ?

Uncaught PDOException: SQLSTATE[42000] [1203] User xxxx already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections in /home/yyyy/public_html/_ps17/vendor/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Driver/PDOConnection.php:27

50 minut temu, misterpo napisał:

We have random database/PDO errors.

Did something change regarding database connections management in the new 1.7.8.7 release ?

Uncaught PDOException: SQLSTATE[42000] [1203] User xxxx already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections in /home/yyyy/public_html/_ps17/vendor/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Driver/PDOConnection.php:27

Have you contacted your ISP, so they could check any PHP / server performance issues?

Hi,

Yes of course.

I can manage PHP settings but not MySQL settings.

Please not it was perfectly working before the upgrade.

A bit disturbing to have a new version supposed to fix an SQL injection issue that brings SQL problems...

Hi,

Regarding PS cache, on 1.6 versions CCC option compresses the full page, and when the page view source is checked, HTML, JS compressed code can be seen but this does not happen in version 1.7

When I do the page speed test on gtmetrix, I see compressed page gives good speed result than an uncompressed page.

I feel if a page on 1.7 is fully compressed using the CCC (Combine, Compress and Cache) option then speed will improve significantly

Below 2 URLs from 1.6 and  1.7 for reference.

Version 1.6

view-source:https://www.hrms-systems.com/presta-apps/en/women/tops/tshirts/faded-short-sleeves-tshirt.html

Version 1.7

view-source:https://www.hrms-systems.com/presta-addons/en/men/1-1-hummingbird-printed-t-shirt.html

Hello all,

Thanks for your feedbacks.

Smarty cache was set to use filesystem.

We have tried to host this website on a dedicated public cloud instance with MySQL max_connections setting set to 200.

No way, performances were awful.

We had to revert to PS 1.7.8.2 one week later...

Every PS upgrade is a real nightmare though problems might have been brought by a module and not by PS itself.