[Free script] Prestools - mass edit and other maintenance tools

7 hours ago, vipkoszulka said:

Hi, love the script, it saved me a lot of time. One question though, in the combination edit field, when I want to assign images to a combination they all show up as just empty fields, making it impossible to work with as I don't know which image is which. Is there any way around it? I can choose the images individually for each category where they do show up after choosing one, however that's a lot slower and the image names are all --unnamed image <number> which makes it a bit tedious.

2023-08-16 08_31_39-Window.png

2023-08-16 08_31_29-Window.png

Strange. I don't see empty fields anywhere. I only see the "unnamed image" variant. I wonder what could cause this. Spaces in the legend field?

Do you have a recent version? I can have a look for that if you want.

The recommendation is that you assign names (legends) to the images first. Then you won't see "unnamed image" entries. In theory I could make a graphic interface for this. But would be quite complicated to make and there are no plans at the moment.

16 hours ago, musicmaster said:

Strange. I don't see empty fields anywhere. I only see the "unnamed image" variant. I wonder what could cause this. Spaces in the legend field?

Do you have a recent version? I can have a look for that if you want.

The recommendation is that you assign names (legends) to the images first. Then you won't see "unnamed image" entries. In theory I could make a graphic interface for this. But would be quite complicated to make and there are no plans at the moment.

Ok yeah, that's my bad, I was a version behind. I get the unnamed images now.
Now I'm wondering what would be the best way to automate filling the image_lang table with image names, I have every image catalogued and named properly, wondering if there's a way for prestashop to fill in that file name into the legend field. That'd make my life a lot easier.

• Like 1

When you import an image its filename gets lost. So I don't think there is an easy solution there unless you do some creative programming that changes the way products are imported.

A possible option for Prestools would be to change its image_edit page so that you can link an image to a combination. But that has no priority and if you want that option within the next year you would need to make it a paid job.

I think the best solution for me right now is updating from 1.7 to 8.1, my main issue was super slow saving time and too many combinations per product so I guess just switching to the new product page and using a module to speed up the entire image to combination issue is a solid compromise. Thank you so much for the replies though.

• 1 month later...

I have another question, in combination edit the fields seem to be mixed up, default combination is under weight, and default combination has the amount available. I'm attaching a screenshot below.
Furthermore, I'm trying to refresh my default combinations, I need to do that after migrating to 8.1.1 for a certain functionality to work properly. Is there a way to mass touch all those fields? In ProdCombi the field default_on isn't editable - is that something that has to be purchased?

2023-09-22 14_15_56-Prestashop Combination Multiedit — Mozilla Firefox.png

6 hours ago, vipkoszulka said:

I have another question, in combination edit the fields seem to be mixed up, default combination is under weight, and default combination has the amount available. I'm attaching a screenshot below.
Furthermore, I'm trying to refresh my default combinations, I need to do that after migrating to 8.1.1 for a certain functionality to work properly. Is there a way to mass touch all those fields? In ProdCombi the field default_on isn't editable - is that something that has to be purchased?

2023-09-22 14_15_56-Prestashop Combination Multiedit — Mozilla Firefox.png

Default_on is not editable for a reason: If you make one combination the default some other that was default before must be have the default_on flag removed. So you have the default_on only editable on the pages where you have all combinations present. I don't know exactly what your problem is that you want to have fixed. But my guess would that purchasing a custom made script would be the best solution.

As for the missing field: obviously priceVAT is missing. But I have no idea why that happens with you. It is not normal behavior.

I am working at the moment on ProdCombi. So there will soon be an update. But I won't touch default_on or PriceVAT.

On 9/22/2023 at 9:23 PM, musicmaster said:

Default_on is not editable for a reason: If you make one combination the default some other that was default before must be have the default_on flag removed. So you have the default_on only editable on the pages where you have all combinations present. I don't know exactly what your problem is that you want to have fixed. But my guess would that purchasing a custom made script would be the best solution.

As for the missing field: obviously priceVAT is missing. But I have no idea why that happens with you. It is not normal behavior.

I am working at the moment on ProdCombi. So there will soon be an update. But I won't touch default_on or PriceVAT.

Yeah it's a weird migration related issue, I'll mess around with the database then. Thanks for the reply!

Not sure what's going on with the missing fields, I did a clean reinstall to the latest version and it's still out of order. Curious.

2023-09-25 09_32_33-Prestashop Combination Multiedit — Mozilla Firefox.png

1 hour ago, vipkoszulka said:

Yeah it's a weird migration related issue, I'll mess around with the database then. Thanks for the reply!

Not sure what's going on with the missing fields, I did a clean reinstall to the latest version and it's still out of order. Curious.

2023-09-25 09_32_33-Prestashop Combination Multiedit — Mozilla Firefox.png

You could check for javascript errors.

If you want I can have a look. Likely there are more people with this problem, so I would like to have it fixed. But for that I would need access.

3 hours ago, musicmaster said:

You could check for javascript errors.

If you want I can have a look. Likely there are more people with this problem, so I would like to have it fixed. But for that I would need access.

Sounds good, what's the best way for me to send you the info?
EDIT - also no errors in console except for a favicon 404

Edited by vipkoszulka (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello @musicmaster 

Im using your amazing prestools, but we have little issue searching products in html:

<section class="grizz-description-section"> <div class="desc-item desc-item-6">

but when we search it is changed to:

<section class=/"grizz-description-section/"> <div class=/"desc-item desc-item-6/">

I assume its some kind of security to prevent scripts, but can we somehow workaround it?

40 minutes ago, Diwad said:

Hello @musicmaster 

Im using your amazing prestools, but we have little issue searching products in html:

<section class="grizz-description-section"> <div class="desc-item desc-item-6">

but when we search it is changed to:

<section class=/"grizz-description-section/"> <div class=/"desc-item desc-item-6/">

I assume its some kind of security to prevent scripts, but can we somehow workaround it?

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean. Can you be more explicit?: tell every step you take and show screen dumps.

When we put this in the search field:

<section class="grizz-description-section"> <div class="desc-item desc-item-6"> and click "Search" after refresh it is <section class=/"grizz-description-section/"> <div class=/"desc-item desc-item-6/"> with added "/"

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Wim, hope you are well.

I am not sure if what I am asking is possible or wanted by anyone else BUT, something I would find quite handy is a duplicate the current field DOWN button.

So, on the attached image, we have some garden charms.

I would like it so that on the item i am editing, instead of choosing from the selection of 20 ish different themes, push another triangle or arrow that's pointed down and it will DUPLICATE the value of the current field down to the next record below.

Sometimes I have lists of charms and for maybe 5 in a row they will have the same theme.

or for me, it could be the fitting that would be the same for a few records down.

Anyway, just wondered.

Take care

Simon

image.thumb.png.a131ea8d0045db0ab813e8c279ca89ea.png 

21 hours ago, MJ_C said:

Hi Wim, hope you are well.

I am not sure if what I am asking is possible or wanted by anyone else BUT, something I would find quite handy is a duplicate the current field DOWN button.

So, on the attached image, we have some garden charms.

I would like it so that on the item i am editing, instead of choosing from the selection of 20 ish different themes, push another triangle or arrow that's pointed down and it will DUPLICATE the value of the current field down to the next record below.

Sometimes I have lists of charms and for maybe 5 in a row they will have the same theme.

or for me, it could be the fitting that would be the same for a few records down.

Anyway, just wondered.

Take care

Simon

Hi Simon,

I can see your point. But I don't see at the moment how I could integrate it in the already crowded page without increasing confusion. But maybe in the future I will see a way. Many concepts in Prestools were only implemented years after the first idea. Some ideas take time...

Regards,

M

• 4 weeks later...

Hello @musicmaster

My team love prestools, using it every day. Bought all the plugins.

What I’m wondering is that maybe you could implement AI generation for features? Like we want to set „color” feature or „cable length” which are included in the title. 

There is no single module that can help in features generation like that. Big catalogs like ours need massive amounts of time to keep it up to date.

How I see it is additional mass action when we have for example „color” feature listed. Action like „identify” that could scan titles with AI and set colors.

Edited by Diwad (see edit history)

3 hours ago, Diwad said:

What I’m wondering is that maybe you could implement AI generation for features? Like we want to set „color” feature or „cable length” which are included in the title. 

There is no single module that can help in features generation like that. Big catalogs like ours need massive amounts of time to keep it up to date.How I see it is additional mass action when we have for example „color” feature listed. Action like „identify” that could scan titles with AI and set colors.

Hi Diwad,

Interesting idea. But for a real implementation a lot of details will need to be filled in.

I will think about it. In the meantime, if you have concrete wishes I can make some custom application for you.

Hi @musicmaster

I've been using Prestashop since 2014, and I've only just found your suite of tools - they are awesome, and I can't believe I haven't found them before now. I used to do everything in PHPMyAdmin ... :(

Anyway, I've just installed the latest version of the suite, and I did a category update on a set of products, to add them to a new category I'd created, called Sale:

- Search for all products with a specific supplier name

- Click Edit button on the category column

- From Mass Update box, choose Category -> Add -> Sale

- Update and Submit

- As expected, all products had the new category ID added to their list of categories. All good and no visible errors!

However, what I didn't notice (until I was editing an affected product in the back office), was that for some of the amended products, the default category was no longer set. On others that were changed, the default category remained as it was previously.

I checked the affected products vs my DB backup, and prior to the above update, they did have a default category set, so I'm not sure what I've done wrong. Are you aware of anything that could reset the default category when doing an update like this?

Prestashop version: 1.7.7.8. Prestools version 1.32q. Release date: 13-nov-2023. PHP version 7.4.33 and MySQL version 10.6.16-MariaDB

Thankfully, using your tool I can go through quickly and set the default categories for the ones that need it.

2 hours ago, andyfick said:

Hi @musicmaster

I've been using Prestashop since 2014, and I've only just found your suite of tools - they are awesome, and I can't believe I haven't found them before now. I used to do everything in PHPMyAdmin ... :(

Anyway, I've just installed the latest version of the suite, and I did a category update on a set of products, to add them to a new category I'd created, called Sale:

- Search for all products with a specific supplier name

- Click Edit button on the category column

- From Mass Update box, choose Category -> Add -> Sale

- Update and Submit

- As expected, all products had the new category ID added to their list of categories. All good and no visible errors!

However, what I didn't notice (until I was editing an affected product in the back office), was that for some of the amended products, the default category was no longer set. On others that were changed, the default category remained as it was previously.

I checked the affected products vs my DB backup, and prior to the above update, they did have a default category set, so I'm not sure what I've done wrong. Are you aware of anything that could reset the default category when doing an update like this?

Prestashop version: 1.7.7.8. Prestools version 1.32q. Release date: 13-nov-2023. PHP version 7.4.33 and MySQL version 10.6.16-MariaDB

Thankfully, using your tool I can go through quickly and set the default categories for the ones that need it.

Hi Andy,

Good to hear that you like Prestools.

Thank you for reporting this bug. I had recently made an update that enabled the handling of products without category (normally impossible, but it happens after faulty data imports) and that involved changing some code regarding the default category. I assume something has gone wrong there. I still need to study what went wrong there but for the moment I have returned the old code so that things at least work again. Remember to press ctrl-F5 (on the pc) after an update to refresh your cache as otherwise it will keep using the old version of the javascript file.

I try to keep Prestools as bug free as possible. So bug reports are always welcome.

Hi, I have one more quick question - is there a way, and if not would it be possible to automate deleting old connections? It seems to be a notorious issue, and I couldn't find a good way to do it automatically. I tried writing my own script and setting up a cron job but I'm not a php guy in the slightest so it's not perfect. Plus, the cron module from Prestashop doesn't seem to work on 8.0+ versions, at least for us, so I have to set it up server-side.

My initial idea was to set up TRUNCTATE sql queries but we're on shared hosting right now and setting up events in phpmyadmin is blocked for some reason.

Edited by vipkoszulka (see edit history)

49 minutes ago, vipkoszulka said:

Hi, I have one more quick question - is there a way, and if not would it be possible to automate deleting old connections? It seems to be a notorious issue, and I couldn't find a good way to do it automatically. I tried writing my own script and setting up a cron job but I'm not a php guy in the slightest so it's not perfect. Plus, the cron module from Prestashop doesn't seem to work on 8.0+ versions, at least for us, so I have to set it up server-side.

My initial idea was to set up TRUNCTATE sql queries but we're on shared hosting right now and setting up events in phpmyadmin is blocked for some reason.

I don't see why you should care about the Prestashop version. Just write a script that logs into the database and truncates the table and link it to cron in Cpanel.

The cron module gave us several critical errors in the admin panel after upgrading to 8, although it could be a conflict with some other module, I didn't look too much into it.

I got it to work, and it was way less code than I thought. Guess it's time to actually learn PHP.

Anyways that's offtopic, thanks for the quick reply.

Hi musicmaster

Where can I see the last version of Prestools in your website ? or please, let me know if there is a way to know when an update is available.

Always I´m thankful for your scritp and I suggest to other users the super package, definitely a great value package (the best!)

Thanks

19 minutes ago, motonet said:

Hi musicmaster

Where can I see the last version of Prestools in your website ? or please, let me know if there is a way to know when an update is available.

Always I´m thankful for your scritp and I suggest to other users the super package, definitely a great value package (the best!)

Thanks

Hi,

Good to hear you like the software.

On average the software is updated every two weeks. Usually tiny improvements. You are advised to update twice a year.

When you have one or more of the paid plugins you should simultaneously download their latest version from your user account.

• 1 month later...

I've noticed that we need a bulk update for the description and tag copy fields in our system. Specifically, when we copy the tags into the description field, they should be concatenated with spaces between them.

For example, if we have the tags "555444" and "12222", when copied into the description field, they should appear like this: "555444 12222", with a space between them.

However, we've observed that currently, these tags are being copied without spaces between them.

Please consider this request and update our procedures accordingly or identify the most suitable solution to implement this behavior.

Thank you in advance for your attention to this request and for your efforts in implementing the necessary changes.

service-turbo12.jpg

23 hours ago, constantin980 said:

I've noticed that we need a bulk update for the description and tag copy fields in our system. Specifically, when we copy the tags into the description field, they should be concatenated with spaces between them.

For example, if we have the tags "555444" and "12222", when copied into the description field, they should appear like this: "555444 12222", with a space between them.

However, we've observed that currently, these tags are being copied without spaces between them.

Please consider this request and update our procedures accordingly or identify the most suitable solution to implement this behavior.

Thank you in advance for your attention to this request and for your efforts in implementing the necessary changes.

Hi Constantin,

Thanks for reporting the problem. I will fix. In the next release - that will appear in about a week it will be repaired.

Regards,

M

Hi @musicmaster,

I have a little problem. I have re-arranged about 7000 products. For most of them I have added a new category. For about a 1000 products I have also changed the main category to a different one and remove the old one. In the middle of the process I have noticed that every change I make takes longer and longer. But I have finished re-arranging. Since then I have noticed multiple problems. First, I was not able to add missing products to the search index after the change. I had timeouts. After timeout has passed not a single product were added to the search index which is weird because usually Presta adds about 300 products until timeout. Re-indexing using Prestools was working but it add about 10 products until timeout. I have decided to manually truncate the search tables in the database and re-built the etire index. That worked and now I am able to re-index search with a normal pace (about 300 products until timeout). But today I have also noticed another problem. Any change I make using Prestools takes a lot of time. Usually small changes was immediate. Now it takes about 4-5 minutes to make a small change, like re-arranging a category of 1 product. Here's an example where I removed one shop ID from 1 product. It took 4 minutes to remove shop ID from the product. More products, more time it needs to make the change (very often causing the timeout). I have no idea what happened and what to do in order to detect the problem and fix it. Making changes in the product in the back office are immediate. But I think that CSV import also slowed down. Can you help me with that?

11:55:39---

Go back to product-edit page
100 Records - of which 1 submitted.
***Adding Array ( ) Removing Array ( [2] => 3 ) *************************************************************************************************

Time=11:55:39 [starttime was 11:55:39]
3-1-1,TIMEOUT-1711277980==1711277739==6

TIME=11:59:40 [starttime was 11:55:39]

Finished successfully!

10 hours ago, banan_44 said:

Hi @musicmaster,

I have a little problem. I have re-arranged about 7000 products. For most of them I have added a new category. For about a 1000 products I have also changed the main category to a different one and remove the old one. In the middle of the process I have noticed that every change I make takes longer and longer. But I have finished re-arranging. Since then I have noticed multiple problems. First, I was not able to add missing products to the search index after the change. I had timeouts. After timeout has passed not a single product were added to the search index which is weird because usually Presta adds about 300 products until timeout. Re-indexing using Prestools was working but it add about 10 products until timeout. I have decided to manually truncate the search tables in the database and re-built the etire index. That worked and now I am able to re-index search with a normal pace (about 300 products until timeout). But today I have also noticed another problem. Any change I make using Prestools takes a lot of time. Usually small changes was immediate. Now it takes about 4-5 minutes to make a small change, like re-arranging a category of 1 product. Here's an example where I removed one shop ID from 1 product. It took 4 minutes to remove shop ID from the product. More products, more time it needs to make the change (very often causing the timeout). I have no idea what happened and what to do in order to detect the problem and fix it. Making changes in the product in the back office are immediate. But I think that CSV import also slowed down. Can you help me with that?

11:55:39---

100 Records - of which 1 submitted.
***Adding Array ( ) Removing Array ( [2] => 3 ) *************************************************************************************************

Time=11:55:39 [starttime was 11:55:39]
3-1-1,TIMEOUT-1711277980==1711277739==6

TIME=11:59:40 [starttime was 11:55:39]

Finished successfully!

Sorry, I don't have a solution for that. I have no idea why this database is becoming slow. If someone else has a solution it would be welcome.

Two suggestions:

- Make sure that the database doesn't get too big. So truncate ps_connections, ps_guest, etc

- Make sure that this database is the only database in your Mysql installation. The Mysql system tables are not indexed, so if you have more databases in one installation things can become slow quickly.

That's unfortunate. I will try to find someone who can look into it. The problem is only with the Prestools. Changes in the back office are still immediate. I have truncated ps_connections, ps_guest and other tables that store a lot of information which can be removed. I also do not have other databases in the mysql istallation.

BTW. Can you make a fix to the filter in the Prestools? I think filtering by shop ID does not work properly. I have a multishop with 4 shops. IDs: 1,2,3,10. I cannot filter products that appear in particular shop id. I tried to find all products assigned to shop id 10 and I do not have any results. I have tried "in", "=", ">=" and "<=" operators and it does not show me any products while I know that there are products assigned to that shop id.

image.png.fc5b9be25b0c9f8b2a719495d36a9264.pngimage.png.5c50ae1ff973e69e72c6191c51185ce4.png

14 minutes ago, banan_44 said:

That's unfortunate. I will try to find someone who can look into it. The problem is only with the Prestools. Changes in the back office are still immediate. I have truncated ps_connections, ps_guest and other tables that store a lot of information which can be removed. I also do not have other databases in the mysql istallation.

BTW. Can you make a fix to the filter in the Prestools? I think filtering by shop ID does not work properly. I have a multishop with 4 shops. IDs: 1,2,3,10. I cannot filter products that appear in particular shop id. I tried to find all products assigned to shop id 10 and I do not have any results. I have tried "in", "=", ">=" and "<=" operators and it does not show me any products while I know that there are products assigned to that shop id.

image.png.fc5b9be25b0c9f8b2a719495d36a9264.pngimage.png.5c50ae1ff973e69e72c6191c51185ce4.png

I will look at the shop search.

Just one other point about the speed. Many operations cause the need for re-indexation of products. That is dosed so that not too much is done at once. However, if you have big texts and many languages this operation could take too much time. You can try the option "skip indexation" in product-edit. The verbose option could be tried to see what queries are done.

16 hours ago, banan_44 said:

This option shouldn't have been there at all. There is a special drop down menu option for the shop. 

2 hours ago, musicmaster said:

This option shouldn't have been there at all. There is a special drop down menu option for the shop. 

I suspect that you mean a drop down menu "shop" next to the "language" dropdown menu. I am aware of that. Is there a way to search for products that are assigned to shop 2 and 10 but not assigned to shop 1 and 3 so I could re-arrange it? For example, I want to change assignment from shop 2 to shop 1. But in shop 2 I also have products that are assigned only to shop 2 only. When I change a shop in the drop down menu I am seeing products assigned to the shop 2 but I am not able to quickly filter the product to show me products assigned to a different shop as well. I want to chech the shopz column next to each product. Quite difficult if I want to make a bulk change.

On 23.03.2024 at 17:25, musicmaster said:

Hi Constantin,

Mulțumesc pentru raportarea problemei. voi repara. În următoarea ediție - care va apărea în aproximativ o săptămână, va fi reparat.

Salutari,

M

please keep in mind when copying these tags that they should not exceed 800 characters for the short description and 21844 characters for the long description, if they exceed these characters the products become unavailable

• 2 weeks later...

I'm reaching out to follow up on the recent tests conducted regarding the limitation of the "Description Short" field. Unfortunately, it seems that the issue persists, as instead of encountering a specific error message when the character limit is exceeded, users are only met with a generic error prompt.

The description_short field is too long. The length is 960. The maximum allowed length is 800 on line 1.

Upon reviewing the test results, it has become evident that a more informative error message would greatly enhance user experience. Specifically, when the character limit for the product ID is surpassed, it would be beneficial for users to receive a notification indicating that the character limit has been exceeded and that their input needs to be restricted accordingly.

To address this issue effectively, I would recommend implementing an error message that explicitly states when the character limit for the product ID has been reached, prompting users to adjust their input accordingly. Additionally, upon acceptance, users should be made aware that their input has been limited to adhere to the specified character count.

By incorporating these adjustments, we can ensure that users are provided with clear and actionable feedback, thus enhancing the usability of the system.

Please let me know if you require any further clarification or if there are any additional steps we need to take to resolve this matter.

Thank you for your attention to this issue.

ps: 

Also, I have identified another limitation in operation that requires attention. When setting the number of records to 100 or 200 for bulk editing, it is observed that only 199 products are edited, with one product consistently remaining unchanged.

Edited by constantin980
Add info (see edit history)

On 3/25/2024 at 4:45 PM, banan_44 said:

This should now work the way you want.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, constantin980 said:

I'm reaching out to follow up on the recent tests conducted regarding the limitation of the "Description Short" field. Unfortunately, it seems that the issue persists, as instead of encountering a specific error message when the character limit is exceeded, users are only met with a generic error prompt.

The description_short field is too long. The length is 960. The maximum allowed length is 800 on line 1.

Upon reviewing the test results, it has become evident that a more informative error message would greatly enhance user experience. Specifically, when the character limit for the product ID is surpassed, it would be beneficial for users to receive a notification indicating that the character limit has been exceeded and that their input needs to be restricted accordingly.

To address this issue effectively, I would recommend implementing an error message that explicitly states when the character limit for the product ID has been reached, prompting users to adjust their input accordingly. Additionally, upon acceptance, users should be made aware that their input has been limited to adhere to the specified character count.

By incorporating these adjustments, we can ensure that users are provided with clear and actionable feedback, thus enhancing the usability of the system.

Please let me know if you require any further clarification or if there are any additional steps we need to take to resolve this matter.

Thank you for your attention to this issue.

ps: 

Also, I have identified another limitation in operation that requires attention. When setting the number of records to 100 or 200 for bulk editing, it is observed that only 199 products are edited, with one product consistently remaining unchanged.

Thank you for the feedback.

- I can add the product id to the error message

- I can add a field size counter to the description_short field. However, there are two limitations: it won't work under TinyMce and it is not 100% accurate. Before submission the field is balanced - so that if you have an opening h1 or div tag without a closure that closing tag is added. That can increase the field size.

- I am puzzled by your ps that not all records are processed. I cannot reproduce that. Can you provide more details? Is it the first or the last? Does it happen always or sometimes? Does it happen with specific fields? Does it sometimes concern more than one?

2 hours ago, musicmaster said:

Thank you for the feedback.

- I can add the product id to the error message

- I can add a field size counter to the description_short field. However, there are two limitations: it won't work under TinyMce and it is not 100% accurate. Before submission the field is balanced - so that if you have an opening h1 or div tag without a closure that closing tag is added. That can increase the field size.

- I am puzzled by your ps that not all records are processed. I cannot reproduce that. Can you provide more details? Is it the first or the last? Does it happen always or sometimes? Does it happen with specific fields? Does it sometimes concern more than one?

Adding a counter for tags that do not contain <div> or <h1>, and implementing a counter to limit the data retrieval for the short description, sounds like a practical solution to enhance control and efficiency in data management.

For tags without <div> or <h1>, we can create a function to count them during the data retrieval process. This function will iterate through the tags and increment the counter for each tag that doesn't contain <div> or <h1>. This counter can then be displayed or used for further processing as needed.

Similarly, for limiting the data retrieval for the short description, we can incorporate a counter that tracks the number of characters retrieved. This counter can be set to a specific limit, and the data retrieval process can be programmed to stop once the limit is reached. This will prevent excessive data retrieval and ensure that the short description remains within the desired character limit.

By implementing these counters, we can introduce better control and optimization in data retrieval processes, leading to improved efficiency and performance.

It is advisable to remove characters from tags containing <div>, <h1>, <h2>, etc., to ensure data integrity and uniformity. This will allow us to focus only on the text content within these tags and avoid including HTML code or other formatting elements in our data.

By removing these characters, we will simplify the data processing process and ensure that the retrieved information is clean and relevant. This practice will improve the quality and consistency of our data and facilitate its use in various contexts and applications.

Regarding the addition of the product ID to the error message, that sounds like a beneficial enhancement. It would certainly provide users with clearer feedback when they encounter errors related to exceeding character limits.

Regarding the puzzling issue concerning the processing of records, I apologize for any confusion caused. Upon further investigation, it seems that the occurrence of records not being processed is an isolated incident. I haven't been able to reproduce it consistently, and it appears to happen sporadically. Unfortunately, I don't have specific details regarding whether it affects the first or last record, or if it's related to specific fields. I will keep monitoring the situation and provide more information if it recurs.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/10/2024 at 1:45 PM, constantin980 said:

Adding a counter for tags that do not contain <div> or <h1>, and implementing a counter to limit the data retrieval for the short description, sounds like a practical solution to enhance control and efficiency in data management.

For tags without <div> or <h1>, we can create a function to count them during the data retrieval process. This function will iterate through the tags and increment the counter for each tag that doesn't contain <div> or <h1>. This counter can then be displayed or used for further processing as needed.

Similarly, for limiting the data retrieval for the short description, we can incorporate a counter that tracks the number of characters retrieved. This counter can be set to a specific limit, and the data retrieval process can be programmed to stop once the limit is reached. This will prevent excessive data retrieval and ensure that the short description remains within the desired character limit.

By implementing these counters, we can introduce better control and optimization in data retrieval processes, leading to improved efficiency and performance.

It is advisable to remove characters from tags containing <div>, <h1>, <h2>, etc., to ensure data integrity and uniformity. This will allow us to focus only on the text content within these tags and avoid including HTML code or other formatting elements in our data.

By removing these characters, we will simplify the data processing process and ensure that the retrieved information is clean and relevant. This practice will improve the quality and consistency of our data and facilitate its use in various contexts and applications.

Regarding the addition of the product ID to the error message, that sounds like a beneficial enhancement. It would certainly provide users with clearer feedback when they encounter errors related to exceeding character limits.

Regarding the puzzling issue concerning the processing of records, I apologize for any confusion caused. Upon further investigation, it seems that the occurrence of records not being processed is an isolated incident. I haven't been able to reproduce it consistently, and it appears to happen sporadically. Unfortunately, I don't have specific details regarding whether it affects the first or last record, or if it's related to specific fields. I will keep monitoring the situation and provide more information if it recurs.

Matching the tags is done by the browser. So I have no control over it and different browsers may even produce slightly different results.

For the moment I have added a counter below the descriptions plus a red color when they are to big.

Don't forget to refresh the browser cache (ctrl-F5 on the pc) when installing the new version.