Jump to content

[Free script] Prestools - mass edit and other maintenance tools


Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, vipkoszulka said:

Hi, love the script, it saved me a lot of time. One question though, in the combination edit field, when I want to assign images to a combination they all show up as just empty fields, making it impossible to work with as I don't know which image is which. Is there any way around it? I can choose the images individually for each category where they do show up after choosing one, however that's a lot slower and the image names are all --unnamed image <number> which makes it a bit tedious.

2023-08-16 08_31_39-Window.png

2023-08-16 08_31_29-Window.png

Strange. I don't see empty fields anywhere. I only see the "unnamed image" variant. I wonder what could cause this. Spaces in the legend field?

Do you have a recent version? I can have a look for that if you want.

The recommendation is that you assign names (legends) to the images first. Then you won't see "unnamed image" entries. In theory I could make a graphic interface for this. But would be quite complicated to make and there are no plans at the moment.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, musicmaster said:

Strange. I don't see empty fields anywhere. I only see the "unnamed image" variant. I wonder what could cause this. Spaces in the legend field?

Do you have a recent version? I can have a look for that if you want.

The recommendation is that you assign names (legends) to the images first. Then you won't see "unnamed image" entries. In theory I could make a graphic interface for this. But would be quite complicated to make and there are no plans at the moment.

Ok yeah, that's my bad, I was a version behind. I get the unnamed images now.
Now I'm wondering what would be the best way to automate filling the image_lang table with image names, I have every image catalogued and named properly, wondering if there's a way for prestashop to fill in that file name into the legend field. That'd make my life a lot easier.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

When you import an image its filename gets lost. So I don't think there is an easy solution there unless you do some creative programming that changes the way products are imported.

A possible option for Prestools would be to change its image_edit page so that you can link an image to a combination. But that has no priority and if you want that option within the next year you would need to make it a paid job.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think the best solution for me right now is updating from 1.7 to 8.1, my main issue was super slow saving time and too many combinations per product so I guess just switching to the new product page and using a module to speed up the entire image to combination issue is a solid compromise. Thank you so much for the replies though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

I have another question, in combination edit the fields seem to be mixed up, default combination is under weight, and default combination has the amount available. I'm attaching a screenshot below.
Furthermore, I'm trying to refresh my default combinations, I need to do that after migrating to 8.1.1 for a certain functionality to work properly. Is there a way to mass touch all those fields? In ProdCombi the field default_on isn't editable - is that something that has to be purchased?

2023-09-22 14_15_56-Prestashop Combination Multiedit — Mozilla Firefox.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, vipkoszulka said:

I have another question, in combination edit the fields seem to be mixed up, default combination is under weight, and default combination has the amount available. I'm attaching a screenshot below.
Furthermore, I'm trying to refresh my default combinations, I need to do that after migrating to 8.1.1 for a certain functionality to work properly. Is there a way to mass touch all those fields? In ProdCombi the field default_on isn't editable - is that something that has to be purchased?

2023-09-22 14_15_56-Prestashop Combination Multiedit — Mozilla Firefox.png

Default_on is not editable for a reason: If you make one combination the default some other that was default before must be have the default_on flag removed. So you have the default_on only editable on the pages where you have all combinations present. I don't know exactly what your problem is that you want to have fixed. But my guess would that purchasing a custom made script would be the best solution.

As for the missing field: obviously priceVAT is missing. But I have no idea why that happens with you. It is not normal behavior.

I am working at the moment on ProdCombi. So there will soon be an update. But I won't touch default_on or PriceVAT.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/22/2023 at 9:23 PM, musicmaster said:

Default_on is not editable for a reason: If you make one combination the default some other that was default before must be have the default_on flag removed. So you have the default_on only editable on the pages where you have all combinations present. I don't know exactly what your problem is that you want to have fixed. But my guess would that purchasing a custom made script would be the best solution.

As for the missing field: obviously priceVAT is missing. But I have no idea why that happens with you. It is not normal behavior.

I am working at the moment on ProdCombi. So there will soon be an update. But I won't touch default_on or PriceVAT.

Yeah it's a weird migration related issue, I'll mess around with the database then. Thanks for the reply!

Not sure what's going on with the missing fields, I did a clean reinstall to the latest version and it's still out of order. Curious.

2023-09-25 09_32_33-Prestashop Combination Multiedit — Mozilla Firefox.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, vipkoszulka said:

Yeah it's a weird migration related issue, I'll mess around with the database then. Thanks for the reply!

Not sure what's going on with the missing fields, I did a clean reinstall to the latest version and it's still out of order. Curious.

2023-09-25 09_32_33-Prestashop Combination Multiedit — Mozilla Firefox.png

You could check for javascript errors.

If you want I can have a look. Likely there are more people with this problem, so I would like to have it fixed. But for that I would need access.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, musicmaster said:

You could check for javascript errors.

If you want I can have a look. Likely there are more people with this problem, so I would like to have it fixed. But for that I would need access.

Sounds good, what's the best way for me to send you the info?
EDIT - also no errors in console except for a favicon 404

Edited by vipkoszulka (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Hello @musicmaster 

Im using your amazing prestools, but we have little issue searching products in html:

<section class="grizz-description-section"> <div class="desc-item desc-item-6">

but when we search it is changed to:

<section class=/"grizz-description-section/"> <div class=/"desc-item desc-item-6/">

 

I assume its some kind of security to prevent scripts, but can we somehow workaround it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Diwad said:

Hello @musicmaster 

Im using your amazing prestools, but we have little issue searching products in html:

<section class="grizz-description-section"> <div class="desc-item desc-item-6">

but when we search it is changed to:

<section class=/"grizz-description-section/"> <div class=/"desc-item desc-item-6/">

 

I assume its some kind of security to prevent scripts, but can we somehow workaround it?

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean. Can you be more explicit?: tell every step you take and show screen dumps.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

When we put this in the search field:

<section class="grizz-description-section"> <div class="desc-item desc-item-6"> and click "Search" after refresh it is <section class=/"grizz-description-section/"> <div class=/"desc-item desc-item-6/"> with added "/"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Wim, hope you are well.

I am not sure if what I am asking is possible or wanted by anyone else BUT, something I would find quite handy is a duplicate the current field DOWN button.

So, on the attached image, we have some garden charms.

I would like it so that on the item i am editing, instead of choosing from the selection of 20 ish different themes, push another triangle or arrow that's pointed down and it will DUPLICATE the value of the current field down to the next record below.

Sometimes I have lists of charms and for maybe 5 in a row they will have the same theme.

or for me, it could be the fitting that would be the same for a few records down.

Anyway, just wondered.

Take care

Simon

 

image.thumb.png.a131ea8d0045db0ab813e8c279ca89ea.png 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, MJ_C said:

Hi Wim, hope you are well.

I am not sure if what I am asking is possible or wanted by anyone else BUT, something I would find quite handy is a duplicate the current field DOWN button.

So, on the attached image, we have some garden charms.

I would like it so that on the item i am editing, instead of choosing from the selection of 20 ish different themes, push another triangle or arrow that's pointed down and it will DUPLICATE the value of the current field down to the next record below.

Sometimes I have lists of charms and for maybe 5 in a row they will have the same theme.

or for me, it could be the fitting that would be the same for a few records down.

Anyway, just wondered.

Take care

Simon

Hi Simon,

I can see your point. But I don't see at the moment how I could integrate it in the already crowded page without increasing confusion. But maybe in the future I will see a way. Many concepts in Prestools were only implemented years after the first idea. Some ideas take time...

Regards,

M

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Hello @musicmaster

My team love prestools, using it every day. Bought all the plugins.

What I’m wondering is that maybe you could implement AI generation for features? Like we want to set „color” feature or „cable length” which are included in the title. 
 

There is no single module that can help in features generation like that. Big catalogs like ours need massive amounts of time to keep it up to date.

How I see it is additional mass action when we have for example „color” feature listed. Action like „identify” that could scan titles with AI and set colors.

Edited by Diwad (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Diwad said:

What I’m wondering is that maybe you could implement AI generation for features? Like we want to set „color” feature or „cable length” which are included in the title. 

There is no single module that can help in features generation like that. Big catalogs like ours need massive amounts of time to keep it up to date.How I see it is additional mass action when we have for example „color” feature listed. Action like „identify” that could scan titles with AI and set colors.

Hi Diwad,

Interesting idea. But for a real implementation a lot of details will need to be filled in.

I will think about it. In the meantime, if you have concrete wishes I can make some custom application for you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi @musicmaster

I've been using Prestashop since 2014, and I've only just found your suite of tools - they are awesome, and I can't believe I haven't found them before now. I used to do everything in PHPMyAdmin ... :(

Anyway, I've just installed the latest version of the suite, and I did a category update on a set of products, to add them to a new category I'd created, called Sale:

- Search for all products with a specific supplier name

- Click Edit button on the category column

- From Mass Update box, choose Category -> Add -> Sale

- Update and Submit

- As expected, all products had the new category ID added to their list of categories. All good and no visible errors!

However, what I didn't notice (until I was editing an affected product in the back office), was that for some of the amended products, the default category was no longer set. On others that were changed, the default category remained as it was previously.

I checked the affected products vs my DB backup, and prior to the above update, they did have a default category set, so I'm not sure what I've done wrong. Are you aware of anything that could reset the default category when doing an update like this?

Prestashop version: 1.7.7.8. Prestools version 1.32q. Release date: 13-nov-2023. PHP version 7.4.33 and MySQL version 10.6.16-MariaDB

Thankfully, using your tool I can go through quickly and set the default categories for the ones that need it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, andyfick said:

Hi @musicmaster

I've been using Prestashop since 2014, and I've only just found your suite of tools - they are awesome, and I can't believe I haven't found them before now. I used to do everything in PHPMyAdmin ... :(

Anyway, I've just installed the latest version of the suite, and I did a category update on a set of products, to add them to a new category I'd created, called Sale:

- Search for all products with a specific supplier name

- Click Edit button on the category column

- From Mass Update box, choose Category -> Add -> Sale

- Update and Submit

- As expected, all products had the new category ID added to their list of categories. All good and no visible errors!

However, what I didn't notice (until I was editing an affected product in the back office), was that for some of the amended products, the default category was no longer set. On others that were changed, the default category remained as it was previously.

I checked the affected products vs my DB backup, and prior to the above update, they did have a default category set, so I'm not sure what I've done wrong. Are you aware of anything that could reset the default category when doing an update like this?

Prestashop version: 1.7.7.8. Prestools version 1.32q. Release date: 13-nov-2023. PHP version 7.4.33 and MySQL version 10.6.16-MariaDB

Thankfully, using your tool I can go through quickly and set the default categories for the ones that need it.

Hi Andy,

Good to hear that you like Prestools.

Thank you for reporting this bug. I had recently made an update that enabled the handling of products without category (normally impossible, but it happens after faulty data imports) and that involved changing some code regarding the default category. I assume something has gone wrong there. I still need to study what went wrong there but for the moment I have returned the old code so that things at least work again. Remember to press ctrl-F5 (on the pc) after an update to refresh your cache as otherwise it will keep using the old version of the javascript file.

I try to keep Prestools as bug free as possible. So bug reports are always welcome.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi, I have one more quick question - is there a way, and if not would it be possible to automate deleting old connections? It seems to be a notorious issue, and I couldn't find a good way to do it automatically. I tried writing my own script and setting up a cron job but I'm not a php guy in the slightest so it's not perfect. Plus, the cron module from Prestashop doesn't seem to work on 8.0+ versions, at least for us, so I have to set it up server-side.

My initial idea was to set up TRUNCTATE sql queries but we're on shared hosting right now and setting up events in phpmyadmin is blocked for some reason.

Edited by vipkoszulka (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, vipkoszulka said:

Hi, I have one more quick question - is there a way, and if not would it be possible to automate deleting old connections? It seems to be a notorious issue, and I couldn't find a good way to do it automatically. I tried writing my own script and setting up a cron job but I'm not a php guy in the slightest so it's not perfect. Plus, the cron module from Prestashop doesn't seem to work on 8.0+ versions, at least for us, so I have to set it up server-side.

My initial idea was to set up TRUNCTATE sql queries but we're on shared hosting right now and setting up events in phpmyadmin is blocked for some reason.

I don't see why you should care about the Prestashop version. Just write a script that logs into the database and truncates the table and link it to cron in Cpanel.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The cron module gave us several critical errors in the admin panel after upgrading to 8, although it could be a conflict with some other module, I didn't look too much into it.

I got it to work, and it was way less code than I thought. Guess it's time to actually learn PHP.

Anyways that's offtopic, thanks for the quick reply.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi musicmaster

Where can I see the last version of Prestools in your website ? or please, let me know if there is a way to know when an update is available.

Always I´m thankful for your scritp and I suggest to other users the super package, definitely a great value package (the best!)

Thanks

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, motonet said:

Hi musicmaster

Where can I see the last version of Prestools in your website ? or please, let me know if there is a way to know when an update is available.

Always I´m thankful for your scritp and I suggest to other users the super package, definitely a great value package (the best!)

Thanks

 

Hi,

Good to hear you like the software.

On average the software is updated every two weeks. Usually tiny improvements. You are advised to update twice a year.

When you have one or more of the paid plugins you should simultaneously download their latest version from your user account.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...