[Free script] Prestools - mass edit and other maintenance tools

musicmaster

Prestools is a suite of user-friendly and .powerful tools to mass edit your products, orders and categories. It is a kind of Swiss Army knife that runs outside your backoffice. You can download it here and find a manual here.

Prestools was started in 2012 by putting together a small selection of tools for Prestashop. It has since grown steadily to become a comprehensive set of tools for maintaining Prestashop and Thirty Bees. It is one of the most popular downloads on the Prestashop forum.

The main parts are:

product-edit: great options for mass editing more than 50 product fields. Add categories, change prices, update descriptions - for hundreds of products at once. 

product csv: a flexible tool to generate csv files.

product-sort: an easy way to sort products inside a category. From position 500 to 1 in a blink. With the visual sort option you can see immediately how things will look.

prodcombi: edit and oversee properties of combinations of a number of products at once.

order-edit: adding and deleting products and changing prices without problems.

order-search: make a selection on carrier, payment type, status, etc. or just search. With csv export option.

category-edit: useful for editing metadata and descriptions for SEO

combi-edit: assign pictures to your combinations quickly

combi-copy and combi-delete: copy, modify and delete attribute combinations using one product as a template

attribute-list and feature-list: see how many products use each feature and attribute and get a product list.

regenerate images for selections of products

cleanup images: save on disk space by cleaning up images of deleted products

shop rescue: turn off overrides and non-Prestashop modules when due to some bug you can no longer login in the backoffce.

override-list and module-list: get lists of modules and of overrides and the modules might own them.

eu-tax: get a quick overview how much you sold in each of the EU countries and how much VAT you withheld in the process

integrity checks:  find and fix database and file corruption.

Installation: Unzip the downloaded file and copy the resulting files to a subdirectory below your admin directory (do not install as a PS module!).You can access the program in the browser like "www.myshop.com/myadmin/mydir/login1.php". You will be welcomed by a login screen: the default username is "[email protected]" and the default password is "opensecret". Please adapt your security settings in the "settings1.php" file. There is a mini-module included for integration into the backoffice.

There is a demo-installation available. Username and password are the default. Below you find a view of the product-edit page where the description field has been made editable:

Prestools is compatible with Prestashop 1.5, 1.6 and 1.7 and Thirty Bees.

There are a few parts in product-edit that you need to buy at the Prestools website. However, over 95% of the script is free.

Among the files you will find a file prestoolssuite-module.zip. You can install this file as a module. It adds a link to your Prestools installation in the Catalog menu of the backoffice.

If you find a problem, please update Prestools to its latest version before you report it here. When reporting, please mention your Thirty Bees version.

Follow the installation instructions! This is not a module!

download_prestools.png.163b2ac04de6123acc33b19bb9ce64bd.png    download_prestools_manual.png.0a7043fc4e71b4eedc3ef5c52ef157d3.png    instruction_video.png.b519370eef38f898b11a6dd2b36f8ada.png

Edited by musicmaster (see edit history)
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4

Great tool. I was using the free version for some time, and last week I bought the paid version for the "Features" edit ability.

Thanks for this nice and so useful tool, and I hope this new thread dont get deleted cause the previous had tons of info that now got lost..

44 minutes ago, orotoi said:

Hi @musicmaster

Is it possible on the Mass Update (on product or combination edits) where you SET a value to a field to use variables?

eg.. Mass Update a reference field by using product_id as a variable [ something like %id% ]

You can do something like that with the "replace from field" option in the mass update menu.

1 hour ago, musicmaster said:

You can do something like that with the "replace from field" option in the mass update menu.

Not useful for the case I need..

I want to give on the product combinations the following Reference pattern:

[CAT_ID]-[Product_ID]-[xxx]  

[xxx] is a number that i can give with "Insert After", but the first two var's... I dunno..

--

Also, is it possible to export to csv a given List as it appears on Product Combis (on Product Edit we can). At the moment I just select all rows and copy/paste them on spreadsheet..

Edited by orotoi (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Musicmaster,

I find the massive regeneration of friendly url of products and categories very useful, but I would like to know if, in some way, it is possible to regenerate product url and category url separately (not both together).

I would also like to know if you plan to insert a function for the massive regeneration of image legends.

Prestool is magnificent: thank you a thousand times.

Hello.

On 6/30/2022 at 5:08 PM, SandroR1 said:

Hello Musicmaster,

I find the massive regeneration of friendly url of products and categories very useful, but I would like to know if, in some way, it is possible to regenerate product url and category url separately (not both together).

I would also like to know if you plan to insert a function for the massive regeneration of image legends.

Prestool is magnificent: thank you a thousand times.

Hello.

Can you check the new version? The legends are under image_regenerate.

4 hours ago, musicmaster said:

Can you check the new version? The legends are under image_regenerate.

Hi Musicmaster,

I have done several tests and everything works PERFECTLY.

I think that, in case of massive changes to the name of the products, it is very useful to regenerate the image legends and the friendly urls.

I thank you once again for your kindness and for this indispensable tool.

Thank you.

Have a nice evening.

--

Sandro

• 2 months later...

HI @musicmaster :)

In prestashop, it is possible to set the type of redirection for the product and to select, for example, the category to which the product will be redirected after deactivation. Can I edit this by Prestools?

• 1 month later...
On 10/10/2022 at 5:19 PM, kerami82 said:

HI @musicmaster :)

In prestashop, it is possible to set the type of redirection for the product and to select, for example, the category to which the product will be redirected after deactivation. Can I edit this by Prestools?

Sorry for the late reaction. No they are at the moment not supported.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello
I update the core version to the latest, and i see everywhere that i use demos instead of the bought modules.
I revert to my old version, and everything is ok again.
And yes, i copied all feature php files in to the main folder of the module.

Must i buy the add on again when using the latest module version?

thanks for this great module and service so far.
Still very happy besides this thing :)

I don't know what you did but the mechanism for the plugins didn't change. So somehow you must have deleted the TE_* files.

Of course it wouldn't hurt to download the latest version of the plugins. But that isn't the source of your problem.

I have the full package of plugins, but it gives now this message:

In Prestools Free the image field is in demo mode and your changes cannot be saved. For full functionality buy Prestools Professional or the specific plugin at www.Prestools.com.

Is that this file who is in de root folder. te_plugin_images.php

thanks

On 1/16/2023 at 6:01 PM, musicmaster said:

Only when you are running under Windows. Linux is case sensitive.

Changed to capital and it works again, thanks/

Question.

I want to remove multiple images from stock who is 0 and disabled.

I can remove the images 1 by 1 by clicking them individualy first and run, so they will be deleted.

I miss the function to select them all in 1 one and delete all images in 1 click.

Is that possible that you can make this query in the tool?

See image.

Thanks for all great effort so far, i use it for many years already.

Schermafbeelding 2023-01-20 162753.png

On 1/20/2023 at 4:33 PM, Queenfan.nl said:

Changed to capital and it works again, thanks/

Question.

I want to remove multiple images from stock who is 0 and disabled.

I can remove the images 1 by 1 by clicking them individualy first and run, so they will be deleted.

I miss the function to select them all in 1 one and delete all images in 1 click.

Is that possible that you can make this query in the tool?

See image.

Thanks for all great effort so far, i use it for many years already.

Schermafbeelding 2023-01-20 162753.png

Hi Queenfan,

I added an option "remove" to the image mass edit. Can you check it out?

Unfortunately, it doesn't do the job, see screen.

When selecting remove and click the Submit all button. nothing happen.

The page return to this blanco standard settings and i must insert the parameters again.

Schermafbeelding 2023-01-23 144907.png

2 hours ago, Queenfan.nl said:

Unfortunately, it doesn't do the job, see screen.

When selecting remove and click the Submit all button. nothing happen.

The page return to this blanco standard settings and i must insert the parameters again.

Schermafbeelding 2023-01-23 144907.png

You didn't press ctrl-F5 to refresh the javascript. So you are still looking at the effect of the old version's javascript from the cache.

Edited by musicmaster (see edit history)

18 hours ago, musicmaster said:

You didn't press ctrl-F5 to refresh the javascript. So you are still looking at the effect of the old version's javascript from the cache.

That doesn't make the difference, after refresh or anything else the images are still there.

Also in the database and the backoffice.