[Free script] Prestools - mass edit and other maintenance tools

Prestools is a suite of user-friendly and .powerful tools to mass edit your products, orders and categories. It is a kind of Swiss Army knife that runs outside your backoffice. You can download it here and find a manual here.

Prestools was started in 2012 by putting together a small selection of tools for Prestashop. It has since grown steadily to become a comprehensive set of tools for maintaining Prestashop and Thirty Bees. It is one of the most popular downloads on the Prestashop forum.

The main parts are:

product-edit: great options for mass editing more than 50 product fields. Add categories, change prices, update descriptions - for hundreds of products at once. 

product csv: a flexible tool to generate csv files.

product-sort: an easy way to sort products inside a category. From position 500 to 1 in a blink. With the visual sort option you can see immediately how things will look.

prodcombi: edit and oversee properties of combinations of a number of products at once.

order-edit: adding and deleting products and changing prices without problems.

order-search: make a selection on carrier, payment type, status, etc. or just search. With csv export option.

category-edit: useful for editing metadata and descriptions for SEO

combi-edit: assign pictures to your combinations quickly

combi-copy and combi-delete: copy, modify and delete attribute combinations using one product as a template

attribute-list and feature-list: see how many products use each feature and attribute and get a product list.

regenerate images for selections of products

cleanup images: save on disk space by cleaning up images of deleted products

shop rescue: turn off overrides and non-Prestashop modules when due to some bug you can no longer login in the backoffce.

override-list and module-list: get lists of modules and of overrides and the modules might own them.

eu-tax: get a quick overview how much you sold in each of the EU countries and how much VAT you withheld in the process

integrity checks:  find and fix database and file corruption.

Installation: Unzip the downloaded file and copy the resulting files to a subdirectory below your admin directory (do not install as a PS module!).You can access the program in the browser like "www.myshop.com/myadmin/mydir/login1.php". You will be welcomed by a login screen: the default username is "[email protected]" and the default password is "opensecret". Please adapt your security settings in the "settings1.php" file. There is a mini-module included for integration into the backoffice.

There is a demo-installation available. Username and password are the default. Below you find a view of the product-edit page where the description field has been made editable:

Prestools is compatible with Prestashop 1.5, 1.6, 1.7 and 8 and Thirty Bees.

There are a few parts in product-edit that you need to buy at the Prestools website. However, over 95% of the script is free.

Among the files you will find a file prestoolssuite-module.zip. You can install this file as a module. It adds a link to your Prestools installation in the Catalog menu of the backoffice.

If you find a problem, please update Prestools to its latest version before you report it here. When reporting, please mention your Thirty Bees version.

Follow the installation instructions! This is not a module!

download_prestools.png.163b2ac04de6123acc33b19bb9ce64bd.png    download_prestools_manual.png.0a7043fc4e71b4eedc3ef5c52ef157d3.png    instruction_video.png.b519370eef38f898b11a6dd2b36f8ada.png

Edited by musicmaster (see edit history)
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 5

Great tool. I was using the free version for some time, and last week I bought the paid version for the "Features" edit ability.

Thanks for this nice and so useful tool, and I hope this new thread dont get deleted cause the previous had tons of info that now got lost..

44 minutes ago, orotoi said:

Hi @musicmaster

Is it possible on the Mass Update (on product or combination edits) where you SET a value to a field to use variables?

eg.. Mass Update a reference field by using product_id as a variable [ something like %id% ]

You can do something like that with the "replace from field" option in the mass update menu.

1 hour ago, musicmaster said:

You can do something like that with the "replace from field" option in the mass update menu.

Not useful for the case I need..

I want to give on the product combinations the following Reference pattern:

[CAT_ID]-[Product_ID]-[xxx]  

[xxx] is a number that i can give with "Insert After", but the first two var's... I dunno..

--

Also, is it possible to export to csv a given List as it appears on Product Combis (on Product Edit we can). At the moment I just select all rows and copy/paste them on spreadsheet..

Edited by orotoi (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Musicmaster,

I find the massive regeneration of friendly url of products and categories very useful, but I would like to know if, in some way, it is possible to regenerate product url and category url separately (not both together).

I would also like to know if you plan to insert a function for the massive regeneration of image legends.

Prestool is magnificent: thank you a thousand times.

Hello.

On 6/30/2022 at 5:08 PM, SandroR1 said:

Hello Musicmaster,

I find the massive regeneration of friendly url of products and categories very useful, but I would like to know if, in some way, it is possible to regenerate product url and category url separately (not both together).

I would also like to know if you plan to insert a function for the massive regeneration of image legends.

Prestool is magnificent: thank you a thousand times.

Hello.

Can you check the new version? The legends are under image_regenerate.

4 hours ago, musicmaster said:

Can you check the new version? The legends are under image_regenerate.

Hi Musicmaster,

I have done several tests and everything works PERFECTLY.

I think that, in case of massive changes to the name of the products, it is very useful to regenerate the image legends and the friendly urls.

I thank you once again for your kindness and for this indispensable tool.

Thank you.

Have a nice evening.

--

Sandro

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/10/2022 at 5:19 PM, kerami82 said:

HI @musicmaster :)

In prestashop, it is possible to set the type of redirection for the product and to select, for example, the category to which the product will be redirected after deactivation. Can I edit this by Prestools?

Sorry for the late reaction. No they are at the moment not supported.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello
I update the core version to the latest, and i see everywhere that i use demos instead of the bought modules.
I revert to my old version, and everything is ok again.
And yes, i copied all feature php files in to the main folder of the module.

Must i buy the add on again when using the latest module version?

thanks for this great module and service so far.
Still very happy besides this thing :)

I have the full package of plugins, but it gives now this message:

In Prestools Free the image field is in demo mode and your changes cannot be saved. For full functionality buy Prestools Professional or the specific plugin at www.Prestools.com.

Is that this file who is in de root folder. te_plugin_images.php

thanks

On 1/16/2023 at 6:01 PM, musicmaster said:

Only when you are running under Windows. Linux is case sensitive.

Changed to capital and it works again, thanks/

Question.

I want to remove multiple images from stock who is 0 and disabled.

I can remove the images 1 by 1 by clicking them individualy first and run, so they will be deleted.

I miss the function to select them all in 1 one and delete all images in 1 click.

Is that possible that you can make this query in the tool?

See image.

Thanks for all great effort so far, i use it for many years already.

Schermafbeelding 2023-01-20 162753.png

On 1/20/2023 at 4:33 PM, Queenfan.nl said:

Changed to capital and it works again, thanks/

Question.

I want to remove multiple images from stock who is 0 and disabled.

I can remove the images 1 by 1 by clicking them individualy first and run, so they will be deleted.

I miss the function to select them all in 1 one and delete all images in 1 click.

Is that possible that you can make this query in the tool?

See image.

Thanks for all great effort so far, i use it for many years already.

Schermafbeelding 2023-01-20 162753.png

Hi Queenfan,

I added an option "remove" to the image mass edit. Can you check it out?

2 hours ago, Queenfan.nl said:

Unfortunately, it doesn't do the job, see screen.

When selecting remove and click the Submit all button. nothing happen.

The page return to this blanco standard settings and i must insert the parameters again.

Schermafbeelding 2023-01-23 144907.png

You didn't press ctrl-F5 to refresh the javascript. So you are still looking at the effect of the old version's javascript from the cache.

18 hours ago, musicmaster said:

You didn't press ctrl-F5 to refresh the javascript. So you are still looking at the effect of the old version's javascript from the cache.

That doesn't make the difference, after refresh or anything else the images are still there.

Also in the database and the backoffice.

14 hours ago, pietaszeq said:

Hi, is there any chance to have prestatools version compatible with Presta 8.0?

You can run the latest versions of Prestools with PS 8.0. The PS changes have been mainly in the software (new Symfony version, etc) and not in the database where Prestools looks.

As far as I can see there are no major changes that need adaptations in Prestools. As always: report problems when you find them. I will be happy to fix them.

2 hours ago, pietaszeq said:

Hi, I'm facing some issues. after copying all the files to a directory and trying to load a product-edit page, I'm getting this error: Error loading 1.5/1.6 config file!

do you know what is wrong?

Hi, I see that my fix for working with Prestashop 8 gives some problems. I have uploaded a fix. Can you test it?

Hello, how can I use the the function "Repair ps_currency_lang"?

I updated ps. to version 1.7.8.8 from 1.7.4.4. I saw your prestools function that can repair ps_currency_lang issues, but it doesen't works. When I hover over it with my mouse it turns orange and when I click on it nothing happens. @musicmaster Can you help me?

Edited by Mihai00700 (see edit history)

30 minutes ago, Mihai00700 said:

Hello, how can I use the the function "Repair ps_currency_lang"?

I updated ps. to version 1.7.8.8 from 1.7.4.4. I saw your prestools function that can repair ps_currency_lang issues, but it doesen't works. When I hover over it with my mouse it turns orange and when I click on it nothing happens. @musicmaster Can you help me?

Clicking this should open a new window where some functions are executed. It may be that some anti-spam function in your browser stops the opening of that new window.

11 hours ago, musicmaster said:

I have uploaded a fix. Can you test it.

Note that reference test both the product reference and the supplier reference,

Good morning Musicmaster!

it's perfect, everything works wonderfully!

Thank you very much!

I would like to report a small bug that I had detected some time ago: when 3 filters are applied, the export to csv file does not consider the third filter.

I will never thank you enough for this wonderful tool.

Thank you again.

Have a good day.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi @musicmaster, thank you for this great piece of work. I have a little problem. Here are my specs: Prestashop version: 8.0.1, multilanguage with multistore enabled. Prestools version 1.31j. Release date: 14-feb-2023. PHP version 8.1.15 and MySQL version 10.4.27-MariaDB-cll-lve under Linux u34 3.10.0-962.3.2.lve1.5.77. PS 8.0.1 was freshly installed a few days ago.

I wanted to mass update names of the products in one category. Changes only in language in all of my shops. After clicking on Submit button I have a following error but despite it Prestools changed the names correctly (I think). The new names of products included German special characters. Maybe that's relevant to this error.

Time=01:05:44
41-1-1,41-1-2,
41-1-3,41-1-4,41-1-5,41-1-6,41-2-1,41-2-2,41-2-3,41-2-4,41-2-5,41-2-6,41-3-1,41-3-2,41-3-3,41-3-4,41-3-5,41-3-6,
41-4-1,41-4-2,41-4-3,41-4-4,41-4-5,41-4-6,41-5-1,41-5-2,41-5-3,41-5-4,41-5-5,41-5-6,41-6-1,41-6-2,41-6-3,41-6-4,
41-6-5,41-6-6,41-7-1,
Warning: Undefined variable $products_array in /XXXX/adminXXXXX/prestools/ps_sourced_code.php on line 620

Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: array_unique(): Argument #1 ($array) must be of type array, null given in /XXX/adminXXXXX/prestools/ps_sourced_code.php:620 Stack trace: #0 /XXX/adminXXXXX/prestools/ps_sourced_code.php(620): array_unique(NULL) #1 /XXX/adminXXXXX/prestools/product-proc.php(947): update_shop_index(10, Array) #2 {main} thrown in /XXX/adminXXXXX/prestools/ps_sourced_code.php on line 620

9 hours ago, banan_44 said:

Hi @musicmaster, thank you for this great piece of work. I have a little problem. Here are my specs: Prestashop version: 8.0.1, multilanguage with multistore enabled. Prestools version 1.31j. Release date: 14-feb-2023. PHP version 8.1.15 and MySQL version 10.4.27-MariaDB-cll-lve under Linux u34 3.10.0-962.3.2.lve1.5.77. PS 8.0.1 was freshly installed a few days ago.

I wanted to mass update names of the products in one category. Changes only in language in all of my shops. After clicking on Submit button I have a following error but despite it Prestools changed the names correctly (I think). The new names of products included German special characters. Maybe that's relevant to this error.

Time=01:05:44
41-1-1,41-1-2,
41-1-3,41-1-4,41-1-5,41-1-6,41-2-1,41-2-2,41-2-3,41-2-4,41-2-5,41-2-6,41-3-1,41-3-2,41-3-3,41-3-4,41-3-5,41-3-6,
41-4-1,41-4-2,41-4-3,41-4-4,41-4-5,41-4-6,41-5-1,41-5-2,41-5-3,41-5-4,41-5-5,41-5-6,41-6-1,41-6-2,41-6-3,41-6-4,
41-6-5,41-6-6,41-7-1,
Warning: Undefined variable $products_array in /XXXX/adminXXXXX/prestools/ps_sourced_code.php on line 620

Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: array_unique(): Argument #1 ($array) must be of type array, null given in /XXX/adminXXXXX/prestools/ps_sourced_code.php:620 Stack trace: #0 /XXX/adminXXXXX/prestools/ps_sourced_code.php(620): array_unique(NULL) #1 /XXX/adminXXXXX/prestools/product-proc.php(947): update_shop_index(10, Array) #2 {main} thrown in /XXX/adminXXXXX/prestools/ps_sourced_code.php on line 620

This error happens in the indexation part that is done after the product changes have been processed. So the changes have been saved correctly.

I have uploaded a new version that should fix the problem.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

In the products sold, is it possible to have the stock quantity as well? This would make us able to calculate how much we need to order to do a simple excel column by taking the products sold in a desired time frame and calculate towards what is in stock and then see how much we need to order from supplier?

On 4/19/2023 at 8:25 AM, prestalearn said:

In the products sold, is it possible to have the stock quantity as well? This would make us able to calculate how much we need to order to do a simple excel column by taking the products sold in a desired time frame and calculate towards what is in stock and then see how much we need to order from supplier?

I have uploaded a new version with such a function. Can you have a look?

14 hours ago, musicmaster said:

Thanks its great!

Would it be possible to have a field above where you can enter like "expected to be sold in xx days" based on last xxx days? (the last xxx days is same as the current time frame selected on the products sold date fields).

For example you can then enter 180 and see how many that is supposed to be sold in the next 180 days based on the sales from the period originally selected?

1 hour ago, prestalearn said:

Thanks its great!

Would it be possible to have a field above where you can enter like "expected to be sold in xx days" based on last xxx days? (the last xxx days is same as the current time frame selected on the products sold date fields).

For example you can then enter 180 and see how many that is supposed to be sold in the next 180 days based on the sales from the period originally selected?

Sorry, I don't understand this.

If you expect the coming x days to sell the same as the last x days the number is already on the page. So what is the point of repeating it?

1 hour ago, musicmaster said:

Sorry, I don't understand this.

If you expect the coming x days to sell the same as the last x days the number is already on the page. So what is the point of repeating it?

Sorry will try to explain:

1. You get a product in stock and start selling it 20230201. 

2. The product sell well and today you want to order a restock that you want to last XX days (for example 365 if you want to calculate purchase for a year).

3. Then you select sales period 20230201-20230421 (since you cant calculate the time if the product was not in stock)

4. If the sales has been 100 items in the time range, like in my example 80 days - The calculation should be 100/80 = 1,25. And if you have entered the 365 value in a calculation field it should say like "Restock for 365 days = 456,25".

SOrry if i was unclear. Simply sometimes you want to calculate the sales for products that has not been active the same time as the calculation period.

On 4/21/2023 at 12:48 PM, musicmaster said:

As far as I know there is nothing in the system that records when a product was active/in stock and when not

No, thats why i meant that if you have a datefield to enter your desired date to calculate from you dont need to pick that from Presta.

So the thing that would be great is:

1. A datefield to/from to calculate historic sales and then a field with days.

In this way you can enter like 2022-01-01 to 2022-06-30 for example and based on the sales on this date calculate how much you need to buy in XXX days.

Did you understand how i meant? 😃

As I understand it you want a kind of calculator where for example you provide a period of 200 days and then you enter the number 50 and if you sold 80 in those 200 days it will produce 20.

This is much too specific for the general product. So this would need to become a custom made product for which I would need to charge you some money.

As a small concession I have added the number of days to the date range in the following version. I am not yet sure when that will appear.

• Like 1

On 4/20/2023 at 5:51 PM, musicmaster said:

Hi, i tried it, seems to work when output is done in the browser, but when exported to CSV it uses the quantity field in the stock column so you only get the sold products exported in both fields. (and no name on the row for stock)

The last Prestools version (1.32a) had some problems saving texts in product-edit. I released a new version that solved that: 1.32b.

One nice feature of the new version is that image-regenerate now has an option to only (re)generate images that are not there or have a different format. This makes it yet faster.

@musicmasterPrestools show me a warning "You have 1 unindexed products in your shop(s).". When I click on it it turns to "You have 0 unindexed products in your shop(s)." but when I refresh the page it shows me 1 again. I have re-built the entie search index. Prestashop shows me that all products are indexed but Prestools still shows 1 unindexed product. Is there a way to verify somehow which product is problematic in Prestools?

My Presta: Prestashop version: 8.0.3. Prestools version 1.32b. Release date: 26-apr-2023. PHP version 8.1.17 and MySQL version 10.4.27

On 4/26/2023 at 7:53 PM, banan_44 said:

@musicmasterPrestools show me a warning "You have 1 unindexed products in your shop(s).". When I click on it it turns to "You have 0 unindexed products in your shop(s)." but when I refresh the page it shows me 1 again. I have re-built the entie search index. Prestashop shows me that all products are indexed but Prestools still shows 1 unindexed product. Is there a way to verify somehow which product is problematic in Prestools?

My Presta: Prestashop version: 8.0.3. Prestools version 1.32b. Release date: 26-apr-2023. PHP version 8.1.17 and MySQL version 10.4.27

There is no specific tool for it. But my guess would be that it some malformed product. Did you run the integrity checks.

When I look at the code Prestashop looks that a product is both in ps_product and ps_product_shop and Prestools looks only in ps_product_shop. So my guess would be that this is a product that is present in ps_product_shop but not in ps_product. 

If you want to run SQL code. This is how it works in Prestools:

SELECT COUNT(DISTINCT id_product) AS unindexedcount FROM ps_product_shop ps
INNER JOIN ps_shop s ON ps.id_shop=s.id_shop AND s.active=1
 WHERE indexed='0' AND visibility IN ('both', 'search') AND ps.`active` = 1

Remove the COUNT() and you get your product.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@musicmasterthnak you for your quick reply. I have checked my database. It turns out I have a product with ID 0 stored in database 😲 I have no idea how did that happen. I cannot see that product in back office, prestools also does not see it on the list of products. When I dug deeper I found out that this product with ID 0 is an exact copy of my other product with ID 1601. Do you know what could have happen or how to safely remove product ID 0 from database? I can see that this product ID is a few tables and I do not want to mess up the database.

20 minutes ago, banan_44 said:

@musicmasterthnak you for your quick reply. I have checked my database. It turns out I have a product with ID 0 stored in database 😲 I have no idea how did that happen. I cannot see that product in back office, prestools also does not see it on the list of products. When I dug deeper I found out that this product with ID 0 is an exact copy of my other product with ID 1601. Do you know what could have happen or how to safely remove product ID 0 from database? I can see that this product ID is a few tables and I do not want to mess up the database.

This kind of things is rather common and usually doesn't do any harm. So if you don't have problems with your webshop it won't hurt to leave it so. Deleting it won't hurt either. If you delete it it is preferable to do so with the function in Integrity Checks as that erases it in all relevant tables.

It is easy to make a programming mistake that results in such a "double" and as it doesn't hurt it is usually not noticed. Don't waste your time searching for a cause.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, vmarkovic said:

Hallo,

I am trying to run it on a Prestashop 8.04 store but it is just redirecting me to a front store 404 page. It is working fine on my other Prestashop 1.6.x store though.
Any help is appreciated.

404 is "file not found". As you don't mention the url in your address bar it is hard to say what goes wrong. But I can mention a few things that may help:

- don't use the directory, but address a file. So for example "www.shop.com/admin/prestools/product-edit.php" instead of just "www.shop.com/admin/prestools/"

- download the latest version of Prestools. Due to changes in the Prestashop files in 8.0 the Prestools algorithm to find the shop root had to be changed. Older versions can give problems.

14 hours ago, musicmaster said:

404 is "file not found". As you don't mention the url in your address bar it is hard to say what goes wrong. But I can mention a few things that may help:

- don't use the directory, but address a file. So for example "www.shop.com/admin/prestools/product-edit.php" instead of just "www.shop.com/admin/prestools/"

- download the latest version of Prestools. Due to changes in the Prestashop files in 8.0 the Prestools algorithm to find the shop root had to be changed. Older versions can give problems.

Hi,

Thanks for your time. I have indeed been using the latest Prestools version, as well as pointing my browser to login1.php file.

So I`ve put the script in mysite.com/myadmin/prestools/
When I try to access the script it ends up on the following link: mysite.com/myadmin/prestools/index.php?controller=AdminDashboard&token=01a0aa11f533a7b611d0bc5cc6635fd2 showing the front office site with the text: The page you are trying to access is not found

If I try to access it via back office module it just shows blank site.

Regards

Edited by vmarkovic (see edit history)

1 hour ago, vmarkovic said:

So I`ve put the script in mysite.com/myadmin/prestools/
When I try to access the script it ends up on the following link: mysite.com/myadmin/prestools/index.php?controller=AdminDashboard&token=01a0aa11f533a7b611d0bc5cc6635fd2 showing the front office site with the text: The page you are trying to access is not found

If I try to access it via back office module it just shows blank site.

First of all: your images show the location of your admin directory. Please fix that.

Can you replace the mini-module with the most recent version? Note that I made a last moment update. So you will need to download it again.

It puzzles me why a direct call with mysite.com/myadmin/prestools/login1.php shouldn't work. Can you give me access so that I can have a look for myself?

7 minutes ago, musicmaster said:

First of all: your images show the location of your admin directory. Please fix that.

Can you replace the mini-module with the most recent version? Note that I made a last moment update. So you will need to download it again.

It puzzles me why a direct call with mysite.com/myadmin/prestools/login1.php shouldn't work. Can you give me access so that I can have a look for myself?

I`ve just sent you login details. Thank you, really appreciate your help.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/4/2022 at 12:42 PM, musicmaster said:

Prestools is a suite of user-friendly and .powerful tools to mass edit your products, orders and categories. It is a kind of Swiss Army knife that runs outside your backoffice. You can download it here and find a manual here.

Prestools was started in 2012 by putting together a small selection of tools for Prestashop. It has since grown steadily to become a comprehensive set of tools for maintaining Prestashop and Thirty Bees. It is one of the most popular downloads on the Prestashop forum.

The main parts are:

product-edit: great options for mass editing more than 50 product fields. Add categories, change prices, update descriptions - for hundreds of products at once. 

product csv: a flexible tool to generate csv files.

product-sort: an easy way to sort products inside a category. From position 500 to 1 in a blink. With the visual sort option you can see immediately how things will look.

prodcombi: edit and oversee properties of combinations of a number of products at once.

order-edit: adding and deleting products and changing prices without problems.

order-search: make a selection on carrier, payment type, status, etc. or just search. With csv export option.

category-edit: useful for editing metadata and descriptions for SEO

combi-edit: assign pictures to your combinations quickly

combi-copy and combi-delete: copy, modify and delete attribute combinations using one product as a template

attribute-list and feature-list: see how many products use each feature and attribute and get a product list.

regenerate images for selections of products

cleanup images: save on disk space by cleaning up images of deleted products

shop rescue: turn off overrides and non-Prestashop modules when due to some bug you can no longer login in the backoffce.

override-list and module-list: get lists of modules and of overrides and the modules might own them.

eu-tax: get a quick overview how much you sold in each of the EU countries and how much VAT you withheld in the process

integrity checks:  find and fix database and file corruption.

Installation: Unzip the downloaded file and copy the resulting files to a subdirectory below your admin directory (do not install as a PS module!).You can access the program in the browser like "www.myshop.com/myadmin/mydir/login1.php". You will be welcomed by a login screen: the default username is "[email protected]" and the default password is "opensecret". Please adapt your security settings in the "settings1.php" file. There is a mini-module included for integration into the backoffice.

There is a demo-installation available. Username and password are the default. Below you find a view of the product-edit page where the description field has been made editable:

Prestools is compatible with Prestashop 1.5, 1.6, 1.7 and 8.0 and Thirty Bees.

There are a few parts in product-edit that you need to buy at the Prestools website. However, over 95% of the script is free.

Among the files you will find a file prestoolssuite-module.zip. You can install this file as a module. It adds a link to your Prestools installation in the Catalog menu of the backoffice.

If you find a problem, please update Prestools to its latest version before you report it here. When reporting, please mention your Thirty Bees version.

Follow the installation instructions! This is not a module!

download_prestools.png.163b2ac04de6123acc33b19bb9ce64bd.png    download_prestools_manual.png.0a7043fc4e71b4eedc3ef5c52ef157d3.png    instruction_video.png.b519370eef38f898b11a6dd2b36f8ada.png

Good morning

can you help me to correct my problem with prestools?

I have several errors in the database

for example in the category recitoners outlet offers printing

https://recitoners.net/ofertas

https://recitoners.net/c/54-small_default/outlet-impresion.jpg

that has this image that matches with the name but not with the content when it should have this one

https://recitoners.net/imagenes/OUTLET PRINTING.png

I also have problems with numerous products that do not match their category.

I have thought about deleting and importing everything but I have many landing pages in each category that would be lost if I delete everything.

thank you very much in advance

Good morning RCTSH,

I don't understand your point with the image name. The offertas category has two subcategories and they are correctly shown - including their images.

Obviously you are using some software that strips the id from links. I don't know whether it is supposed to process image links too. But it doesn't in this case and I don't see much harm in this.

As for products not matching their category: it all depends on the details. You can achieve a lot with mass edit. But for a detailed advice you should discuss with someone who has access.

Regards,

M

Hi, good morning 

I have been reviewing the user guide but I have not been able to enter the prestools tool, is there a guide for dummies? I have installed it correctly but I lack the information to enter, these is where i get stuck ""You can start with any of the program files. Most people start with product-edit. You run the program in your browser by typing an url like “www.myshop.com/admin123/myprestools/productedit.php”".

A help would be appreciated. Thanks 

2 hours ago, musicmaster said:

Good morning RCTSH,

I don't understand your point with the image name. The offertas category has two subcategories and they are correctly shown - including their images.

Obviously you are using some software that strips the id from links. I don't know whether it is supposed to process image links too. But it doesn't in this case and I don't see much harm in this.

As for products not matching their category: it all depends on the details. You can achieve a lot with mass edit. But for a detailed advice you should discuss with someone who has access.

Regards,

M

thank you for responding so quickly
I see that I have not explained myself correctly, I will try again.
The second image it shows, the toner, is not the image it should show, it should show a printer outlet.

it should show this one

https://recitoners.net/imagenes/OUTLET PRINTING.png

it has taken a picture from ANOTHER CATEGORY and has given it the correct name. i don't know if i can explain better now

9 hours ago, Hugothex said:

I have been reviewing the user guide but I have not been able to enter the prestools tool, is there a guide for dummies? I have installed it correctly but I lack the information to enter, these is where i get stuck ""You can start with any of the program files. Most people start with product-edit. You run the program in your browser by typing an url like “www.myshop.com/admin123/myprestools/productedit.php”".

Actually this is very simple and meant for "dummies". It just supposes that you have FTP access and that you know in which directory your shop is installed.

It doesn't help that your problem description is very basic. It gives me no indication of what you have done. I don't even know whether you see the screen that asks for the username and password.

5 hours ago, musicmaster said:

Actually this is very simple and meant for "dummies". It just supposes that you have FTP access and that you know in which directory your shop is installed.

It doesn't help that your problem description is very basic. It gives me no indication of what you have done. I don't even know whether you see the screen that asks for the username and password.

You didn't understand me, nothing.

I know where the photos are.  
I know that sometimes the extension changes.
THE PROBLEM IS THAT THE CONTENT OF THE PHOTO IS CHANGING.
not that I have taken a photo and pass it from png to jpg but in the process has entered a photo of a printer in png and has left another with the same name but a totally different content as a toner in jpg.

I want to find the problem that generates this in the database either with prestools or with any other method.

5 hours ago, RCTSH said:

You didn't understand me, nothing.

I know where the photos are.  
I know that sometimes the extension changes.
THE PROBLEM IS THAT THE CONTENT OF THE PHOTO IS CHANGING.
not that I have taken a photo and pass it from png to jpg but in the process has entered a photo of a printer in png and has left another with the same name but a totally different content as a toner in jpg.

I want to find the problem that generates this in the database either with prestools or with any other method.

Please do not react to things that I write to someone else!

I seriously doubt that any program changes your images. But you never will know for sure as long as you keep those "pretty urls" without numbers switched on.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/8/2023 at 6:05 PM, musicmaster said:

Please do not react to things that I write to someone else!

I seriously doubt that any program changes your images. But you never will know for sure as long as you keep those "pretty urls" without numbers switched on.

may be  thanks

• 3 weeks later...
W dniu 6-7-2023 o godzinie 12:20 Hugothex powiedział:

Dzień dobry, dzień dobry

Przeglądałem podręcznik użytkownika, ale nie mogłem wejść do narzędzia prestools, czy istnieje przewodnik dla manekinów? Zainstalowałem go poprawnie, ale brakuje mi informacji do wprowadzenia, w tym miejscu utknąłem ""Możesz zacząć od dowolnego pliku programu. Większość ludzi zaczyna od edycji produktu. Uruchamiasz program w przeglądarce, wpisując adres URL, taki jak "www.myshop.com/admin123/myprestools/productedit.php".

Pomoc byłaby mile widziana. Dzięki

witam doczekałeś się pomocy? 

15 minutes ago, simon1981 said:

witam doczekałeś się pomocy? 

Hugothex never contacted me to give me direct access to analyze the problem.

The last part of his url is obviously wrong. It is "product-edit.php" instead of "productedit.php".

It may happen that after an upgrade you get the warning:

Warning: Undefined array key "unit" in public_html/login888/set_tool/product-edit.php on line 1230

This happens because you didn't upgrade the settings1.php file. Usually you can keep the settings1.php file from your old version, but recently some renaming has happened in that file and you need to use the new version and copy your settings there.

Gm, @musicmaster

Hope your doing well. I wanted to revisit my move from v1.6.10 to v1.6.24 then I was able to upgrade myshop to v1.7 Of course I had to use your Copy_shopdata and one hell of a lot of help from you.

Now that has been two years ago or so. I haven't had any issues until now. It was brought to my attention that my shop is now adding "one product" to the cart automatically once you log in. This only happens with "newer registered customers." I think I have found what might be a solution which I linked below.   

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/661326-prestashop-17-adds-unwanted-products-to-cart/

Could this issue be something that was "originally but unintentionally brought over" to the new site v1.6.10 from Copy_shopdata? Is this issue something that Prestools can address in the future?

Thank you @musicmaster and I can provide anything you might need for this feature request if possible.

7 minutes ago, Billy said:

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/661326-prestashop-17-adds-unwanted-products-to-cart/

Could this issue be something that was "originally but unintentionally brought over" to the new site v1.6.10 from Copy_shopdata? Is this issue something that Prestools can address in the future?

First of all, this is the wrong forum post. Your question is about Copy_shopdata and that has its own post.

As for your question: what I understand is that somehow the ps_cart_product table contained higher cart id's than the ps_cart table. In the config table of copy_shopdata you are free to chose which tables you copy. So if you copy one of those two tables but not the other such a situation could arise. This is advanced stuff, you should know what you are doing - specially when you deviate from the default settings.

Hi @musicmaster. I've installed the module and configured it with the username and password of the settings1 file. It works fine when I enter the script from the "Catalog > Prestools Suite". It doesn't ask for a username and password here. (which is ok, and not my problem.)

The problem is that I added a button to the AdminOrders page that has a link like this: {href="mysite.com/adminfolder/prestoolsdir/order-edit.php?id_order=12345"}
for each order, the id_order will be different so I can edit that order directly. The problem is that with this URL, it asks for the username and password, although I'm logged in to my Prestashop admin and the presstools module is installed and configured.

Is there some sort of cookie that stores the username and password? Is there a way to edit the script/module/cookie so I don't need to enter a password every time I want to edit an order with a direct link when I'm looged in to my prestashop bo?

31 minutes ago, Amin Vatandoust said:

Hi @musicmaster. I've installed the module and configured it with the username and password of the settings1 file. It works fine when I enter the script from the "Catalog > Prestools Suite". It doesn't ask for a username and password here. (which is ok, and not my problem.)

The problem is that I added a button to the AdminOrders page that has a link like this: {href="mysite.com/adminfolder/prestoolsdir/order-edit.php?id_order=12345"}
for each order, the id_order will be different so I can edit that order directly. The problem is that with this URL, it asks for the username and password, although I'm logged in to my Prestashop admin and the presstools module is installed and configured.

Is there some sort of cookie that stores the username and password? Is there a way to edit the script/module/cookie so I don't need to enter a password every time I want to edit an order with a direct link when I'm looged in to my prestashop bo?

Hi Amin,

I don't have a solution for this as I never investigated it.

Just one question: what is the target of the link? In the same window, in an iframe or in a new window?

20 hours ago, musicmaster said:

I tested it and it works ok for me. Are you sure you are using the latest version?

It's probably because of a cookie that was created when you logged in from "Catalog > Prestools Suite" before.

If you check it in incognito mode (I tested on Chrome) and log in to your BO, Then go to the order page and click that "/order-edit.php?id_order=12345" link that you added, you might see the problem.

26 minutes ago, Amin Vatandoust said:

It's probably because of a cookie that was created when you logged in from "Catalog > Prestools Suite" before.

If you check it in incognito mode (I tested on Chrome) and log in to your BO, Then go to the order page and click that "/order-edit.php?id_order=12345" link that you added, you might see the problem.

The authentication relies on cookies. So it is logical that when you operate in incognito mode - when no long term cookies are stored - you have to login each time.

3 minutes ago, musicmaster said:

The authentication relies on cookies. So it is logical that when you operate in incognito mode - when no long term cookies are stored - you have to login each time.

yeah I know, the only reason I mentioned the incognito is that you said "I tested it and it works ok". that's because of a cookie that was already created. if that cookie reaches the Max-Age, and you use the edit-order direct link, It will ask for a username and password.

To understand this better, It doesn't ask me to log in when I'm in incognito mode and go to "Catalog > Prestools Suite". (It never asks for a username and password when I open the script this way). But if I close the incognito and reopen it, and then log in to BO and that order link, It will ask me to log in.

28 minutes ago, Amin Vatandoust said:

yeah I know, the only reason I mentioned the incognito is that you said "I tested it and it works ok". that's because of a cookie that was already created. if that cookie reaches the Max-Age, and you use the edit-order direct link, It will ask for a username and password.

To understand this better, It doesn't ask me to log in when I'm in incognito mode and go to "Catalog > Prestools Suite". (It never asks for a username and password when I open the script this way). But if I close the incognito and reopen it, and then log in to BO and that order link, It will ask me to log in.

When you configure the Prestools mini-module you provide the login name and password. So when you access via "Catalog > Prestools Suite" those are known. Your order-edit links don't provide those.

I see that there are still some problems with the mini-module. So I will soon release a new version.

3 hours ago, musicmaster said:

When you configure the Prestools mini-module you provide the login name and password. So when you access via "Catalog > Prestools Suite" those are known. Your order-edit links don't provide those.

I see that there are still some problems with the mini-module. So I will soon release a new version.

exactly. That's why I wonder if I could pass those parameters with the order-edit links too.

Is there a problem with my code or the module which can be fixed with the new version of the mini-module?

4 hours ago, Amin Vatandoust said:

exactly. That's why I wonder if I could pass those parameters with the order-edit links too.

Is there a problem with my code or the module which can be fixed with the new version of the mini-module?

I will look into it. But I doubt it as it is not that simple. At the moment "Catalog > Prestools Suite" calls a routine that sets the cookie and then it redirects to Prestools. 

• Like 1

On 8/3/2023 at 4:30 PM, Amin Vatandoust said:

Can you try the attached version of the mini module?

To access order-edit.php?id_order=1234 you should use the link:

admin/index.php?controller=AdminPrestoolsSuite&ptsubpath=order-edit.php%3Fid_order%3D1234

note that the "?" and the "=" are encoded.

The url should also contain a token. But that is for you to find out.

prestoolssuite-module.zip

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, love the script, it saved me a lot of time. One question though, in the combination edit field, when I want to assign images to a combination they all show up as just empty fields, making it impossible to work with as I don't know which image is which. Is there any way around it? I can choose the images individually for each category where they do show up after choosing one, however that's a lot slower and the image names are all --unnamed image <number> which makes it a bit tedious.

2023-08-16 08_31_39-Window.png

2023-08-16 08_31_29-Window.png