Where all module files are hidden??

Success

Hello friends!

I wonder where all the files of a particular module are hidden?

Even though I delete the module and reinstall it, it remembers the previously set settings.

In addition to uninstalling module in the BackOffice Modules section, I deleted everything here:

/ modules / name of module
/ themes / name of theme / modules / name of module
/ themes / child-theme / modules / name of module

Still PrestaShop remembers the previously settings.

I would kindly ask you for help :)

Thank u!

Modules typically save their setting to database table DBPREFIX_configuration (default DBPREFIX_ is "ps_").

Module settings aren't removed automatically by PrestaShop when a module is uninstalled. Each module needs to take care of removing its own settings during its uninstallation. Some modules ignore it or choose not to do so.

Please see attached screenshot. It shows how a module named AmcPsPaytraiPsp has saved some of its setting to database. Be careful if you choose to manually delete module settings.

Screenshot_20220514_142806.png

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Teemu Mäntynen said:

Modules typically save their setting to database table DBPREFIX_configuration (default DBPREFIX_ is "ps_").

Module settings aren't removed automatically by PrestaShop when a module is uninstalled. Each module needs to take care of removing its own settings during its uninstallation. Some modules ignore it or choose not to do so.

Please see attached screenshot. It shows how a module named AmcPsPaytraiPsp has saved some of its setting to database. Be careful if you choose to manually delete module settings.

Screenshot_20220514_142806.png

I can't find anything here about this module. I can't find any modules file even if it is installed.. How is this possible?

Most modules also install their own table which usually is called _PS_PREFIX.modulename*
e.g. tables prefix is ps_ and the module name is amodulename then a a module table is something like ps_amodulename occasionally plus some more words if the module installs multiple tables.
The amodulename is not the module display name as it appears in the admin but the name of the directory the module is in Dashboard->Modules. 

No.. The modul I looking for is The Checkout from Zelarg..

In Dashboard - Modules it is named The Checkout..

If I go to database and press ctrl + F and search for checkout there are no resoults. I went manualy from start to the end but did not find anything near checkout..

I really dont know what to do now? :)

37 minutes ago, Success said:

I wanted to upload file thecheckout.php but couldn't.

what kind of Hosting do you have? Looks like permission.

The Module folder is there twice, one under the root folder the other under theme > theme name.

Edited by Nickz (see edit history)

I already wrote that when I uninstall The Checkout module, I also delete folders /modules/thecheckout, /themes/mytheme/modules/thecheckout and /themes/child-theme/modules/thecheckout. But settings of The Checkout module still remains. 

That's why I am asking you where are all other folders of that module..  I can't find it in Database.. :D

Problem is that there is something wrong with css and I want to do it from the beginning.

Edited by Success (see edit history)

you will need to look at module code, install section to see what fields it creates, generally these are place in configuration (if I remember correctly)

also some modules update overrides, on uninstall these should be removed by ps, maybe they were not installed properly and are still there.

but you need to look at module code to see how it stores configuration values.

19 hours ago, Nickz said:

Sometimes a browser cache can be very thickheaded.

Have you tried a different browser? or cleared all cookies?

Yes, of course.. This module siriously wont delete itself complitely..

13 hours ago, El Patron said:

you will need to look at module code, install section to see what fields it creates, generally these are place in configuration (if I remember correctly)

also some modules update overrides, on uninstall these should be removed by ps, maybe they were not installed properly and are still there.

but you need to look at module code to see how it stores configuration values.

I don't have knowledge for this..

I think I will buy another checkout module.. Witch do you recommend?

25 minutes ago, Success said:

I don't have knowledge for this..

I think I will buy another checkout module.. Witch do you recommend?

the existing ps checkout modules on addaons are not modern enough for our clients or meme) so several years ago we designed our own 'above the fold' checkout module that would not embarrass me to present to clients.   Based on US design concepts from walmart.com and jet.com.  We don't post new modules to ps addons anymore.

https://www.addons.prestaheroes.com/collections/all-modules/products/checkout-pro

you  can see it in action on client  shops

https://discountelectrical.com/  

https://calligraphyartsuk.com/

the key support is there is fall over link when customer enters incorrect email/pwd.  

I make the best checkouts on the planet

AVOID AT ALL COSTS PRESTASHOP CHECKOUT MODULE IT'S HORRIBLE...I CHECKED EXISTING ADDONS STILL NOTHING COMPARABLE TO PH MODULE

good luck,  also consider posting in job section, make relationship with solid developer that can assist you with technical issues.  Make a development copy of your shop for sandbox (always do this).

cheers, el