I want to find a way to migrate from 1.6 to 1.7

MagnusExM

I have a current store (749 customers, 915 orders, 1829 products, 375 blog posts) under version 1.6 and wish to upgrade to version 1.7. Please recommend a reasonable way to do it. I also have images in Product Descriptions. Can I upgrade my store manually from 1.6 to 1.7 or do I have to look for any tools for that?

You should create a store under version 1.7 beforehand. If you are tech-savvy then upgrading yourself is alright for you too. Otherwise I highly suggest you look for a specialized tool for data migration like lit extension. I believe that migrating blog posts and product description images is not easy at all so you should ask for professional help here. I used to consult them on things like these for my employer as a store owner. They can keep your data intact as well so I hope this helps you.

If you don't want to do it in 1 click upgrade. Create new store on i.e sub domain with updated theme on new prestashop version. Install modules you're currently using on live shop. If all works migrate whole data  (749 customers, 915 orders, 1829 products, 375 blog posts) from live -> new store. Check if its fine.

Then transfer whole new store to live domain.

For me, it is better option instead of updating from 1.6. You will check if your modules will work on 1.7, no issues on updating process.

PS provides guidance here

https://devdocs.prestashop.com/1.7/basics/keeping-up-to-date/upgrade/

I recommend you create a running g copy of your store in a subdimain to test your process first.

I also recommend is that you get quotes from agency who will do the upgrade but also upgrade with new theme, validate you catalog, etc, stuff you didn t know you didn't know.