1-click upgrade not working??

babyewok

I am trying to use 1-click upgrade to upgrade form 1.7.7.3 to 1.7.8.1.   Not used it before, so not sure what is going wrong!

All green ticks for the pre-upgrade checklist and I am running php7.4

---------------

Your current PrestaShop version: 1.7.7.3

Your current PHP version: 7.4.25

Latest official version for minor channel.: 1.7.8 stable - (1.7.8.1)

---------------

I click to upgrade and all seems fine, although I am not sure anything is actually done aside from downloading the update zip??   See below:

It says download complete, now extracting then just shows the maintenance page and "The status has been successfully updated."

No indication anything else is still going on.  Still says current version is 1.7.7.3

Version comparison says: 

PrestaShop Original version:
 82 file modifications have been detected, including 75 from core and native modules: See or hide the list

Differences between versions:
 5825 files will be modified, 143 files will be deleted (if they are found). See or hide the list

Why is the upgrade not completing?  I am not getting any errors on the update page

Your current version is not compatible with PHP 7.4 - so you should start the upgrade with ealier version and change later

5 hours ago, babyewok said:

[Ajax / Server Error for action unzip] textStatus: "error " errorThrown:" " jqXHR: "

Thats very often a timeout - check server and upgrade log to exclude other errors

Thanks. I actually gave up in the end and tried a manual update....but then ran into another issue!🙄

When I ran the upgrade.php I got this error:

error on line 215 at column 1: Extra content at the end of the document

then I got a 500 error on the back office so I cleared the cache and all seems OK....but how do I know if they really are OK?! Version says it is 1.7.8.1....?

Edited by babyewok (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/13/2021 at 5:20 PM, babyewok said:

I just don't understand why upgrading Prestashop always has to be so painful!  And everyone just keeps saying, "Don't upgrade unless you really have to".  Totally different message from Wordpress where upgrading is generally a breeze!

ur right ... it a nightmare. I had the most amount of luck taking it from my server and putting it locally to WAMP. Doing the upgrade and testing - then if it breaks then you can overright your wamp dir to ur c drive and try something else (php version / uninstall module /etc)., took me 2 weeks an i still have issues with a few things

• 6 months later...

I used the 1 Click Upgrade and found myself in lots of trouble.  I tried to upgrade from 1.7.7 to 1.7.8 and the upgrade worked except the product images did not show on the store.  After many attempts of fixing I gave up.  I used the roll-back back-up feature and now I can not login to Prestashop and have a 500 error.  Any suggestions?  Thanks,

Tom