Error 504 bad gateway on Back Office of Prestashop store

manuel987

I have a problem with my Prestashop Store wich, sometimes i can get into Front Office without problems but other times i get an error 504 and worse i cannot get into Back Office because get this error 504. This is happening for four or five days and i dont know the root of the problem. I checked server logs but it only shows Negotiation error and idle timeout (120s) error. I cannot change the php.ini or nginx conf files because the hosting i have does not allow it (they say i need to change to VPS server to have root access and what i am using wich is web cloud does not grant me access). I really need some guidance because i really dont want to loose possible customers. I have attached the logs of hosting but i dont think it will help

logs_website.log.gz.txt

This error, is classic and caused by a limit of idle_timeout (30 seconds by default) or max children processes.

After examining the txt file, it is the theme of the site that is the problem. Is it the original one or a third one.

This may be due to a module and it would be good to check the php version.

The tracks are multiple. In ftp you can access?

yes! I was dining but I will try to guide you.

Currently your prestashop is up to date?
You know how to use the interface and the ftp tools?
I don't know your level of knowledge so it is appropriate to know your level.

use the original PS theme and see if it is not due to a module of the LEO theme that is either not compatible or up to date.

When did this happen and did you make a modification?

i always clear browser cache after removing modules but i dont understand what you mean with the quota base being good or overloaded

hmmm you mean i need to change all the files and folders of /var/cache and then remove the folder cache ? Is it safe at all removing what is inside the folder cache folder ?

it will take some time since i have some renamed folders 

Make a screen of your tree structure it's simpler because trust does not exclude control. To read you,

var/cache/prod

/var/cache/dev

The site responds very slowly. There is an overload. Is the base in gzip?

In prestashop 1.7 there are two subfolders in the cache folder, one cache subfolder for debug mode and one cache subfolder for production mode.

Just thank you, it's solved on the other hand, switch to the VPS because the site is super slow and it's not good for traffic and customers will go elsewhere.

Guys please this is not chat app it is a forum so please use edit post function and try to make topic bit cleaner and not making 4 posts in few minutes.

Also Manuel be patient, avppy7 will replay when he can. So do not ask if he is there, again not a chat app. I merged several posts and hide some.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Ciao a tutti... scusa, ho lo stesso problema con la 1.6 e non riesco a risolvere. Tu hai risolto? come hai fatto? Mi serve aiuto

Hi all ... sorry, I have the same problem with 1.6 and I can't solve it. Have you solved it? how did you do? I need help