Looking for advice

ChrisB257

I desperately need to speak to someone in prestashop  and need a number I can call from USA. Tried one I found thru search but it didn't work. This is needed because I am getting nowhere with a problem. It would take too long to explain but, have spent money on a module update and paid for tech support too - but I just am not getting results because feedback is not producing anything but sending me around uselessly. I just have to be able to discuss with someone and try and straighten this whole thing out - meantime our store can't effect transactions.

Thanks for reply. Trouble is - it is so convoluted!!!

We run V1.7.8.0 at the moment and upgraded the basic Ajax cart to latest. From our Authorize.net module we went to 'upgrade' from link - that took us to presto-changeo site where a newer Authorize module purchase was made - supposedly latest update V 2.0.5 although doubtful if this is newest. We have a problem whereby at stage 4 of checkout (payment), there is no option given for card details to be entered... thus no way to complete a transaction.

I have been getting no success in finding a resolution and had emails from various sources over days, even trying to find access to a developer - and following up on these seemed to get me nowhere - I feel we have been passed from pillar to post and the websites don't seem entirely user friendly. It has reached a stage where I need to have one person dealing with things and because it is so convoluted need to discuss and explain what is going on. I feel I'd need to write a small book to actually describe every detail over too many days!

I am getting more than desperate and need someone to take this on - already paid out about $200 getting module and setting up a tech ticket. I can tell you more if need be but as said, it's gotten so complex.

Much of the problem is and has been, that each attempt to get answers has led to responses that don't get anywhere really positive - I have loads of emails which have pretty much led me nowhere. The bug may be classed as small - but because it results in an inability to complete a transaction it's major! Ideally I need to find someone who can take this on and follow thru and that's why I wish I could find someone to actually be able to talk to. People who write back don't seem able to deal with it without basically trying to send me on to someone else etc - plus, links they give don't get me to useful results - that's why I find the website awkward too. Going round in circles!.

I'll attach a stitched screen grab of the stage 4 payment page in the cart - as can be seen, no option to enter card info. In fact, 2nd thought - how do I PM you - then I can share the image which contains address info..

7 minutes ago, ChrisB257 said:

Much of the problem is and has been, that each attempt to get answers has led to responses that don't get anywhere really positive - I have loads of emails which have pretty much led me nowhere. The bug may be classed as small - but because it results in an inability to complete a transaction it's major! Ideally I need to find someone who can take this on and follow thru and that's why I wish I could find someone to actually be able to talk to. People who write back don't seem able to deal with it without basically trying to send me on to someone else etc - plus, links they give don't get me to useful results - that's why I find the website awkward too. Going round in circles!.

I'll attach a stitched screen grab of the stage 4 payment page in the cart - as can be seen, no option to enter card info. In fact, 2nd thought - how do I PM you - then I can share the image which contains address info..

Check PM.

• Like 1

• ChrisB257 changed the title to Looking for advice
40 minutes ago, ChrisB257 said:

We've only being updating regularly on advice from host.

Tell your host to take responsibility for updates going wrong and you'll see how their advice will cease.

There are 2 main streams in those regards. Updates give you an enhanced security which is wrong IMHO. And ours, that you only should update if you have too.

Edited by Nickz (see edit history)

Thing is - some time back we went without any updates for quite a while but then ran into problems - their take was we should update more often! If I recall one problem we had running an out-dated version was security oriented - so again reason host said update regularly. Personally I prefer a ''if it ain't broke .." approach but then that can still come back and bite it seems.

Yes but security is not enhanced because of updates. Best practise IMHO is to get away from managed hosters as they often fiddle around customer sites to make an extra buck, to make their boss look bad and such trivial reasons.

You want a good security monitor your site daily. Have backups weekly, get away from hosters.

We have been with the host a long time and in the past they have done work pro bono when they could well have charged - this particularly when we set up the store about 2 years ago. While they host the store they are not software experts with that kind of software - and so far attempts to get Prestashop help, despite paying money, has gotten us nowhere - thus current frustration. Can't really fault the actual host at all.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ChrisB257 said:

We have been with the host a long time and in the past they have done work pro bono when they could well have charged - this particularly when we set up the store about 2 years ago. While they host the store they are not software experts with that kind of software - and so far attempts to get Prestashop help, despite paying money, has gotten us nowhere - thus current frustration. Can't really fault the actual host at all.

Well, then, I hope you will find a compromise or a solution. 

/giving hugs/

19 hours ago, ChrisB257 said:

Can't really fault the actual host at all.

True, but hosts are not a stable unit. OVH is paying small outfits. We have lost valuable software due to incompetence when OVH took over a smaller hoster.