Error When I try to embed a video

lasseboy

When I try to insert a video in a product, I get this error message and it is not possible to save or move on. Someone who knows what the error is or is there any other way to get a video from eg youtube

error: "The description_short (Swedish) field is invalid."

Se pic

embed.png

Hi

May be entirely unrelated but worth a try - I always thought the short description field had a small character limit and usually embedding video takes a lot of characters.

Does it work under the description field instead?

Can you save the short description without the video?

Good luck

• Like 1

1 hour ago, justmeagain said:

Hi

May be entirely unrelated but worth a try - I always thought the short description field had a small character limit and usually embedding video takes a lot of characters.

Does it work under the description field instead?

Can you save the short description without the video?

Good luck

Hello!

It doesn't matter where I embed the video, I can't save after that, so it doesn't come along, has tried to reduce the video window but doesn't help.

Since the function is in the boxes, you want it to work without another module.

A little strange it is, perhaps better to put it in as html code.

Thanks

LAsse

It saves with out the video.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/zETUh50u8Vs" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thanks

Lasse

Hi

Not sure why it is not working for you - I tried your code and it worked for me

image.thumb.png.821d282e1328680d6d615176509a21cd.png

Using this for the source code (found top right corner of summary - <>)

<p>låt oss se vad som händer när vi provar en mängd olika karaktärer i detta</p>
<p></p>
<p>den snabba bruna räven</p>
<p></p>
<p><iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/zETUh50u8Vs" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen="allowfullscreen"></iframe></p>

As for another way to do it try this

In summary bar go to the Video tab 2038887069_Screenshot2021-10-31121309.png.ab84200000fa430e14ee292d18769620.png

Select Embed tab and paste it there click Ok and Save and hopefully it will work

Good luck

• Like 1

On 10/30/2021 at 9:30 AM, lasseboy said:

A little strange it is, perhaps better to put it in as html code.

If you know html add a little selfmade html5 Module as Video Gallery and host the Videos on your server. Embedding Youtube Videos do not help you to convince a buyer but helps Youtube to have more vistors.

Edited by Nickz (see edit history)

This is how I do it and it will be wrong "
The error message is The description_short (Swedish) field is invalid.

Must be wrong in the classic theme, which file is what creates the text in the box and the movie embedding may be enough to replace it with a fresh file.

4.png

3.png

2.png

1.png

I too use the classic theme so not sure why the description saves but not the video

Have you tried just the video on its own without the text?

Anyway - couple more options (then I'm out of ideas - sorry)

Try making the listing again under a different ID - no idea if makes any difference but worth a try.

Alternatively - assuming you have the video on your PC/laptop (or can download it)

Try the sequence of photos, navigate to video - wait for ti to upload - click it to add the source code - set the dimensions and save - and fingers crossed

Screenshot 2021-10-31 164101.png

Screenshot 2021-10-31 164028.png

Screenshot 2021-10-31 163957.png

Good morning!
If I upload a video file, it works, so there must be something wrong with my classic files as it is not possible to select embedding.

Thanks for all help, I will try to find which files in Prestashop Swedish have haunted this, I will try to add completely new files in the Swedish folder!

😀