Cache errors still keep apearing after clearing FTP folder /www/var/

manuel987

Good Afternoon,

I got a problem wich is when i remove the FTP Folder /www/var/cache and, after that, i do some changes on the Prestashop Store and clear the cache in the backoffice (got Smarty Cache ON, model compilation --> never recompile template files and CCC ON) i got sometimes error 500 and i dont know if there is another way to solve the clearing the cache problem that i have. ( One other problem related to the cache is when i regenerate thumbnails and see the changes on the product list in the homepage in my pc it goes different in other pc's and i solved it by clearing the cache)

Edited by manuel987
grammar problem (see edit history)

• manuel987 changed the title to Cache errors still keep apearing after clearing FTP folder /www/var/

Hi,

First of all, don't just delete the www/var/cache folder.
Delete the content of t he following folders instead

• www/var/cache/dev/smarty
  • www/var/cache/prod/smarty

And if you have changed anything that is related to overrides delete

• www/var/cache/prod/class_index.php
  • www/var/cache/dev/class_index.php

Edited by Inform-All (see edit history)

thanks for the answers but i found another problem well sometimes i clear cache i get an error saying that prestashop cannot find Tools.php i checked that i have no Tools.php in the store and can i ask where can i get the default Tools.php for prestashop version 1.7 so i can put via FTP (unless it gives me more errors)?

strange i have both but the problem still comes sometimes when i clear cache. The error i have is this one ( Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'Tools' not found in /var/www/vhosts/soundtaste.shop/httpdocs/classes/db/Db.php:794) but if clear cache twice the error does not show up so i think its a bit strange