Cannot install module ps_productinfo. The module is invalid and cannot be loaded.

Sagbo Abdou

4 hours ago, Sagbo Abdou said:

I'm trying to enable tv_electronic_electron_1_7_v1 theme on prestashop 1.7.7.7 with PHP 7.4 

this is the error message it showing:

<<Cannot install module ps_productinfo. The module is invalid and cannot be loaded.>>

Could you guys help pls?

Capture d’écran 2021-08-25 à 5.22.08 PM.png

First try lower PHP version.

Screenshot 2021-08-25 at 22-49-14 System requirements for PrestaShop 1 7.png

Hi, After investigate i found that in PrestaShop 1.7.x theme configuration this module name is not exits ps_productinfo and secondly in. module folder this module is not exits also. 

PrestaShop git , we found this module is archived in 21 february. I think this module is not used PrestaShop classic theme any more. Your theme may be add this in theme.yml so it try to install , and the module is not found that is why it is not able to install

Thank you

13 hours ago, ComGrafPL said:

First try lower PHP version.

Screenshot 2021-08-25 at 22-49-14 System requirements for PrestaShop 1 7.png

Thank you, i have turned the php version to 7.2 but it still not working,

The theme provider have sent a new file ps_productinfo throught github, i download (zip) and install it in the module directory

first method: I deleted the existing file ps_productinfo and install the new module named ps_productinfo-dev (unsuccess)

method 2:  I deleted the existing file ps_productinfo and install the new file renamed ps_productinfo (unsuccess)

method 3: i kept the existing file ps_productinfo install the new module named ps_productinfo-dev (unsuccess) 

PS: I alway make sure that the cache is clear each time

The problem persist

9 hours ago, Sagbo Abdou said:

Thank you, i have turned the php version to 7.2 but it still not working,

The theme provider have sent a new file ps_productinfo throught github, i download (zip) and install it in the module directory

first method: I deleted the existing file ps_productinfo and install the new module named ps_productinfo-dev (unsuccess)

method 2:  I deleted the existing file ps_productinfo and install the new file renamed ps_productinfo (unsuccess)

method 3: i kept the existing file ps_productinfo install the new module named ps_productinfo-dev (unsuccess) 

PS: I alway make sure that the cache is clear each time

The problem persist

I would try with:

Uninstall / delete theme.

Unpack theme zip. Find modules folder inside. Find ps_productinfo folder. Delete it. Place new ps_productinfo ( from theme dev ) inside theme / modules folder. Zip it Try install the theme. 

• 1 month later...

Same Pb with Prestashop 1.7.7.7 and new theme from Webvolty (ttv_autopart_autotrics_v3).
Tech support took control remotely of my PC and modifyed file theme.yml located in <my web site>/themes/ttv_autopart_autotrics_v3/config.

Can't say exactly what has been done. 

Hope this info will help.

In any case, I don't understand how Prestashop can "VALIDATE" such a payable module.