Anyone can explain how tags work in prestashop?

uvip

I only noticed link domain/search?tag=abc, so this is the only function as search results for tag in prestashop? Anyone knows other information about tag? Will the setup tag has a direct page? Please help advise. Thanks

The tags help to search page or related products information easily for the user using keywords. It helps to search multiple related products using single keywords. It helps in SEO. The direct page might not be possible but a single page search result using a tag is possible. When a website has thousands of products then it is difficult for the user to navigate via categories and search required products easily, the tags make search easy.

5 minutes ago, Zohaib-fk said:

The tags help to search page or related products information easily for the user using keywords. It helps to search multiple related products using single keywords. It helps in SEO. The direct page might not be possible but a single page search result using a tag is possible. When a website has thousands of products then it is difficult for the user to navigate via categories and search required products easily, the tags make search easy.

Thanks for your information, but I noticed users will only search keywords, and the search term trigger search result like search_query=abc not domain/search?tag=abc, so you meantioned SEO, but since user will not see the tag search anyway, how will it benefit SEO? And I noticed the tag search page is not listed in google as well? You said "a website has thousands of products then it is difficult for the user to navigate via categories and search required products easily, the tags make search easy." But how tags make search easy? I mean how do users know the tags I setup? Or should I pend the search page on the relevent product page? Please help advise, thanks

It is simple for example on the below website, I want to know module related to GeoIP, geolocation, how do I know either I will visit different categories or visits different product pages to find product. The tags save my time and make search easy using a single click I get a list of product-related keywords. The google search helps visitors to search using keywords and show relevant results same like this tags helps visitors on website to easily search content.

Website => https://www.presta-addons-modules.com/en/search?tag=geolocation

1 hour ago, Zohaib-fk said:

It is simple for example on the below website, I want to know module related to GeoIP, geolocation, how do I know either I will visit different categories or visits different product pages to find product. The tags save my time and make search easy using a single click I get a list of product-related keywords. The google search helps visitors to search using keywords and show relevant results same like this tags helps visitors on website to easily search content.

Website => https://www.presta-addons-modules.com/en/search?tag=geolocation

Hi friend, but the link is not a seo page since it is not listed in google, and it is just a search result page, also, where the visitor will click for that page? You list the search link on the relevent product page? Please help advise, thanks

@uvip

If you use tag module in left column then user are able to find the tag to click product information. Secondly if your theme show tag in product details page they can also able to click. Normally tag is provided for user to find related product and also search engine. Other cms like WordPress also has no dedicated page to show tag. They show tag wise post.

Same in PrestaShop , when tag is click tag wise product search show. Hope it clear to you

Thank you