Concerns about Prestashop

willowtree

I was planning on migrating my cart to PS as it appeared to have a couple of features that I am keen to use.

I downloaded the cart to install a test site, and bought a module from the marketplace to migrate my current cart.

The add-ons site didn't let me download the module at all to begin with, I thought that was teething problems and continued. Then the migration module does not work. After 2 months of complaints I still have a cart where the migrated products have the wrong prices, categorieies are all wrong, orders mix up customers names and adresses. I don't feel this is accapetable, and I have been more than patient in going back to them for fixes. I cannot proceed with any PS without migrating my current data.

I have also complained to the PS addons site who have not replied to my message after 5 days. I have used live chat to get an answer and they just say I will get a nessage back.

So far, no message, and no refund for a module/add on that does not work.

Is this the standard level of service and support I can expect from PS? Are there reputable PS developers out there?

I'm very concerned about investing any more time or money into PS at this point.

@willowtree

Sorry to say things kind of things happen due to some developer didn't replied and PrestaShop end developer contact is really difficult , some module are over priced for new customer to move PrestaShop. SmartData work from 1.5 PrestaShop and released many pro level module free for PrestaShop user. Our support also good. We released elementor based page builder crazy elements free for all user , which is quite night mate for PrestaShop. but we never compromise with quality of the product if it free.

In PrestaShop forum you will find many active Prestashop developer who can also give you paid quality support. They are expert and friendly. You just need to wait much time for the refund.

Once convert your shop to PrestaShop https://classydevs.com will save your life with lots of quality free module .

Thank you

Hire an agency, for example our agency rules the pool in migrations and we don't use modules as they only migrate 'some' things, seldom do they migrate customer orders, product attributes/features (correctly) etc.

I think we are the only agency that even likes migrations, we like challenges.  But if you don't have right module or agency you will have a featureless catalog...