Prestashop in 2030?

MikeCodes

The big question is also whether shop owners will wait that long. The competitors are way ahead and offer a lot free features for which you have to spend +500 € on moduls at Prestashop. (beautiful urls, seo features, lawyer proofed gdpr, Pagebuilder).

Have a look in shop comparisons in blogs and on youtube... today - no one recommends to use prestashop. In Google Trends you can also see the sinking rate of interesst for that topic. Another problem is that pretashop is always two years behind the "state of the art".... wie have the old symfony 3.4 and still no support for php8.

So i'm realy curious about the future... 2025 or 2030. 

• Haha 1

It's depend on your choice. We are working more than 7 + years in PrestaShop and also expert in WordPress and Shopify.  From my end PrestaShop is little hard but secure for user to run a big ecommerce. Other compiator is either to much difficult or to much expansive.  We have lots of free module like page builder and other module which minimize the PrestaShop user costing . Right now PrestaShop is the most user friendly ecommerce for multilingual and multi store ecommerce. This is the conclusion as a expert :)

Hello,

I'm considering PS at the moment, there are a few features missing that I'm struggling with, one is support for Royal Mail which is the main shipping solution in the UK - and is fairly simple in that a bulk export of shipping details, names addresses etc to csv is all that is really needed.

secondly it is the picking packing posting process - I'd like this to me much easier. In my current cart I tick boxes next to the orders that need processing and there is a button for printing packing slips which does them all. Once I have picked/packed them I select the ones I want and export to csv for Royal Mail, then in 1 click mark them all as shipped.

Lastly, a big draw to other solutions is subscriptions... it's been in the roadmap for a while but I can't see any progress.

So far my experience with PS and the addons marketplace is very bad - definaetly putting me off migrating.

• Like 1

On 7/28/2021 at 3:16 AM, MikeCodes said:

Does anyone think that Prestashop has a future? ... will there still be new shops in 2030 that rely on Prestashop?

For me, Prestashop is already a dead horse.

it's a dead horse?  how  so?  I think if you are a DIY'er, yea PS is not for you, it just takes to many different hats to build a quality ecommerce system, it's not for everyone and that sounds like it includes you.  There is always shopify/bigcommerce for those that do not have the inhouse expertise to build a kick ass shop...we build them all the time and have many client migrations  to PS....ok, in the US where we focus, it's not really marketed but the smart companies that do their research like PS.

On 8/4/2021 at 12:13 PM, MikeCodes said:

we have the old symfony 3.4 and still no support for php8.

https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop/projects/12

Symfony 4.4 is already merged : https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop/pull/24609

Support of PHP 8 is on the way : https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop/issues/18547

So I don't think it's a dead horse ^^