Wrong carrier and amount in BO after ordering

Hi guys,

Here is a tricky one for the pros ☺️

We offer 3 different carriers to ship with.

#1 Standard (cheap but slow)
#2 Fast ( normal cost and normal shipping time)
#3 Express (Fast but a bit more  expencive)

The problem:
The carrier I choose in the Checkout is later wrong in the confirmation mail and in the order in BO. Everything is shown correct until i press BUY.
Example: If I choose "Express" it actually picks the first alternative but you dont see it until the confirmation page. This results in the total amount being wrong.
It seems to always pick the first carrier in the list.

This is what I know:
* We use an external payment module (SVEA) and it gets the correct amount (Its also correct on their website).
* The checkout shows the correct amount and carrier.
* The confirmation page shows the Wrong amount and carrier.
* The confirmation emails shows the wrong amount and carrier.
* The order in BO Shows the wrong amount and giving a Warning that the customer payed too much.
* I tried to deactivate the first carrier (standard) but the system just choose the next first in the list (Fast).
* I have deactivated recently bought modules that I thought might have affected it but no success.

Id appreciate if you guys could help me by telling where to start troubleshoot.
What files are associated to this function? (I might want to rewrite them with an older backup)

Appreciate your help,
Kim

Edited by immeleet (see edit history)

• 8 months later...

Hello,

try to change carrier & refresh the page,

if the carrier doesn't change, there is an error in your ajax request changing carriers.

If the carrier change, there is an error on your payment module.

you can look too in your database if the parameters are saved to the cart  (ps_cart.delivery_option)

17 minutes ago, Adrien T said:

Hello,

try to change carrier & refresh the page,

if the carrier doesn't change, there is an error in your ajax request changing carriers.

If the carrier change, there is an error on your payment module.

you can look too in your database if the parameters are saved to the cart  (ps_cart.delivery_option)

Thanks for the suggestion, in my case at least, the payment module handles everything inside a payment window so no ajax requests can be tracked, and switching carriers inside the payment window works and the amounts update correctly too. Nothing really in the error logs either to indicate an issue. In the database they get the wrong carrier id. 

if the information is not correct in the database,

it's that the ajax request when you change carrier (each click on carrier generate an ajax request) isn't working,

so you'll have to debug this request which isn't working (the cart should change the carrier in database when you click on carriers).

• 1 year later...