Extremely slow load time in admin panel

Egstudio

Hi,

I recently upgraded the Prestashop version for a client to 1.4.0.17. Now, it seems that the load time for the admin panel in some tabs is ridiculously slow, something like: 120 - 240 seconds. The slowness issue is only in certain tabs: payment, modules and home. The front-office seems to work fine.

The database isn't big either, the store doesn't have products yet and has about 70 categories.

Has anybody experienced the same issue?

Hi, thanks for the answer, however I just solved the problem. It had nothing to do with the code but more with the server definitions and firewall.

It seems that in the admin panel there are several calls to scripts outside the server that were blocked, each block causing a socket timeout of 60 seconds.

This can be changed manually by changing the "default_socket_timeout" directive in php.ini to something shorter or preferably by opening the right sockets in the server firewall.

I actually have a similar problem.

My shop is running Prestashop 1.2.5 and since yesterday morning there is a 30 second delay when I try to access the index page. The problem is persisting and it always takes 30 seconds before the page loads.

If I enter the URL to any sub page there is no problem and those pages load normally. But if I then press the "Home" button the same problem appears. It takes 30 seconds for the index page to load.

Do you perhaps have any advice as to how I can identify any external calls in order to correct the problem?

Could it be that Prestashop 1.2.5 makes a call to Prestashop.com that is no longer supported due to the old version?

I simply haven't had the time to upgrade yet and there are too many custom changes in my good old 1.2.5 version :-)

I just upgraded to PrestaShop 1.4.0.17 and seem to be having a similar problem. The initial 'Module' and 'Payment' tabs never appear. I don't get an error, like a timeout or anything, but nothing ever displays either. I get the 'Back Office > Modules' and the 'Help' at the right hand side, but never get the list of modules or the footer for the page.

I thought about trying angora's suggestion of removing some of the translation stuff, but that's a little scary. I'm not totally convinced that would resolve the issue as the tabs are never loading, so I'm not sure it's a speed issue.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Well I did finally get the tabs to display. Did have to just delete a bunch of unused modules. Now my problem is that I can't figure out how to configure the paypal module. I click on the configure and it blinks but I don't get any form to change any settings in.

Looks like I'll have to do another upgrade in a couple days.

@ Egstudio

I had a problem with BO and certain features like create and delete categories and also slow loading off some status modules, i have changed this settings,

; Default timeout for socket based streams (seconds)
default_socket_timeout = 0

Normally the timeout here is 60 sec

And after changing this the speed is way better , but you said best is to set right sockets in server firewall.
What are the correct settings you need to configure ?? is this also placed in the server php.ini ??

Thanks,

ysco..

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

In my case the home page of the admin was extremely slow due to the module Condensed stats for the Back Office homepage v1.0.

This module is VERY slow for a shop with a lot of page request. This because of the query used to calculate online visitors.

I've modified the query and from 120 seconds back to 3 seconds!

Change in modules/statshome/statshome.php the function

private function getVisitorsNow() {
 return Db::getInstance()->getValue('
SELECT COUNT(DISTINCT cp.`id_connections`)
FROM `'._DB_PREFIX_.'connections_page` cp
WHERE TIME_TO_SEC(TIMEDIFF(NOW(), cp.`time_start`)) < 900');
}

into

private function getVisitorsNow() {
 return Db::getInstance()->getValue('
SELECT COUNT(cp.`id_connections`)
FROM `'._DB_PREFIX_.'connections` cp
WHERE cp.`date_add` > date_add(now(),interval -900 second)');
}

This was tested for 1.3.6.0

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Hi guys, good news :)

The Prestashop needs connect to their servers, but not be making this.

To solve it, call to your host to allow these IPs:

91.240.109.42 -> prestashop.com

91.240.109.21 -> api.prestashop.com

91.240.109.40 -> addons.prestashop.com

91.240.109.26 -> translations.prestashop.com

Sorry by bad English

Thanks

• 5 months later...

i know several hostings with cpanel where this feature isn't active.

in my opinion this feature is definitely bad...

Hi , I m in a shared server and the hosting providers don't agree to allow those ip address in the firewall. My admin panel is also really slow

• 2 years later...

i will allow whole subnet: 91.240.109.*

Yep. This worked for me

I know this is an old thread, but the answer is valid nonetheless.

If you are running CSF put this in your "allow"

91.240.109.0/24

My BO load time went down.

thanks

Edited by ssvapes (see edit history)

• 2 months later...

Hi all.

Suddenly my website admin panel goes extremely slow. 

When i'm trying to go B.O. even the login page comes after 120 or 160 sec.

When i login in admin panel  it goes veeeery slow and i have to wait 1 or 2 minutes to go to products of anywhere else.

I have 2 similar websites at the same server same version etc

The problem is only at one of them.

I copied the admin folder from one to the other, I disabled all unnecessary modules but nothing happened.

At this time i have copy the website to another domain name and trying to find out what happened.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you

Edited by Athinodoros (see edit history)

• 2 months later...

I had super slow load times on my 1.6.x panel as well (multiple versions, including the latest 1.6.1.7). In my case "demo mode" was still enabled due to site development ongoing.

"Demo mode" wants to pull data (?) from gamification.prestashop.com and I think this was timing out. It's probably the same firewall issue that other users reported in earlier versions. If something in the admin panel is trying to access an outside site the timeouts are extraordinarily long which leads to ridiculous load times.

It would be very helpful if Prestashop gave an actual error about these timeouts, it would make tracking down the source of the problem much easier.

• 3 months later...

Hi guys, good news :)

The Prestashop needs connect to their servers, but not be making this.
To solve it, call to your host to allow these IPs:

91.240.109.42 -> prestashop.com
91.240.109.21 -> api.prestashop.com
91.240.109.40 -> addons.prestashop.com
91.240.109.26 -> translations.prestashop.com

Sorry by bad English

Thanks

Thank you for this! Our load times were crazy. Our new firewall blocked all traffic from certain countries. I was able to lookup these IP's and unblock France. All is sweet again!!