Stuck Install Prestashop 1.4.0.17 on localhost

I've been waiting v1.4 for so long, never upgrade from 1.3.5 until now.
However i got stuck installing the v1.4 on localhost, installation stop at step 4, Shop Configuration.
I've tried these browser (Safari, Chrome, Firefox) no luck. I'm using MAMP on OSX 10.6.7.

Anyone experiencing the same? Any clues?
Thanks.

I am using WAMP, I didn't encounter any problem.

But if you are abel to get to the step 4, I think most things are there, only the shop information, you do it at back office Preference page. You can have have try to see if you can run both front store and back office. If you can do, you can just go ahead use it.

But yes, the issue still disturbing, even you can run, you will be always worrying something will goes wrong.

I could access the front store but I can't login to back office, employee not registered or something like that, I'm sure I've entered the correct user&pass;.

However, I switched Installation Type to Simple Mode and it successfully installed. So what's those 100+ Additional modules am I missing?

Timezone bug in 14017, and I created a record in an old bug tracker before.
Check your webserver error log, you may get

PHP Fatal error: Undefined class constant 'PER_COUNTRY' in /var/www/tssite/shinglee/ps14sam/install/php/cou
ntry_to_timezone.php on line 28.

Search forum, you may get some links like this one...
http://www.prestashop.com/forums/viewthread/99170/#408720

Solution:
It is the Timezone.
Use “Europe/Paris” or “Europe/London”, installation would pass to Step5.

Another scenario...
And I just install to localhost with "China" & "Asia/Chongging", it could pass to Step5, but no modules in Back Office and blank in Front.
And no stated above PHP Fatal error found in log of httpd.

However, I switched Installation Type to Simple Mode and it successfully installed. So what’s those 100+ Additional modules am I missing?

I think the modules should be still there, you can install them from back office after log in

- Modules tab

I just tried, if you use simple installation, it only shows the LOGO at front office.
but you can install the modules one by one and set up some products by yourself.

you can see it here
http://expresscheckout.dyndns.org:8080/shop1417/

Ah yes I kind of noticing there are Internal Server Error on isoCode & .../install/php/country_to_timezone.php?country=...

I guess that's it, thanks EQ10000 & shokinro, is it suits you Kathleen ?