Installing Prestashop 1.6.1.6 / Database is found but "Next" brings to white page

Hi all,

I have been trying to install Prestashop 1.6.1.6 (desktop/local version). All goes well, the database is found, but when I clic "Next", a white page appears and nothing more happens.

Any thoughs ?

My config is as follows :

Apache : 2.4.18

PHP : 5.6.19
MySQL : 5.7.11

Many thanks in advance :)

Aurore

Welcome to Prestashop community.

Please enable Prestashop debug in file config/defines.inc.php

// change from false to true
define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', false);

// final result should be like:
define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', true);

Then take a screen shot of the error and post it here.

Hello,

to chime in, I also am experiencing this with .16 will not install and just sits on the "store installation" page, the top portion is blank and displays no progress.

activated debug mode, but no output to this point. I checked my error logs and the only item is:

[sun Jul 10 10:05:58.916136 2016] [rewrite:error] [pid 3207] [client 192.168.0.0:54721] AH00670: Options FollowSymLinks and SymLinksIfOwnerMatch are both off, so the RewriteRule directive is also forbidden due to its similar ability to circumvent directory restrictions : /srv/www/htdocs/prestashop/js/jquery/plugins/jquery.chosen.js, referer: http://192.168.0.0/prestashop/install/index.php

I have my .15 store running on this server with no problems, wondering if this issue is the cause to my inability to use the 1-click upgrade module.

Hi exadra37,

Many thanks for your answer.

The error message is :

Fatal error: Call to a member function fetch_assoc() on boolean in C:\Program Files (x86)\EasyPHP-Devserver-16.1\eds-www\prestashop_1.6.1.6_fr\classes\db\DbMySQLi.php on line 341

Thank you,

Aurore

Hi exadra37,

Many thanks for your answer.

The error message is :

Fatal error: Call to a member function fetch_assoc() on boolean in C:\Program Files (x86)\EasyPHP-Devserver-16.1\eds-www\prestashop_1.6.1.6_fr\classes\db\DbMySQLi.php on line 341

Thank you,

Aurore

I don't know that I've used Prestashop on MySQL v5.7 before, perhaps it is not properly supported?

The problem you are having is that Prestashop is trying to determine if InnoDB is supported.  The result is coming back as a boolean (true or false), but Prestashop code is not expecting a boolean, but rather a mysqli_result class.

So I'm not sure if this is a bug with MySQLI, a problem with MySQL v5.7, or a problem with Prestashop itself.

Any reason you are using MySQLi as opposed to PDO?

Hi bellini13,

Many thanks for your message.

I am not technical enough to understand your question. I don't know how to use PDO instead of MySQLi. My objective is to test Prestashop locally. I am using EasyPHP AMP.

Would you recommend me to try to use an older MySQL version? Or is there an easy way for me to use PDO ?

Thank you.

Hi extrada37,

Thank you.

I followed the instructions to enable PDO.

Now I have the following Error message (database is still found and the error comes when I click "next")

Fatal error: Call to a member function fetch() on boolean in C:\Program Files (x86)\EasyPHP-Devserver-16.1\eds-www\prestashop\classes\db\DbPDO.php on line 371

Any though ?

• 3 months later...