RSS feed to show New Products

Try changing line 16 of modules/feeder/rss.php from:

$products = Product::getProducts(intval($cookie->id_lang), 0, ($number > 10 ? 10 : $number), $orderBy, $orderWay, $id_category, true);

to:

$products = Product::getNewProducts(intval($cookie->id_lang), 0, ($number > 10 ? 10 : $number), false, $orderBy, $orderWay);

• Like 1

I get a Hack attempt if i try this. Its fine. I'm probably best to let it stay at featured products actually - as if i had it at new products it would probably be empty after the initiial setup period.

• 1 month later...

It seems PrestaShop doesn't like it when you leave out the orderBy and orderWay parameters. Try using the following instead:

$newProducts = Product::getNewProducts(intval($cookie->id_lang), 1, 10, false, 'date_add', 'DESC');

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

jaro,

he means to go to the modules and install the rss feed module. you will need to have the products in the Home category to show up. then go to the url and you will see your rss feed at that url. that is the url to use to send or give it to people to read with their feeders.

if your site is mobilpc-centrum.sk then your rss feed will appear at http://www.mobilpc-centrum.sk/rss

jaro,

he means to go to the modules and install the rss feed module. you will need to have the products in the Home category to show up. then go to the url and you will see your rss feed at that url. that is the url to use to send or give it to people to read with their feeders.

if your site is mobilpc-centrum.sk then your rss feed will appear at http://www.mobilpc-centrum.sk/rss

This feed never exist on Prestashop to use the Prestashop rss fed you can put the url yoursite.com/modules/feeder/rss.php and if you want to create feed for some categories, put hthe id like this rss.php?id_categorie=2 for the category 2. You can define order by name, position, date_add, date_upd like rss.php?id_categorie=2&orderby=position and you can define the order way like rss.php?id_categorie=2&orderby=position&orderway=ASC or DESC.

• 4 weeks later...

Change line 41 of modules/feeder/rss.php from:

echo "\t\t\t<title><![CDATA[".$product['name']." - ".html_entity_decode(Tools::displayPrice(Product::getPriceStatic($product['id_product']), $currency), ENT_COMPAT, 'UTF-8')." ]]></title>\n";

to:

echo "\t\t\t<title><![CDATA[".$product['name']/*." - ".html_entity_decode(Tools::displayPrice(Product::getPriceStatic($product['id_product']), $currency), ENT_COMPAT, 'UTF-8')*/." ]]></title>\n";

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

It seems PrestaShop doesn't like it when you leave out the orderBy and orderWay parameters. Try using the following instead:<br/><br/>

<br/>$newProducts = Product::getNewProducts(intval($cookie->id_lang), 1, 10, false, 'date_add', 'DESC');<br/>

this work for me, thanks.

ps: i edit it $newProducts -> $Products

• 1 month later...
  • 5 years later...

jaro,

Sorry to bring up this old post, but after installing the RSS Feed module, where do i see the links to copy?  I dont know where to see my url?