[Important]: Bug with PayPal "Intégral Evolution" : No order in BO

Xavier  du Tertre

Hello,

To all merchants using PayPal with their "Hosted Sole Solution" (a.k.a HSS, or Integral Evolution, ... depending on the country you're in), this is an important message to read and pass on to your technical team.

Let's recap in one simple sentence: Without PayPal HSS, your customers paying with PayPal do so on PayPal's website, in a new tab in their browser ; If you did integrate PayPal HSS on your online store, your customers stay on the store when they log in on PayPal and proceed to paying and completing their order.

Yesterday, PayPal modified their API and they now send invalid data on IPNs (Instant Payment Notification). As a result, all merchants using PayPal HSS are not getting in their back-office the orders that were placed by customers paying with PayPal.

Do not modify anything in the software, the issue isn't in PrestaShop's code.

On Thursday, October 16th, PayPal will proceed with a complete roll-back of their API and the situation will be over. Until then, all merchants affected by this issue must:

- Switch to the standard web payment solution of PayPal (until Thursday)

- Deactivate the use of IPNs (until Thursday)

For those who are unsure which solution they're using: if you're using the HSS solution, you're paying around $25 a month. If you're not paying for this kind of tool, then it means you're on the classic web payment solution and everything is fine.

Thank you for reading and sharing the info with whomever might be concerned.

We're available for any additional question you may have.

Xavier

• Like 6

I just set up an account with PayPal using their Payments Advanced account (so I pay $5 dollars a month instead of $25), but the checkout occurs on my website/domain (not on paypal's). This is a new setup so everything so far has been a test. I created a 2 dollar item and ran it through my one page checkout, and after entering my credit card info into PayPal's dialogue boxes, I hit pay and it makes a processing icon. Finally, the area on the page in which the module sits reloads, but the rest of the checkout page doesn't. The payment module is fully gone, and that reloaded area appears to be a portion of my website's homepage. In my back office, no order appears (although a new customer account does if I elected to create one).

HOWEVER, when I look at my paypal account, the correct amount of money shows up in the account (after checking my bank account it appears as if my cc was charged correctly as well). so the payment went through, it just didn't register on my website at all.

Is this the problem that will be fixed when PayPal redoes their end of the problem? Will my customer's checkout page reload correctly once it receives a response from PayPal that the payment transaction completed successfully?

PS 1.6.0.5

PayPal 1.3.8

Thanks!

Chetan

edit: to make it more confusing, the PayPal 'HSS' service apparently isn't available in the US, which is where I'm located. However, does the problem with my website replicate what other people's HSS error is doing to their checkout?

Edited by DFWcomposites (see edit history)

On Thursday, October 16th, PayPal will proceed with a complete roll-back of their API and the situation will be over. Until then, all merchants affected by this issue must:

- Switch to the standard web payment solution of PayPal (until Thursday)

IMPORTANT: if you use the standard payment, paypal will charge the standard fees that are greater than pro fees.

• Like 2

Hello everyone,

@DFWcomposites: the issue you're running into is the same as explained by Xavier above.

To all: we just got a confirmation from Paypal that this issue will be sorted out by their technical team tomorrow. 

Have a great day ! 

Hi,

We are also based in the UK and when I called PayPal they were aware of an issue but could not clarify when the fix would be made. But at least they did admit to a problem and that it would be fixed.

BTW the issue for us was related to IPN calls (we use PayPal Payments Pro).

Cat

Will they be rolling back in the UK?

I am having the same issue though Paypal here are refusing to accept that that it is anything to do with them and say the API's are different across Europe?

To everyone,

The rollback from Paypal's technical team has been made today. I invite you to reset the module.

However, we want to warn you that all the orders that had been made won't be recovered by Paypal. A special support will be proposed to merchants to solve this issue. 

Have a nice day!

To everyone,

The rollback from Paypal's technical team has been made today. I invite you to reset the module.

However, we want to warn you that all the orders that had been made won't be recovered by Paypal. A special support will be proposed to merchants to solve this issue. 

Have a nice day!

Hello samyha,I just receive again an email today regarding 'PayPal Instant Payment Notification Warning ' .. will i just ignore it and wait? or is there something else i have to do in my prestashop? thanks

Hello samyha,I just receive again an email today regarding 'PayPal Instant Payment Notification Warning ' .. will i just ignore it and wait? or is there something else i have to do in my prestashop? thanks

I got the same message this morning. Though the orders are now showing up in the back office again.

• 2 weeks later...

I have fix this problem with this little code in PayPal module.

This code also fixes the problem that many people have on the test PayPal.

- go to /modules/paypal/api/
- open paypal_connect.php
- around line 88 you can see @curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSLVERSION, 3);
-replace with :

// @curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSLVERSION, 3);
@curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSLVERSION, CURL_SSLVERSION_TLSv1);
@curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_CIPHER_LIST, 'SSLv3');
  • Like 1