1.4.9 - Is it really faster?

Is prestashop 1.4.9 faster than 1.4.8.2?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Is prestashop 1.4.9 faster than 1.4.8.2?

Hey guys!

I just downloaded 1.4.9 and performed some tests both on a local and live (free hosting) environments, with an out-of-the-box 1.4.9 version and another ootb 1.4.8.2.

I used the internal stopwatch to measure timings, and they don't seem so different. yes, i did notice a small improvement in speed, but nothing about 321% as they claim on their website. What do you think? Have you had the chance to test it?

Hi,

i'm very courious ti update the release.

I have two differente presta-site, rel 1.4.8.2 and 1.4.8.0.

If the new versione release are released one of month it's very very complicated the process to update.

Is it no possibile a smart process to release update?

In my presta site section Tools -> Upgrade (experimental function on release 1.4.8.2) not identify the disponibility on new release version.

The basic process it's very critically!

One solution?

Thx for all

It is faster for me with the first byte times, it has reduced to half almost. That is surely good. Order pages also seem faster as mentioned but i have not measured those so no numbers on that.

I did a manual upgrade thankfully since some users seem to have problems with the auto upgrade.

Yes, when the first request is made to the server, the time to serve the first bytes from the database used to be slow. If you read the changelogs there are many database optimisations done , so that might be the reason. I know it also depends on the host, but since i noticed this change i feel it might be the optimisations also.

Edited by indus (see edit history)

On my small store, 10 - 20 products per category, I didn't notice much of a speed increase; it was already snappy. On my large store the speed increase was more than a little noticeable. In categories that contained more than 100 products, opening each product page took 2-3 seconds in 1.4.7.2. Now with 1.4.9 it's down to about a second. Very big difference for me.