Add to cart not working

Donny

Hi, Funny thing, my "add to cart" button only responds when my shop is in safe mode. also removing products from the cart is not responding. Pressing button does nothing.

Running the shop in safe mode fixes the problem, but do not want it in safe mode allthe time. I tried deactivating modules to see if it starts to work,but no such luck.

Anybody have a clue to what may cause this to happen?

Thank you!

• 1 month later...

Hello NemoPS!

I appreciate you awnsering to my question. I ended up reinstalling prestashop and redoing the shop. Had so many other issues aswell. Everything running smoothly now and hope it stays that way. kInd regards

I have the same issue. This morning, orders were being taken (so people were finding the product, adding it to the cart and checking out). Then it stopped working - I can replicate what a customer phoned me about. The 'add to cart' button does nothing on www.wildplaces.co.uk - anyone any suggestions for fixing this? Is it a software issue or database fault? Somewhat desperate to find a solution.

Thanks Nemo. This issue arose at just the wrong time, as I had a commitment to be away from home for a period and could do nothing. Before I left, having failed to solve this, I installed a backup into a new directory and moved the domain forwarding to it. The problem seemed to be solved ... now, the product could be added to the cart again. I thought it was okay. But, it now allowed a customer to place an order and the service provider took the money - but there is no return information coming back to Prestashop, or at least nothing is being 'accepted' as incoming (and therefore nothing going to the customer to say this was successful and the order is placed). I've checked thoroughly with the merchant bank end of things and nothing is wrong there (they have also checked), so this is a Prestashop software issue. Instead, the customer sees a warning that payment has been taken but 'something is wrong and contact the shop'. The payment modules are all seemingly correct. I don't know where to try anything next and ideas are very welcome.