Error 500 Edit Customer

Hi

Think I posted this in the wrong place first time...

Just starting out with PrestaShop and running 1.7.6.0, have purchased a module to migrate us from OpenCart 3 which has been installed and run.

Now on trying to view a customer to edit that person I'm getting a Error 500 page, but only on customers who have previously placed an order. If it's a customer whos registered and not ordered it will show the page no problem.

I've contacted the dev of the migration module and they have done a test migration of our current OpenCart shop to their server and it's worked fine so said it's our install or hosting which is the issue.

I've turned on debug mode and on clicking a customer to edit I get the following:

Level Channel Message

DEBUG18:23:41doctrineSELECT name FROM ps_module WHERE active = 1

INFO18:23:41requestMatched route "admin_customers_edit".

DEBUG18:23:41securityRead existing security token from the session.

DEBUG18:23:41securityUser was reloaded from a user provider.

INFO18:23:41phpUser Deprecated: Tools::displayPrice() is deprecated since version 1.7.6.0. Use PrestaShop\PrestaShop\Core\Localization\Locale::formatPrice() instead.

INFO18:23:41phpUser Deprecated: Implementing "Symfony\Component\HttpKernel\DataCollector\DataCollectorInterface" without the "reset()" method is deprecated since Symfony 3.4 and will be unsupported in 4.0 for class "Csa\Bundle\GuzzleBundle\DataCollector\GuzzleCollector".

CRITICAL18:23:41phpUncaught Notice: Undefined variable: customerForm

CRITICAL18:23:41requestUncaught PHP Exception Symfony\Component\Debug\Exception\ContextErrorException: "Notice: Undefined variable: customerForm" at /home/ttocco/public_html/prestatest/src/PrestaShopBundle/Controller/Admin/Sell/Customer/CustomerController.php line 203

DEBUG18:23:41phpWarning: highlight_file() has been disabled for security reasons

Any help on this or what to try next please?

Thanks

Thanks for replying.

First thing I did was contact the developer of the migration package, they migrated our data to a local test shop of theirs and it seems to work fine, the sent a video to prove it, and said it was my shop setup not working correctly. But it's a brand new install of opencart 1.7.6.0 with no other mods or themes or anything installed or set up. I'm currently ignoring the GDPR issue of all of my shop data being on someone elses server!

Don't know what else to do really, I've got a shop to migrate and setup, I'm £100 down for a migration module which isn't working and no support from them, and don't seem to be getting anywhere.

Is the same issue happing if you edit a new customer for which you have placed an order? If not it is somehow related to the migrated data - you can try to compare this data on database to see what might cause the issue.

To be fair, I've not tried that. I've not even set up payments or shipping or anything yet as thought it best to get all the data moved over first and then configure.

I'll try and run a test order through and see if I can edit that customer first, if not then it's clearly the migrated data.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I had the same problem 

The issue was the column "convertion_rate" in the ps_orders table

I guess in prestashop prior to 1.7.6.0 if you had only one currency the conversion rate wasn't mandatory but now it is and should be > 0.000000

So I updated the column convertion_rate in table ps_orders with '1.000000' by using the following SQL request :

DO A BACKUP OF YOUR DATABASE BEFORE !!! 

AND IF YOUR USING MULTI CURRENCIES ON YOUR SHOP IT MIGHT MESS THINGS UP AND YOU SHOULD MAYBE ONLY UPDATE THE LINES WHERE IT'S 0,000000

UPDATE ps_orders SET conversion_rate = '1.000000'

Hope this can help

Edited by FranckR
typo (see edit history)
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, FranckR said:

Hi,

I had the same problem 

I guess in prestashop prior to 1.7.6.0 if you had only one currency the conversion rate wasn't mandatory but now it is and should be > 0.000000

So I updated the column convertion_rate in table ps_orders with '1.000000' by using the following SQL request :

AND IF YOUR USING MULTI CURRENCIES ON YOUR SHOP IT MIGHT MESS THINGS UP AND YOU SHOULD MAYBE ONLY UPDATE THE LINES WHERE IT'S 0,000000

Hope this can help

Hi,

Thanks for your answer but I've a problem with the customers, not with the orders.
You had problem with customers too ?

Yes the problem was for editing customers : Back office / customers / customers 

the error 500 on some customers ( that had old orders )

I know it doesn't display the orders on the customer form but I think prestashop is requesting them anyway 

On 9/25/2019 at 8:58 PM, rachel01 said:

Hi,

I've the same problem

Anyone have a solution ?
thanks

Are you using the same migration module? Migrating from OpenCart?

I never got this resolved and was fobbed off by the company making the module, basically said it was a problem in my old existing shop and on their test server it was fine.

I've just tried this fix and it most certainly does fix this issue! Can't quite believe it to be honest.

Now, I've also got an issue with missing category and product names after the migration too, the company making the module did actually fix this but didn't tell me what the fix was, so as I'm still in testing and not on a final live shop migration I need to them to either do it again or let me know how to sort it myself. 

Unless anyone else has any bright ideas?

Thanks

9 hours ago, FranckR said:

Hi,

I had the same problem 

Hope this can help

Absolutely amazing, many, many thanks for posting this!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Similar issue here. I did just check database.
- id_currency reads either 1 or 2; no empty record nor value "0" ( I use EUR and USD)
- all conversion rates are either set to 1 or the the real conversion rate (for USD). No empty records.
Nevertheless I endup with error 500 when trying to edit most customers. But it looks like I can edit customers who did NOT place an order yet, and all the customers which I cannot edit already have placed an order. I have this issue also for recently new added customers who did create their account running PS 1.7.6.0 / 1.7.6.1
I also endup with error 500 if I try to set the order state to "payment accepted". Other order states work fine.

May be there is another field which causes this issue?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I had the same issue, but no of  the above solutions worked.

- in my ps_orders convertions_rate was set to 1.000000

- in my ps_customer the id_currency doesn't exist

- in ps_orders id_currency was not 0

After making a small investigation I've found out that my payment module was using in its code wrong path to its files, instead of

_PS_MODULE_DIR_ ."/modulename/rest/path"

it was using hardcoded "modules/modulename/rest/path" which when run from some other controller was an incorrect path. But this is my fault (I wrote this module for myself).

The real issue is, that CustomerController.php is wrongly written. As I understand, the function editAction() has serious mistake:

try {

// create object of $customerForm
	// create some other variables

// if any of those created object fails (eg. wrong module path etc.) then go to "catch" part,
} catch(Exception $e){

if($e instanceof CustomerNotFoundException){
	 return
	}
	// and here goes the incorrect part, if the error is didfferent than customerNotFound then the script continues as everything was fine

}

// So if the exception is anything else than CustomerNotFoundException it executes following code:
return $this->render('@PrestaShop/Admin/Sell/Customer/edit.html.twig', [
            'customerForm' => $customerForm->createView(),
            'customerInformation' => $customerInformation,
            'isB2bFeatureActive' => $this->get('prestashop.core.b2b.b2b_feature')->isActive(),
            'minPasswordLength' => Password::MIN_LENGTH,
            'help_link' => $this->generateSidebarLink($request->attributes->get('_legacy_controller')),
        ]);

//the problem is that $customerForm doesn't exists here as it went to the "catch" part - no $customerForm creation.

So for everyone who struggles with this error, I'd recommend temporary (!) changing this function so you see what exactly causes your problem:

replace ONLY TEMPORARY this code(file src/PrestaShopBundle/Controller/Admin/Sell/Customer/CustomerController.php  function editAction(), line 195):

} catch (Exception $e) {
            $this->addFlash('error', $this->getErrorMessageForException($e, $this->getErrorMessages($e)));
            if ($e instanceof CustomerNotFoundException) {
                return $this->redirectToRoute('admin_customers_index');
            }
        }

with this:

} catch (Exception $e) {

/** @var ViewableCustomer $customerInformation */
            $customerInformation = $this->getQueryBus()->handle(new GetCustomerForViewing((int) $customerId));
            $customerFormOptions = [
                'is_password_required' => false,
            ];
            $customerForm = $this->get('prestashop.core.form.identifiable_object.builder.customer_form_builder')
                ->getFormFor((int) $customerId, [], $customerFormOptions);
            $customerForm->handleRequest($request);
            $customerFormHandler = $this->get('prestashop.core.form.identifiable_object.handler.customer_form_handler');
            $result = $customerFormHandler->handleFor((int) $customerId, $customerForm);

$this->addFlash('error', $this->getErrorMessageForException($e, $this->getErrorMessages($e)));
            }
        }

Now open again the customer edit page, and it should show you the real error of your case.

AFTER SEEING WHAT IS THE ERROR REMEMBER TO RESTORE THE CHANGED CODE OF CustomerController.php TO HOW IT WAS BEFORE.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Lukas Truninger said:

Finally someone who cares about this terrible bug of PS. Thanx Greg for this post.
However, I see still the same (standard) 500 Error. Do I need to delete some cache files? which ones?
Thanx

Hm.. sure you can try to delete the cache, as far as I know deleting cache can not make any harm. So delete everything in    'var/cache/dev'    and in    'var/cache/prod'

I am not backend developer, but my guess how to investigate this would be to add below line 195 this two lines (echo... and var_dump...). so it looks like this:

195 } catch (Exception $e) {
196		echo $this->getErrorMessageForException($e, $this->getErrorMessages($e))
197 	var_dump($e);
198 	$this->addFlash('error', $this->getErrorMessageForException($e, $this->getErrorMessages($e)));

And then maybe you can see what causes the problem in your case. It should show you all the information about the error variable.

Edited by Greg1234 (see edit history)

Unfortunately, this also does not show any new results. It looks like the error is already produced in line

178           $this->addGroupSelectionToRequest($request);

thus we will never get to the "try" nor "catch Exeption ...

=> If I write debugg code        print_r("test");exit;       before line 178, the I see "test" on the website; If I write this debug code after line 178, the I see the standard Error 500 message.

• 2 months later...

I had the same with migration pro from zencart to PS.
Original conversion was to PS 1.7.5.1 and there I could open customer pages that ordered in the past.

In 1.7.6.0 and 1.7.6.4 I could open orders but not the related customer pages: error 500

UPDATE ps_orders SET conversion_rate = '1.000000' fixed my problem.  Many thanks !

Conversion rate was 0.00000

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, this post relates to 1.7.6.2 and above. Not sure about below.

The error is normally caused by imported data from other carts like ZEN cart and Open Cart. They do not have the fields that Presta shop requires. Hence when you click on a imported customer then the details are not found and a MySql error occurs - hence ERROR 500.

Most of this is imported old orders which have prestashop mysql fields in ps_orders set to zero.

Try this but BACKUP YOUR DATABASE FIRST.

From the Advanced Paramaters tab on the left menu select database

Select SQL Manager

Create the following indiviually  and then action with the cloud icon. You may get an error of 500 on each action but do not worry.

Name                                                SQL STATEMENT

roundtype                                          UPDATE ps_orders SET round_type = '1'    
rates                                                   UPDATE ps_orders SET conversion_rate = '1.000000'
round mode                                      UPDATE ps_orders SET round_mode = '2'    
Payment by PayPal                         UPDATE ps_orders SET payment = 'Payment by PayPal'    
Site                                                     UPDATE ps_orders SET id_shop_group = '1'    
recycle                                               UPDATE ps_orders SET recyclable = '0'  

Once these MYSQL actions have happened you should be able to edit your customers. 

This worked for me, after a zencart import of orders. 

Let me know if it works for you....

Doctoremote

Edited by Doctoremote (see edit history)

Thanx for this hints. Unfortunately, this does not solve the issue. All menthiod fields contains valid values. Further, I do not only get the Error 500 when I try to open an address from an imported customer. I also have the same issue with customers that created their user account in prestashop.
Further I think that it has to be something with one of the addresses / customers data base rather than order databas. I can see all orders without problems, but not the addresses.

• 1 month later...

Hi, I was facing this problem today with PS 1.7.6.1.

Problem was wrong email format in DB.

I don't know how customer could enter a wrong email address, but it was like [email protected] with a dot before @

I updated email address and my error disappeared.

I think this error is due to the wrong data format in the database.

Hope this help.

• 3 weeks later...

I did update to 1.7.6.7 and I did hope that this solves this terrible issue - but NO. It does still not work. And once again: the issue has nothing to do with imported database. The issue happens with customer accounts created under Prestashop.
- As long a customer has not placed an order, I can edit the customer
- if customer has placed an order, I can still edit his address, but if I like to access the customer edit page (either from the order or the customer list), I endup with error 500.

I did investigate some more and found out which line of code creates the Error 500:

file: src/PrestaShopBundle/Controller/Admin/Sell/Customer/CustomerController.php  function editAction(), line 203:  (version 1.7.6.7)

$customerInformation = $this->getQueryBus()->handle(new GetCustomerForViewing((int) $customerId));

If I comment out this line of code, things seams to work OK. The edit window opens and shows the correct customer Information....?? Even if $customerInformation content is NULL ...???  I have no idea how data is passed here? Anyone can explain / solve?
Thanx

Edited by Lukas Truninger
updated (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Jluis said:

hello ,
i have the same problem with a specific  Customer , is someone have resolved the problem ?

Unfortunately not. It's a bug of Prestashop, but it looks that they are not interested in fixing it. This ticket is now 1 year old, but the bug is still there in latest Prestashop version ....

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I have also similar problem. I had 76 customers with addresses, 72 of them has been migrated 2 months ago and 4 has logged after that. I tried to upgrade 1.7.6. 5 to 1.7.8. did not manage, but lost the cusotemers - shows only one test customer created 2016, but 68 adresses are still there. Customers can´t login at all. We use this shop as a cataloque mainly for reseller and have therefore no orders at all. So this is a bit different than the versions above.

- Tintti

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, i've put a dump in the controller to see what's happened: 

catch (Exception $e) {
            dump($e);
            die();
            }
        }

And i saw that the customer put his phone number in his lastname, and it was not valided by PrestaShop, so i have changed it in the DB. It works fine now; 

• 1 year later...
On 1/25/2021 at 8:17 PM, winniezz said:

Delete all lines in ps_cart with this id_customer and error will disappear.

In my specific instance the issue is that in PS 1.6 you can have a cart record that has an id_address_delivery or id_address_invoice value that does not exist in the address table. However in PS 1.7 these values have to be valid or 0. So if you migrate data from PS1.6 to a PS 1.7 you need to clear out any invalid id_address_delivery or id_address_invoice values from the cart table. 

If you do not do this you will not be able to view or edit some customer records. 

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

The problem with editing clients and getting the "Oops! An Error Occurred" error is because some data that has been imported from an external program is invalid for Prestashop, such as there being numbers in the last name, like this --> 2014 S.L, then when editing the client, it gives an error.