[1.7.6] Why do we need composer install

Based on the screenshot, I got a warning notice there that I need to run the composer install command. I know how and also I can skip this step. but the question is why do i need to run composer install command? What is the purpose of this notification?

why.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Good question. I'd ask the same. Funny there isn't an answer to it. It's not funny anymore.

Try to install 1.7.6 since yesterday and get 500 error. No (informative) message. Nothing in the server error report, nothing. To be honest, the over-complication just to install that thing, paired with the lack of support here at Prestashopthat, it puts me off. I need a shop, not a never-ending nightmare.

Waiting for the forum administrator to ban me for speaking out by addressing facts 😅.

On 8/14/2019 at 12:53 PM, renegades said:

Good question. I'd ask the same. Funny there isn't an answer to it. It's not funny anymore.

Try to install 1.7.6 since yesterday and get 500 error. No (informative) message. Nothing in the server error report, nothing. To be honest, the over-complication just to install that thing, paired with the lack of support here at Prestashopthat, it puts me off. I need a shop, not a never-ending nightmare.

Waiting for the forum administrator to ban me for speaking out by addressing facts 😅.

Error 500 can be so many reasons. I think most of them related to your server configuration. You can actually debug it by enabling the debugging mode in Prestashop php config file and you might see some errors that telling you why:

define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', true);

Edited by arafatx (see edit history)