Error updating from 1.7.5.2 to 1.7.6

WebsterCO

Hello, I got an error while trying to 1-Click update my prestashop:

07:41:26 ERROR [console] Error thrown while running command "prestashop:schema:update-without-foreign". Message: "Unknown database type json requested, Doctrine\DBAL\Platforms\MySqlPlatform may not support it." ["exception" => Doctrine\DBAL\DBALException { …},"command" => "prestashop:schema:update-without-foreign","message" => "Unknown database type json requested, Doctrine\DBAL\Platforms\MySqlPlatform may not support it."]In AbstractPlatform.php line 423: Unknown database type json requested, Doctrine\DBAL\Platforms\MySqlPlatform may not support it.prestashop:schema:update-without-foreign [-h|--help] [-q|--quiet] [-v|vv|vvv|--verbose] [-V|--version] [--ansi] [--no-ansi] [-n|--no-interaction] [-e|--env ENV] [--no-debug] [--id_shop [ID_SHOP]] [--id_shop_group [ID_SHOP_GROUP]] [--][DEV] ajax request : rollback

Maybe someone can help me?

Best regards,

Attila

Which php version and SQL version are you using ? Seems that your database (version or schema) is not support by latest Prestashop version. Older databases does not support json data type columns. Json data type columns are natively supported from MySQL 5.7 on only.

BTW bugs you can add on github. You need to open an account there before.

Well, as you are using mysql 5.7. which supports json data type columns natively, this error should not appear. So I suppose it could be an error on coding. Add this to the github on issues tab please and name also the OS and software used on your server there for better investigation of the problem.

I don't know what selectshop.at is talking about, but I know for sure that this is a (symfony) bug. 
If this type of DBAL error occurs during database introspection then a developer usually has forgotten to register all database types for a doctrine type. You better wait until this bug is solved, hopefully with a forthcoming upgrade because this release seems to cause problems almost everywhere when you try to upgrade to 1.7.6.0.