How to use old 1.3.2 database backup with fresh 1.3.7 installation?

Hi

I had earlier upgraded to 1.4 but that totally messed up my store now I'm trying to restore my 1.3.2 store, so I have made a fresh installation of the stable 1.3.7 version & created a new database. However I want to restore my old products etc so I restore the 1.3.2 database using myphpadmin & SQLbuddy. However, I no longer see any products listed in the back office or in the front office although I can see the details on my database. I heard there is some thing to do with the cookie key in settings.inc.php & I tried to put the old cookie key into the new settings.inc.php file but it still doesn't work. Can anyone please help me. I have my old files I just need them to be linked to this fresh install. I ran the sql upgrades as separate queries.

Linking PrestaShop v1.3.7 files to a PrestaShop v1.3.2 database is a bad idea. It won't work. If you need PrestaShop to work with an old PrestaShop v1.3.2 database, download and install PrestaShop v1.3.2 here, then insert your old products into the database.

Thanks rocky. I just realised that my 1.3.2 backup does not contain all the data in it. My host threw out some mysql errors. I do have another complete mysql database but I suspect that database was modified as a process during either 1.3.7 or 1.4 install hence it throws out the errors in my existing 1.3.2 store and breaking it. I can't figure out what to do anymore. I have a database with all the information but I don't know which prestashop version it belongs to. I think I'm done for. :-(