Drop down list in product screen

JoelEnckels

Hello,

Earlier I had a topic in the Dutch forum about problems wit generating combinations on products. I have products (stickers) with many variations. Clients can choose between 30 colors and 30 fonts. When I generate these combinations the server gave me an 500 error. That problem was solved but now I'm getting problems with memory. The memory in PHP on my server is showing 256M. So normally it may not give a problem. the max_input_vars parameter is on 10000 so that's far enough...

To prevent these errors I'm looking for another solution.

It's not necessary for me to create all these combinations. I don't need any changes of prices, sendcosts, weight, pictures for each combination. 30 colors and 30 fonts gives me 900 possible combinations. I'm looking for a possibility that I don't need to work with combinations for having a drop down list or a color list on the product page. Is there a solution for me? The option that the client choose on the drop down list checkbox or color list only needs to go to the shoppingcart, the order document, the invoice and the backoffice. All the other things are not necessary.

Can anyone help me with this topic?

Thanks in advance!

Joel

Thank you to post the link.
I found it to. It don't understand why Prestashop doens't offer the posibility to use dropdown lists in there own 'customize'-product option.

I'm thinking about investing in a full customizable module.