So very fustrated

mayberrysoap

All I want and need is:

to be able to add counties in the tax rules

to have products in shop have tax not included in price and have the cart have tax included in the final order total

be able to export orders with the product info

Not have the cart show free shipping - I do not offer it at all and have no shippers that show free shipping

Why is this stuff either have no way to do it or cost an arm and a leg to get? For example: I live in NC and the taxis based on ship to address, and some zip codes are split between 2 counties with 2 different tax rates. So if I under charge I have to make up the difference out of pocket, if I overcharge I have to pay in the overage plus penalties for overcharging. To get a module that works is bare minimum $100 or $100 plus monthly subscription fees. This is all so insane. I am already $240 in on a "free cart"  for modules I needed for things like shipping, gift cards, and payment processors. and a couple mods don't even work and I cannot get a refund.

Edited by mayberrysoap (see edit history)

Hi mayberrysop

Sorry to hear you are frustrated but some things can be more tricky to set up.

You did not mention what version you have but still:

-to be able to add counties in the tax rules

https://support.prestashop.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000421792-How-do-I-add-and-modify-taxes-in-PrestaShop-

to have products in shop have tax not included in price and have the cart have tax included in the final order total

For this try to set each group you have to tax excluded, but as you use tax total will be in checkout final summary. https://nimb.ws/87S9U2

Do also check countries you enabled, if they have tax disabled like US is https://nimb.ws/n1XiMp

be able to export orders with the product info

For that I think there is not any free module, but try to search a bit maybe there is some tutorials on nemops.com website. Or on forum some other solutions.

Of course there are several paid modules.

I live in NC and the taxis based on ship to address, and some zip codes are split between 2 counties with 2 different tax rates

Did not understood this case, 2 countries with 2 different tax rules?  If you set taxes correctly by country it should apply correct tax rule.

Maybe you can explain more in exact example you have.

And on topic of paid modules, 100$ for business, for feature that is essential and improve your store is not much and would pay itself. If it is taxes module, by default you should be able to set most of it without it. I saw lot of US stores that do not have any special module and work just fine. And you probably talk about https://www.presto-changeo.com/prestashop-16-modules/111-prestashop-tax-cloud-module.html yes that one give you some  more convenient way to do taxes, lot of things are automated for you.

And "free cart" remark,  yes you can have everything free and functioning but it would not be much. Set  carrier rates your self or have free shipping, There are some free modules that work in 1.6. Payment modules: there are several free like Stripe and PayPal and some other free module but connected to paid services. But as base simple store that works but do not stand out much from others. So most shop owners get new theme, free or paid. Some modules are needed deepening on type of store but you can improve store as you go. 

And PrestaShop is company, they do work for money too, they need to pay workers and other expenses like any other company. And you can not realistically expect that all features are covered and that they are free. Even in WordPress with huge user base and lot of free plugins for something decent you can spend $1000 in no time for plugins you need for WooCommerce. And other CMS well Shopify is US oriented and can be easy and great solution depending on your industry and features you need.  It does not have lot of features like PretaShop out of the box but you may not even need them all. I know few people that went from PrestaShop to Shopify and their business bloomed. Less expenses for hosting and apps and just bought few extra. Also know some that returned back after missing things in PrestaShop.

Also any module that not work, try to ask developer first to try to fix. If no help ask for refund, if no replay ask PrestaShop, best on Facebook/Tweeter for help.

I know when you starting some business every bit helps, and it can be hard. 

Sorry for bit long replay, you have several questions asked. And for future do try to separate questions to dedicated topics, that way it is easier to follow and also people may find some answer quickly.

The taxes in NC are county based, so there are several zip codes that cross county lines, my town for example has 1 zip code but lands in 2 counties, one is an additional 2.25% while the other county is 2% - so setting up by zip codes in North Carolina cannot be done at all.

I do not want any tax excluded on a sale to any customer (in NC), the issue is in the customer settings if I change it to tax included then the checkout looks like how I want it, but the products all show price including tax, not what I want. I want the price in the store to be like $5.00 but in check out to total up everything like $5.35 (tax included)

8 hours ago, mayberrysoap said:

I do not want any tax excluded on a sale to any customer (in NC), the issue is in the customer settings if I change it to tax included then the checkout looks like how I want it, but the products all show price including tax, not what I want. I want the price in the store to be like $5.00 but in check out to total up everything like $5.35 (tax included)

For this do try to set visitors , gusts and customers groups as tax excluded but in Taxes set Display Tax in cart to yes https://nimb.ws/WG3IfT

Then clear PrestaShop and browser cache and try again.

For counties will let you know.