PRESTASHOP IP's Hacking????????

Eblis

Hi,

Since a few days my site has been crawling by bad bot's that not respect robots.txt like "MJ12bot and AhrefsBot" and strange IP's with wordpress folders hack atempt!!! Working day blocking them!!!
And today in the logs i see this IP's directly from prestashop crawling/scrapping and access to some "hidden" and nonexistent folders, forcing me to change completely the admin folder !!!

So can anyone can know whats is happen????

presta_shop.jpg

1 minute ago, Rodrigo B Laurindo said:

If It is not braking your server you shouln't care about It. It happens all the time. Keep your Prestashop and your server updated and forget it. You can't stop them.

Yes i know my day life is bloking bad bots!!!

But the strange is that the ip range 91.240.109 .* came directly from PRESTASHOP servers and crawling and scraping admin folder's... Can anyone explain that??

1 hour ago, Rodrigo B Laurindo said:

I am not sure, maybe some process of the Addons marketplace? Are o connected to Addons marketplace in your back office?

After quick look into the addons market inside prestashop and some instaled modules, they are working ok, and by that I have blocked that ip range from my host,...  and they will be blocked until someone from prestashop can give some OBJECTIVE explanation why the hell prestashop try to access admin and nonexistent folders!

There are several IP's from Prestashop accessing your server, but no one is "hacking". There are only bost checking your Pretashop install and a known behavior. Nothing malicious there. But if you feel better, of course you can block them. The same I've done since years.

For the "objective" you never will get an answer. Accept it or do it by your way (blocking IP's/ranges). It will not hurt your site.

If you don't want PrestaShop to dial home you should have a look into the function initContent() in /controllers/AdminAddonsCatalogController.php. Variable $addons_content needs to be set to false. This trick works for 1.6 and 1.7, in 1.5 it is a bit more complicated because you have to override several functions in AdminHomeController.php.