Partially deleted prestashop accidentally

Using softaculous I accidentally kicked off the delete process for my prestashop installation.

About 2 seconds into the process I'd realised what I'd done and shut down the tab controlling the delete.

It looks like the codebase is stuffed but at first glance the database is ok.

I'm hoping to reinstall the codebase and just change the database in the config to the correct database not that that gets installed with the install.

Softaculous gives 3 options of different versions to download inc 1.7.51 and other versions lower than 1.7 but the database version. Is 1.7.4.2 what do you suggest I do?

2019_03_06_17.54.58.jpg

Edited by MTNZ (see edit history)

How much of code/files is deleted ?

Softaculous  also could have backups depending of your settings, so check if you can restore it.

For version you could try to download 1.7.4.2 manually from https://download.prestashop.com/download/releases/prestashop_1.7.4.2.zip

then just upload files and change settings in app/config/parametars.php file. But it could be a mess if you have store with custom theme and modules.

• 2 weeks later...

This unfortunately didn't work, plus to keep things clean and robust I decided on a complete new install.

Is there any way to import the products and settings/ themes etc from the old database?

Thanks @Rhobur

On 3/16/2019 at 8:33 PM, Rhobur said:

If you still have the old DB (I suppose you do), apply the sql upgrade scripts, https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop/tree/develop/install-dev/upgrade/sql?fbclid=IwAR2E3xvF3FAFJWkoMkbVuMQ18M47Cc1X2uYdWcs2t5LmmV2O74k0eUO_gYc to your new version manually and you can use it again. 

Thanks Rhobur this sounds like a good thing to try, Im not too sure how to go about this from the URL you provided.

So my current DB installation is 1.7.5.1

and my old DB was 1.7.4.2.

can you briefly explain for me as to what I do to upgrade the old DB? Thanks so much

Right, ok thanks was straightforward enough.

Unfortunately when I ran the query some tables didnt exist so I am going to assume the database was partially destroyed as well as the codebase and I'm just going to have to start again. Ill try and import some things from the various tables using the import tool.

Thanks anyway for your help

Edited by MTNZ (see edit history)