1.7.5.0 Upgrade to 1.7.5.1

jetway

I installed the 1-click upgrade Module but of course once more it does not work complaining about the md5 hash. So i changed all folders to 755 and files to 644 in autouprade but it still doesnt work. A worse Software than Prestashop can't be found.

I can't get 1-Click Upgrade Module Version 4.6.0 to install. I also tried just coping the new Version 4.6.0 over v4.5.1 and it just makes all other modules disappear. 

Even more fun, v4.5.1 offers to upgrade PS 1.7.5.0  to 1.7.5.1 and even goes through the whole upgrade and alters database tables, but in the end? Still PS 1.7.5.0

Very frustrating. 

I just upgraded from 1.7.5.0 to 1.7.5.1 yesterday without any problems. I went with the local directory update method.

The steps in detail:

- Download the latest 1-Click Upgrade v.4.6.0 within your modules catalog page.

- Download the latest prestashop_1.7.5.1.zip version manually, then extract all the files via FTP to admin/autoupgrade/latest.

- Go to 1-Click Upgrade and switch to Local Directory update method.

- Make sure your update/server speed is set to low.

From my experience this works the best because I usually face issues whenever I try to upgrade using the auto function or archive method. Im not sure whether it's because of PrestaShop or my host.

Edited by BlackEdition (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

>> Download the latest 1-Click Upgrade v.4.6.0 

That is the problem, it will not download it. So I download it from addons manually and try to install it, It goes through the process and claims to install the module, but unfortunately it dosen't actually install v.4.6.0 is stays with the old v4.5.1.

So ... I then tried deleting v4.5.1 and installing v.4.6.0 and it breaks all other modules view. All installed modules disappear from view.

So I'm glad you posted that the module worked for you. That means it must be a permission thing perhaps.

21 minutes ago, Bill Dalton said:

>> Download the latest 1-Click Upgrade v.4.6.0 

That is the problem, it will not download it. So I download it from addons manually and try to install it, It goes through the process and claims to install the module, but unfortunately it dosen't actually install v.4.6.0 is stays with the old v4.5.1.

So ... I then tried deleting v4.5.1 and installing v.4.6.0 and it breaks all other modules view. All installed modules disappear from view.

So I'm glad you posted that the module worked for you. That means it must be a permission thing perhaps.

Did you try to download 1 click upgrade again today? I read in the comments on PS builder website that the module wasn't updated to v.4.6.0 at the release of PS 1.7.5.1, but the module was updated recently.

Maybe you should try again now if you haven't done so.

Edited by BlackEdition (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

If you want to upgrade manually from 1.7.5 to 1.7.5.1 ... is it enough to upload/overwrite the files by ftp? Or are database updates needed also?

Is it ok to overwrite only the changed and added files to get the same result?