[PS 1.7] Backoffice login issue - redirection loop back to login

cyshield

Hello,

Since last week I am experiencing a very strange (and frustrating) issue with the backoffice of a shop.

I enter the url as usual shop_name.com/adminpanel

Then I get a login form, I enter my login credentials but it doesn't let me login

Let's say the URL looks like that:

https://shop_name.com/adminpanel/index.php?controller=AdminLogin&token=f4aaafb764045652590cabb900012245f&redirect=AdminDashboard

Everytime I try to login, it just redirects me back to login form. I enter username, password, click "login" and again, back to login form, like a loop.

If i change the url to just this:

https://shop_name.com/adminpanel/index.php?controller=AdminDashboard

then I am able to access dashboard without even the need of entering my credentials

But if I click on the menu option "Dashboard", it will send me back to login form which the loop will take place again UNLESS I remove everything after controller= except the "AdminDashboard"

I assume it means I was logged in anyway but for some strange reason, everytime I click on Dashboard it redirects me to login.

Clearing cache work until the issue happens again. And it can happen to other menu options too. This time is on "AdminDashboard", sometimes it might be the "Orders".

And it is the same thing, clicking on Orders => redirects back to login => trying to login redirects back to login again. If I add AdminOrders in the controller in the url then it will work until I click on Orders again

I read almost all topics with similar issues, I tried setting Check the cookie's IP address to "NO"

I removed cache, I changed shop_url removing www from url and other stuff but no luck.

Can anyone please help me with this? Any help would be much appreciated

I'm really stuck right now and don't know why this happen. I get no errors at all. Just a redirect loop.  

Thanks in advance

I have had some problems with the .htaccess located in the admin/backoffice directory. Not the problem you describe, but redirect issues. Currently I have removed the .htaccess file from that dir. Long shot, but try temporarily removing that file from the admin directory, see if it helps.

access your admin login page e.g. https://shop_name.com/adminpanel/index.php?controller=AdminLogin&token=f4aaafb764045652590cabb900012245f&redirect=AdminDashboard and clear browser cache just before login in. If it helps then you probably have a problem with Leverage Browser Caching. I need to clear cache every time just before logging in to my BO to be able to access the BO.

If I clear browser cache then I can login @futurehousestore but it is frustrating to do this all the time. I was looking for a better solution.

Will look into the "leverage browser caching". Thanks

@Bill Dalton I haven't tried that but thanks for the suggestion.

Just for anyone interested, I managed to fix it (at least for now it works fine) by changing the PHP version from 7.1 to 7.0

I haven't found out what was causing the issue but it seems to be working now.

Just out of curiosity, if you try to change your PHP version to 7.1, would it work?

If you have time and you can test it, it would be interesting to see whether it will work or not.

I very much doubt that the issue has to do with PHP versions. But maybe by changing it, it triggers something or modify somehow the cache? I honestly don't know