Root category must be an integer value

Hey Guys, 

I had been having issues with getting a root category into my Prestashop so I done a bit of messing around with PHP and now i get this error -

The root category of the shop Web Design and PC Services is not associated with the current shop. You can't access this page. Please change the root category of the shop.

Please can you help me get access back onto my shop?

I was messing around with this table?

ps_category

Hi, i have the same problem! I see in the products list in BO the categories... but in the categories section not, and when i try to create a category open de parent category selection appear this mesage of root category must be an integer value, in Data base i delete all categories of the table ps_category any one has the solution for this? if i try to create the category in the database i have the same problem!

thanks in advance!

Hi Mfau

I think I have resolved the issue this morning: Please follow the following steps and hopefully it will resolve for you also:

1. FTP into your area where you have installed Prestashop and removed the Prestashop Directory.
  2.  Enter your hosting area and delete the SQL database which has been created for Prestashop.
  3. Clear your cache on IE
  4. Create a new database
  5. Re-install Prestashop via FTP

Try to create new category now, let me know how it goes :)

Cal

you should fallback the code you changed, if we make coding changes and it does not work and we cannot fix then the natural action to to fallback the code not trouble shoot it until the sun goes out.  also you should be testing changes on a dev copy before applying to production, this way you do not destroy production that causes an emergency.

• razaro changed the title to Root category must be an integer value