Index of /prestashop

Hey there,

I am trying to install the 1.4 beta and I am getting the strangest problem, everything installs fine and I can get into the back office but everytime I try to view the shop font, it just brings up the directory structure in the browser

Index of /prestashop etc etc

what on earth is happening? Why can I access the back and not the front?

Any help much appreciated
thanks

Hey thank you
yes it says,

DirectoryIndex index.html

but I am not using that folder as I want to test other things on this server so
my prestashop root my path is:

http://localhost/prestashop/admin***/index.php for the back office and that works fine, I have also tested version 1.3 and the front end on that works fine too, maybe it is a bug with the beta version, but why haven't other people said anything?

that's the problem actually.
to solve it locally (on remote it will work), enable mbstring php extension (inside your php.ini you'll find a commented line.)
restart the webserver afterwards

I have been having the same problem for weeks. I found this thread and I got real excited I was going to get the homepage to work. I took your advice and changed the php string in the php.ini file.

However, I still get this error

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mb_convert_encoding() in /home/icsportp/public_html/classes/Tools.php on line 1503

In my php.in file I think I have everything correct. Can you be more specific of where to turn on the mbstring???

No it did not solve my issue. I am on a linux server

the site I am working on is http://www.icsportsandpromotions.com/index.php

I have a index.html file and when the .php files throws an error it goes to the .html file automatically. When I delete the index.html file I get an error like one that says tools/page on line 1503 still. Any other ideas??? I have been stuck like this for three weeks searching for an answer.

Should I reinstall the software and try again with the php.ini file edit?

Also, one other thing I had a ? About/

In prestashop it seems it always says tax included. Cant I have the tax shown and added to the order once they click the checkout button. This way my price will look lower until they click checkout.