Presta 1.4.0.15 install issues error 500 and blank front page.

Hello Everyone,

I am having difficult time trying to install the new 1.4 RC5 or RC6. I start the install and everything seems fine, it passes all the test and installed with no errors. I then removed the install dir and rename the admin dir. When i am in the admin it looks ok but several icon images are missing and there are no modules listed. Thats just with the Back Office, on the fonrt end I cannot access or see my store at all. All I get is a Server Error 500 and it redirects to www.mydomain.com/en/

I am on Godaddy Servers, but I have complete control, as its a dedicated server. I also tried on my shared dedicated server with same results. I installed 1.3.7 and it works great on both systems.

Am I missing something? below is my server info.

Server information

Prestashop Version: 1.4.0.15
Server information: Linux #1 SMP Thu Nov 18 16:04:02 MSK 2010 i686
Server software Version: Apache/2.2.17 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.17 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635
PHP Version: 5.3.4
MySQL Version: 5.1.54

Thanks for any help.

Yeah same for me, everything looks like its set up correctly on the server side. Keep in minds i have installed version 1.3.7 just fine and it works good. This is only happing with the latests RC5 and RC6 versions.

Too many people have the same exact issue... so is a really a server issue? I checked to make sure that my PHP was at least 5.2 which it is. I have no redeirects and everything is fine.
1.3.7 worked fine... and I set up the 1.4 on a diffferent account on my server (i have a dedicated server) with all the same settings... it did not work. Removed 1.4 and installed 1.3 and it worked. Removed 1.3 and re-installed 1.4 and still the same issues.

No Home page
Some of the admin pages partially load.

Tim

I got it to work by changing all files permission to 755, my host had a security lock for 777.

JB Which file(s) are you talking about?

Also did this correct the issue with parts of the admin that did not load properly... which I cant see being a permissions issue.

Any help would be appreciated.

Lisette

I got it to work by changing all files permission to 755, my host had a security lock for 777.

Yeah I am still having issues, it seems like its a code issue or something during install. I tried changing the permissions also and it had no effect. Again on the same, site and database I can install 1.3.7 just fine and everything works great.

Hopefully they will figure it out soon I just wanted to test the system.

I had the same problems as some of you have mentioned above;
- No errors during installation
- Blank frontpage
- Modules page and Payment page shown incorrectly in back office

Luckily these problems were solved when I increased my memory limit on my host.
I changed from 8M to 32M on the row for memory_limit in the php.ini-file (in my case it was row nr 232, section "Resource Limits").

As this fix solved my problems I guess it's worth a try for you who has a low memory limit.

I have same problem. I upgraded from 1.3.6 to the latest - and i can access back office - no access to front office. If I type www.domainname.com/psdirectory/index - it does show the store but with "We're sorry, but the Web address you entered is no longer available".

If I click "Show my Store" it just bounces back to the root domain.

where do i find the php.ini file

It depends on the configuration and installation pf PHP on your server. It is usually located in the PHP-folder, perhaps in a configuration folder or similiar.

You can find the location for the file, and information regarding your memory_limit with the phpinfo()-function. Use the following code:

<?php
phpinfo();
?>

You may read more about phpinfo() at http://php.net/manual/en/function.phpinfo.php

Good luck!

Did anyone solve this problem? I am not sure if server problem is the answer, considering the number of people having the issue.

As i wrote above my problems (which was the same as a lot of other have had) were solved when I increased my memory limit. After that everything worked as a charm.

Of course there may be other reasons to the same problem though.

I had the same problems as some of you have mentioned above;
- No errors during installation
- Blank frontpage
- Modules page and Payment page shown incorrectly in back office

Luckily these problems were solved when I increased my memory limit on my host.
I changed from 8M to 32M on the row for memory_limit in the php.ini-file (in my case it was row nr 232, section "Resource Limits").

As this fix solved my problems I guess it's worth a try for you who has a low memory limit.

Top man.

This fixed it for me. Mine was 18M, now 32M and hey presta ..modules and payments page appears.

The php.ini file is part of your server settings not Prestashop. Ask your host if you can't find it or search on google (that's what I did) as it's maybe not apparent

Yeah i still have all the same issues... it really seems like something in the code thats acting strange based on my setup. My memory Limits has always been at 32M. So thats not the issue for me. I just upgraded Apache, and installed a lot more features like ZIP ability and adjusted some security on the system I will re upload and see if anything changes. I will let you know if i figure anything out.

Hi there, I have the same problems you have.
Problem is when I did upgrade from 1.3.7 to PS 1.4.0.17 It seems to be some problems with module detection in directory modules. When I deleted all additional modules (not installed with PS) everything works. I cannot install any modules in the upgraded PS 1.4.
Clean installation on PS 1.4. works fine even with module instalation.
Memory limits still had 32MB.
Any solution? Thanx

This post is 15 days old. Will one of the developers please tell us whats going on. Aside from the memory and permissions and redirect settings... is there something else we should be looking for? Is there something else in the php.ini file we need to turn on , turn off or alter?

Too many people are having this issue. You guys need to chime in and help!!

Its amazing that the programmer(s) do not address this issue or tell people how to fix it. Better off getting a paid script where product support exists. Im moving over to Ecommercetemplates.com Thanks for nothing. Your tech support stinks!

Hello there, good to know that iam not alone with these problems :)

I have also no errors during installation but a blank frontpage,and when i try to access the admin area i get the error :

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /home2/bellyda7/public_html/ftpname/admin55/index.php on line 140

someone solved this issue?

I have given up with it - new install works no problem - upgrade same problem. I have had to move back to the old version to keep the store running - not going to upgrade and seriously considering an alternative store for next revamp. I have a bug report open - but it has been ignored for the best part of 2 weeks now.

I think this says it all.....

Its amazing that the programmer(s) do not address this issue or tell people how to fix it. Better off getting a paid script where product support exists. Im moving over to Ecommercetemplates.com Thanks for nothing. Your tech support stinks!

This is absolutely ridiculous. I can work in the back office, but can't access the front office. SOOOOOO, many people have reported the same issue.

No matter how much work I do in the back office, I can't see what the shop looks like. How can you troubleshoot, let alone operate a business without knowing what your homepage looks like?

This is really needs to get addressed and resolved soon by Prestashop. Too many people have the exact same problem.

Hey Guys, well I was able to get PrestaShop 1.4 Final to install… finally!!. I noticed the problem when I was trying to upload a template zip and was getting an Zip error because I did not have the module installed on the new server. So I went back to EasyApache Update system and selected and added new modules that would support a wider range of ecommerce shopping carts. I enabled ZIP, Exif, Curlwrappers, GetText. The rest of the modules listed below were already installed but I went ahead and did a full rebuild of Apache to a newer version.

Also I selected the Database Engine type: InnoDB, because it was set as default but this did not work. I tried MySAM after I installed all the Apache modules and now everything seems to be working good.

Honestly I cannot tell you exactly what fixed it, But I think PrestaShop needs to do a bit more Diagnosis of the server or better systems check before it installs. They need to make sure all the necessary components and configurations are enables and setup. I feel like this is where the real problem is.

This is what I installed and reinstalled,

Apache 2.2.17
mcrypt
XmlRPC
Curlwrappers
Exif
Magic Quotes
ZIP
CurlSSL
FTP
GD
Gettext
Iconv
Imap
Mbregex
Mbstring
Mysql
Mysql of the system
PGsql
Sockets
Zlib

Maybe this will help someone...

Thank you very much Blade :)
I solved this problem by changing the DB engine option into MyISAM, instead of InnoDB.
and also change the memory_limit at php.ini from 8M into 32M.
It works now :)

Hey Guys, well I was able to get PrestaShop 1.4 Final to install… finally!!. I noticed the problem when I was trying to upload a template zip and was getting an Zip error because I did not have the module installed on the new server. So I went back to EasyApache Update system and selected and added new modules that would support a wider range of ecommerce shopping carts. I enabled ZIP, Exif, Curlwrappers, GetText. The rest of the modules listed below were already installed but I went ahead and did a full rebuild of Apache to a newer version.

Also I selected the Database Engine type: InnoDB, because it was set as default but this did not work. I tried MySAM after I installed all the Apache modules and now everything seems to be working good.

Honestly I cannot tell you exactly what fixed it, But I think PrestaShop needs to do a bit more Diagnosis of the server or better systems check before it installs. They need to make sure all the necessary components and configurations are enables and setup. I feel like this is where the real problem is.

This is what I installed and reinstalled,

Apache 2.2.17
mcrypt
XmlRPC
Curlwrappers
Exif
Magic Quotes
ZIP
CurlSSL
FTP
GD
Gettext
Iconv
Imap
Mbregex
Mbstring
Mysql
Mysql of the system
PGsql
Sockets
Zlib

Maybe this will help someone...

I have the same problem... Payment and Module tabs are failed to open with "500 - Internal server error". Also my shop does not display.. I only have access to the backoffice admin panel.
I have checked the memory_limit into the php.ini and it is 128M so I guess there is no problem with the memory.

I am running
Prestashop Version: 1.4.0.17
Server software Version: Microsoft-IIS/7.5
PHP Version: 5.3.5
MySQL Version: 5.5.9

Please help if you know what is going on.

• 1 year later...