Unable to add product photos or header logo

redtogo

I have combined two problems because both refer to a new 1.7.4.4 website I have just set up. The weird thing about these problems is I set up 3 other sites without any problems and yet when I tried setting up this site both of these problems appeared. If it is required that I set them up as separate problems then that will not be a problem.

1. When I tried to change the header logo to the company logo firstly using a GIF file and then trying with a PNG file I received the message "You do not have permission to edit this."' Since I am the administer of the site this message does not make sense and has never happened to me before on the other 3 sites??

2. When I try to add product photos for the products I received the message 'The file is too large. Allowed maximum size is 512 bytes." And yet the message that appears on the screen where the photos are to be added says "Recommended size is 800 x 800px for default theme."

I am not sure whether I used 1.7.4.3 to install the earlier websites and if so is there bugs in this latest release?

I would like fix these problems as quickly as possible so that the website can be seen as it should be seen.

Any feedback is welcome.