Database troubles. Migrating data from PS 1.0 to PS1.1

It appears there are new fields in many of the tables in the new PS ver 1.1 database, and trying to migrate the .sql file from ver 1.0 to ver 1.1 creates problems.

1. I can't log-in to the back office because the password for the shop won't work after migration.
2. Customers can't log in to the store because their passwords won't work after migration either.
3. All attempts to just update from 1.0 to 1.1 using the normal methods in the Wiki and in the release notes in the forum here create the same issues.

Would anyone know if there might be a script is available that will copy the old version MySql database entries over to the new version of the shop without changing the tables in the new version, but allow the old data to be used in the proper fields?

I have tried to do a clean install of 1.1, with no modules or anything being installed. Then I tried to use the current site's MySql backup file to populate the new version's MySql database. This doesn't work, for the reasons stated above. The restore actually works to a point, but it alters the new site's tables from what they were originally to the way the earlier release was set up.

Help?

I will try that - it will work (maybe) in my update attempt.

There is still an issue with the database tables (fields) mismatch, so I am going to try to make the back-up of the old database match the fields in the new database. While the data for the 1.1 new fields will be left blank when I migrate the data, at least the tables will all be the same. It remains to be seen if I can accomplish this successfully, but it's the only thing I can think of to try. My MySQL skills are a bit less than I'd like before trying something like this, but at least I'm learning something new.

I'll let you know if it works, and exactly what I did if it does work.

While I am very, VERY happy with PS, (and even more so now that I am studying Smarty and PHP) I have to say the database mismatch thing is a royal pain. If I can't get the data (including passwords) to successfully move to the new version and still work, I may never be able to upgrade this site.