Translation problem

northface

Hello,

I installed Prestashop and Prestashop default theme translations (English -> Finnish) worked fine.

After that I installed Matrice theme, purchase without registering module etc.

Now when I go module translations and write Finnish translations there and click "Update translations"
... the fields I just translated do not have any text -> text disappears.

So, I can not get some parts of Matrice theme translated + also same problem with pwr module ...

What could cause this?

Thanks,
Aki
---

Hi, have still the same Problem. (with the stable version and 1.4.0.13 the same prob)

I think it's a problem with the server settings. I have set the suhosin post max vars to 2048 as explained in some threads, but no change. the texts still dissapears when updatet.

Which settings could be the problem? Anybody an idea?
Here my server settings:
http://handjack.de/newshop/test.php

thanks a lot!

Sascha K.

can't belive that there is still no answer for this problem!!!
many people have this problem, and nobody can give an answer. just this one: try some settings in your php.ini, or just search for another hosting service. This is F****

I think anybody of the prestashop deveolopers has an idea of this problem.

Sascha

I also still have same problem.

I asked my host to set suhosin post max vars higher when got this message:

"Warning, your hosting provider is using the suhosin patch for PHP, and is limiting the maximum fields which could be posted to 1000. As a result, your translations will be partially saved. Please ask your hosting provider to increase this limit to 2657 at least."

... after upgading to 1.3.7 version and reading some threads in this forum.

Now suhosin post max vars is set to 3000 ... but still same problem.

I can translate all what have been installed at the first time installation - but after that when adding some modules/themes i can not translate new translation fields.

Aki
---

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Please help...!!Spent the last 12 hrs figuring out what is going on with this suhosin issue? IS THIS A BUG IN 1.4?

I have this same problem now using ver 1.4.

Initially it asked me to increase the limit to 4105 which I did via my host provider. All worked fine for few days and now I am getting the problem back saying increase limit to 4105. It is already increased to 5000 in my php.ini file.

Is this a bug in 1.4 or do i need to check some othEr setting or reset something?

However, since then I have done fresh installs about 3 times to see if the problem goes..no such luck!!

thanks for the help or reply in advance.

====
This the error message i get when going into Module Translation-->
Total expressions : 4005. Click the fieldset title to expand or close the fieldset..

Warning, your hosting provider is using the suhosin patch for PHP, which limit the maximum number of fields to post in a form :
1000 for suhosin.post.max_vars.
1000 for suhosin.request.max_vars.
Please ask your hosting provider to increase the suhosin post and request limit to 4105 at least. or edit the translation file manually.

Try making a php file with phpinfo() to check the actual value of post.max_vars and request.max_vars.

It seemed that your web hosting had reset the value if it worked for a few days.

Hi,

I did have these suggestions in place and suddenly it stopped working after a few days even though the limits were increased.

I have some good outcome from my host provider who have since assisted in resolving this issue and is now working as expected when I go into Translation Module.

Let me explain in the best possible way with my limited technical skills. This may already be a know fix, but I am told this was the cause of the problem and was resetting suhosin max_vars to default.

Solution to my issue:
They added a line in .htaccess to maintain the max_vars limits as they were getting reset by prestashop.
Line added in .htaccess file as “SetEnv PHPRC /home/mysite/public_html”. It seems that the .htaccess file was being overwritten and removing this line. Due to this the php.ini changes were not applied recursively thus causing issue with
translation module.

Hope this is useful information for those having the same problem. This could be one possible fix.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi David,
My store sits in the root directory, so that's where the .htaccess is that I modified.

Sorry, misread your post..

I actually placed that line right at the top in .htaccess file.

Plus everytime .htaccess is updated it remove the that line so I am not sure how to retain it in there all the time.

OK, so I have put: http://www.gamesfromeverywhere.com.au/ in to my .htaccess file (no where in particular). I have a php.ini file in my root directory which contains:

upload_max_filesize = 128M 
post_max_size = 128M
memory_limit = 64M 
suhosin.post.max_vars = 6400
suhosin.request.max_vars = 6400

Permissions of this folder are 644
Translations folder in root are 777 recursively.
Lang folder in theme is 777 recursively.

What am I missing? i still cannot open my translations in the Back office. Any help would be very much appreciated.